10/31/2011 - People Mag - Kim Kardashian Filing for Divorce

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh Gee Rob will be so despondent he won't be able to put his best foot forward on Dancing with the Stars tonight.

Wonder if the entire K Klan will be in the audience? Wonder how Bruce Jenner how gone along with the Krazy K's? Oh money money money!

These people are over the top DISGUSTING! Especially the pimp momma Kris. The nerve of her to call herself a 'Kardashian' anyway..... Hey Bruce, grow a set.

JMO and all that jazz.

:banghead: Amazing how it's perfectly acceptable for a Kardashian to pull a 72-day publicity stunt, but loving and committed lesbian and gay couples aren't allowed to get married?!?! :furious:

What is wrong with this picture? :banghead:

Daily Mail, from a Wiki source list:
SHORTEST LIVED CELEBRITY MARRIAGES [even shorter than this debacle]
1. Britney Spears and Jason Alexander (55 hours)
It was a mere 55 hours before Britney Spears called time on her marriage to childhood friend Jason Alexander, after they impulsively wed in Las Vegas back in 2004. 'We were just looking at each other and said, "Let's do something wild, crazy. Let's go get married, just for the hell of it,' Alexander told Access Hollywood about their nuptials.
2. Dennis Hopper and Michelle Phillips (nine days)
The actor married Mamas and Papas singer Michelle Phillips in 1970. But their marriage only lasted eight days. Apparently, Hopper woke up so stoned the morning after their wedding that he didn't recognise his new bride.
3. Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra (nine days)
The Baywatch star and eccentric basketball player wed in Las Vegas back in November 1998. Just nine days later, Rodman filed for divorce, claiming he was of 'unsound mind' when the couple tried the knot.
4. Ali Landry and Mario Lopez (14 days)
The Extra host dated the model and actress for six years before tying the knot in April 2004. The couple split two weeks later amidst rumours of Lopez's infidelity. Lopez recently told Howard Stern: 'That was a situation where I was not mature and man enough.'
5. Drew Barrymore and Jeremy Thomas (19 days)
Drew Barrymore was just 19-years-old when she tied the knot with bar owner Jeremy Thomas back in 1994 after dating for just six weeks. 'We're trying to figure out (living arrangements) now,' she told People after the nuptials. 'Usually people live together first and then get married. I guess we're doing it the old-fashioned way. Kind of.'
6. Pamela Anderson and Rick Salomon (70 days)
The Baywatch star married film producer Salomon in October 2007, in the two and a half hour break between Anderson's magic show in Sin City before Anderson filed for divorce, citing 'irreconcilable differences.'
---
humongous article, with sidebars, court doc, tweets, beaucoups pictures and more, at DM link below:

'This was not an easy decision': Kim Kardashian files for divorce from Kris
Humphries after just 72 days of marriage (that's $250,000 earned every 24 hours)

:banghead: Amazing how it's perfectly acceptable for a Kardashian to pull a 72-day publicity stunt, but loving and committed lesbian and gay couples aren't allowed to get married?!?! :furious:

What is wrong with this picture? :banghead:

True dat - real people in real committed relationships. It's a shame that the likes of KK can make light of such a union :(

ridiculous!

I can kinda understand people who go to Vegas & then realize how stupid they were (after they sober up) ...

but this seems like such a waste of time, energy, resources, money

a publicity stunt (which this clearly was) should not make a mockery of marriage - which is supposed to be a sacred union between two people

did they register? did people give them gifts/money? did people book off work to be there? did people incur personal expenses, which maybe they couldn't really afford but b/c it was such a 'special' wedding, they dug into savings (like a new dress or even having to pay for a hotel room etc)?

since it was so obviously a sham wedding, I think the unhappy couple should have to return gifts/money and reimburse guests for any out-of-pocket expenses

perhaps the guests should sue - a class-action lawsuit - that'd be hilarious

ok, I just read they 'made' 18 million on the wedding!

so yeah, they can clearly afford to reimburse all expenses incurred by their guests - heck, I think they should've PAID their guests to be there ... or did they? hmm ...

ridiculous!

I can kinda understand people who go to Vegas & then realize how stupid they were (after they sober up) ...

but this seems like such a waste of time, energy, resources, money

a publicity stunt (which this clearly was) should not make a mockery of marriage - which is supposed to be a sacred union between two people

did they register? did people give them gifts/money? did people book off work to be there? did people incur personal expenses, which maybe they couldn't really afford but b/c it was such a 'special' wedding, they dug into savings (like a new dress or even having to pay for a hotel room etc)?

since it was so obviously a sham wedding, I think the unhappy couple should have to return gifts/money and reimburse guests for any out-of-pocket expenses

perhaps the guests should sue - a class-action lawsuit - that'd be hilarious

It's pathetic, isn't it? But I want to point out that marriage is only a sacred union if it is done in the context of a religious ceremony or sacrament. Otherwise (from a legal standpoint), it is merely a civil contract between two people who (supposedly) want to blend their lives together. Either way, characters like these certainly make a mockery of it. But hey, they are VIPs, they are the trendsetters, the famous, the rich. Little people like us should just mind our own business and let them tell us how we should want to live!

I don't watch their reality show and I could care less about any of the Kardashians -- but it's hard not to know who they are and what they are doing because they are media-*advertiser censored* and the media can't have enough of them! As far as this wedding goes, I feel that it was a scam. I hope all those people who follow this horrid family are angry about this sham marriage. The entire Kardashian family, especially Kim, should be ashamed of themselves... but they obviously have no shame.

In this economy, I would think examples of obscene wealth and excessive waste and vapidness, like the Kardashian family, would be unpopular. A three day wedding? 10 million? And already over.

These are entitled brats whose mother and step-father indulge their