07/23/10 Terri not completely cooperative -- per LE

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a feeling that they are being very cautious. If they come right out and say what she's been uncooperative about, they could be accused of tainting the jury pool at the very least. It could also taint other testimony. It means what it means. In some ways she has cooperated. In other ways, perhaps in the honesty department--she has not.

(The cow says MOO!)

I suspect it means that sometimes she's been "cooperative" (i.e. pleased them), such as showing up for more than one LDT. And sometimes she's been not as cooperative (i.e. followed the advice of her attorney and didn't please them.)

It's basically a statement that says nothing while also providing fodder for more "she's not cooperating with LE" stuff. IMHO, most people under interrogation/surveillance, etc. are sometimes cooperative, sometimes not cooperative, unless they lawyer up first thing.

BTW, I don't think that lawyering up when she did was a sign of anything except finally making a good decision. In today's climate, with all the public tendency to decide guilt/innocence, and even threaten uncharged people, even before an arrest, I'd darned well lawyer up in a second.

And the worstthings in my past have been one speeding ticket, one warning, I'm all law and order, and have been vetted back to childhood for jobs --yea, I'm boring. Oh! Almost forgot--one $5 ticket for leaving my car in front of my house on the street too long during a blizzard (dumb cop who liked his power; things aren't going well for him at all).

But these days, ya never know when a DA or LE has tunnel vision, wants a quick closure, etc. etc. and when the public/media get into it and add more pressure, things get nutsy. If nothing else, this case has taught me that "presumed innocent until proven guilty" and due process are at dire risk. Just my opinion.

well as my grandfather would say....either you is mr.cow or your not! I am so confused with LE...geezzz....

I didn't have any trouble with interpretation. I take it that when ask for her cooperation, when they ask her questions, sometimes she cooperates and sometime she does not cooperate.

For example:

Give us your vehicle. Okay here.
Give us your computer. Okay here.
Give us your cell phone. Okay here.
Give us a lemonade. Okay here.
Give us your whereabouts June 4th. I was shopping.
Give us your whereabouts June 4th such that it actually matches your cell phone pings. I was shopping and exercising.
Give us your whereabouts June 4th between 8:30 and 1:30 - your phone tells us you were not where you said you were. I was in the truck.
Give us a recent photo of Kyron. Okay here.
Wait. Was this taken at the Science Fair exactly 20 minutes before the moment he disappeared? Why yes it was.
Did you send pictures to people on your phone? Would you like some more lemonade?
Give us some of Kyron's art work. Okay here.
Give us Kyron's doctor's name. Okay here.
Give us Kyron's glasses prescription. Okay here.
Give us all of Kyron's t-shirts. Okay here.
What is this bank withdrawal for? Landscaping.
Does Kaine know about the landscaping charges? I know how to call 911.
Tell us about this Frog Project. I hardly helped.
The more you can tell us about Kyron, the better job we can do for you finding Kyron. Umm... He likes frogs.
Thank you for your cooperation. Your welcome.
Hopefully you'll remember things better tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm hitting the gym.

actually, I had to leave out some of the example interview, as I feared grandmaj would say I'd over cooked my point to the point of it no longer being pointed. :cow: :cow: and more :cow:

Well they said she's complied with every request, so it's obvious to me that they didn't haven't requested another interview since she retained counsel.

I don't remember them saying she's complied with every request. I thought they said she hasn't *not* complied...which, imo, is entirely different than complying. I know somewhere I posted that I thought this might mean that she hasn't refused to comply...yet. I also think that any response LE is getting since she hired Houze is from him. So complying, may mean technically, legally complying, as opposed to actually complying. For example, you would be techinically complying with a subpoena to testify at a deposition by showing up and pleading the fifth to every question and giving no information whatsoever. jmoo

Actually I think this is fairly easy...

It's what Emma elucidated quite nicely. TH cooperated when it behooved her to do so (no biggy -- yes, I have a red car), she deflected when she knew that they were getting too close to the truth (what did you do between the hours of x and y, I took a drive to soothe my baby, she had an earache -- leemonaide anyone? oh and about the red highlights in my hair, aren't they just too much?) AND LE has subsequently learned that her deflections were actually the "reflections" of lies yet to be deciphered. Oh you don't have to actually lie, just deflect...good enough.

I suspect it means that sometimes she's been "cooperative" (i.e. pleased them), such as showing up for more than one LDT. And sometimes she's been not as cooperative (i.e. followed the advice of her attorney and didn't please them.)

It's basically a statement that says nothing while also providing fodder for more "she's not cooperating with LE" stuff. IMHO, most people under interrogation/surveillance, etc. are sometimes cooperative, sometimes not cooperative, unless they lawyer up first thing.

BTW, I don't think that lawyering up when she did was a sign of anything except finally making a good decision. In today's climate, with all the public tendency to decide guilt/innocence, and even threaten uncharged people, even before an arrest, I'd darned well lawyer up in a second.
bbm

I think most innocent parents of missing children are completely cooperative with LE. All parents of missing kids are interrogated at length and investigated. They know that their complete cooperation, helpfulness and truthfulness allows LE to clear them and aids the investigation.

I didn't have any trouble with interpretation. I take it that when ask for her cooperation, when they ask her questions, sometimes she cooperates and sometime she does not cooperate.

For example:

Give us your vehicle. Okay here.
Give us your computer. Okay here.
Give us your cell phone. Okay here.
Give us a lemonade. Okay here.
Give us your whereabouts June 4th. I was shopping.
Give us your whereabouts June 4th such that it actually matches your cell phone pings. I was shopping and exercising.
Give us your whereabouts June 4th between 8:30 and 1:30 - your phone tells us you were not where you said you were. I was in the truck.
Give us a recent photo of Kyron. Okay here.
Wait. Was this taken at the Science Fair exactly 20 minutes before the moment he disappeared? Why yes it was.
Did you send pictures to people on your phone? Would you like some more lemonade?
Give us some of Kyron's art work. Okay here.
Give us Kyron's doctor's name. Okay here.
Give us Kyron's glasses prescription. Okay here.
Give us all of Kyron's t-shirts. Okay here.
What is this bank withdrawal for? Landscaping.
Does Kaine know about the landscaping charges? I know how to call 911.
Tell us about this Frog Project. I hardly helped.
The more you can tell us about Kyron, the better job we can do for you finding Kyron. Umm... He likes frogs.
Thank you for your cooperation. Your welcome.
Hopefully you'll remember things better tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm hitting the gym.

actually, I had to leave out some of the example interview, as I feared grandmaj would say I'd over cooked my point to the point of it no longer being pointed. :cow: :cow: and more :cow:

:poke: :whip: :floorlaugh: :blowkiss:

Unless you're operating under a blanket refusal to communicate with LE it's easy enough to cooperate when LE wants to look someplace where you know there is no evidence. But then you might start to worry that they'll find out where to look by your pattern of agreeing and refusing.

I think it may just be a poorly worded sentence or more likely something was left out. It probably should have read:

During this investigation there have been times Terri Horman has been cooperative and there have been other times she has not. We cannot speak to specifics regarding this issue.

Or ".... at times she has been cooperative and at other times she has not."

Or ".... at times she has been cooperative and at other times she has not."

Or, "During this investigation Terri Horman has been cooperative, and there have other times, in other investigations, she has not."

Actual quote for reference:

"During this investigation Terri Horman has been cooperative and there have been other times she has not. We cannot speak to specifics regarding this issue."

I think it means, she has cooperated but not been truthful, as far as we know.
Emma's scenario fits pretty well.... it's called evasion.
Guilty people will avoid answering leading questions, but give a nonsensical answer. Innocent people will be truthful, even if the truth might suggest they are lying.
When the answer she has given may contradict what LE thinks they know... she is not cooperating, even if in her mind, she is telling the truth.

I think it means, she has cooperated but not been truthful, as far as we know.
Emma's scenario fits pretty well.... it's called evasion.
Guilty people will avoid answering leading questions, but give a nonsensical answer. Innocent people will be truthful, even if the truth might suggest they are lying.
When the answer she has given may contradict what LE thinks they know... she is not cooperating, even if in her mind, she is telling the truth.

Then based on BBM, looking at the timeline Terri allegedly gave, I think she may well be innocent. :eek:

If she walked out on a lie detector, they may be counting that as not cooperative. LE can have a very high standard for what they consider cooperative, i.e. if they wanted her to take 5 tests and she would only take 4, for example, that would be not cooperating, to some.

If she walked out on a lie detector, they may be counting that as not cooperative. LE can have a very high standard for what they consider cooperative, i.e. if they wanted her to take 5 tests and she would only take 4, for example, that would be not cooperating, to some.

Except that LE says she's been cooperative, has from the very first presser, continuously, up through yesterday, and that includes the whole timeframe in which the polys would have taken place.

Except that LE says she's been cooperative, has from the very first presser, continuously, up through yesterday, and that includes the whole timeframe in which the polys would have taken place.

That's why I think the answer yesterday was so significant -- "thin edge of the wedge."

"Drew Peterson is cooperating with authorities."
http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/1563959,drew-peterson-timeline-050709.article

"According to reports, Scott Peterson has been going through his daybook, comparing notes, telling detectives where he has been. They say he has been cooperating."
http://www.kcra.com/news/1986518/detail.html

"Police say husband [of then missing Ryann Crow) Jesse Crow is cooperating." (He's now charged with her murder.)
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1002/16/ng.01.html

"Westerfield . . . was "overly cooperative" while they searched his house and motorhome, San Diego police Detective Johnny Keene said." (Convicted of murder of Danielle van Damm)
http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/danielle/20020611-9999_noon.html

"Gebar Byrd, Sr., has been cooperating with us. He's answered questions at every turn we've asked. Anything we've asked him to do he's done," Ransom said. (Now charged with murder of his still-missing son.)
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=200433

"She [Stacy Barker] is not in custody. She is cooperating with the
investigation," Nelson said. Barker is "not considered a suspect" at this
point, he said. [Emma Barker's body was located with no help from Stacy and Stacy Barker is now charged with her murder.]
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/mar/20/local/me-toddler-dead20

In court, there was a stunning answer from the Assistant State Attorney
when the judge asked him if [Dee Dee] Moore was being cooperative.
Assistant State Attorney Jay Pruner responds, "To the extent if cooperation involves giving a variety of explanations about how Mr. Shakespeare was killed including being killed by her 14-year-old son, her attorney, Mr. Shakespeare's cousin and drug dealer, or herself in self-defense; if that's cooperation your honor." (Dee Dee Moore is charged with the murder of Abraham Shakespeare.)
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/crime/020310dee-dee-moore-points-finger-at-own-son

Steadfast: Thank you for the quotes! I thought I remembered Scott Peterson "cooperating" too but that didn't mean he was innocent (which he wasn't) or that the police had no reason to watch his every move (which they did).

Yes, it was significant to me too that LE stated yet again that Terri is cooperating in this investigation. ;)

They didn't say "is cooperating", did they? As in right now? They said that she has been cooperative and other times she has been uncooperative.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back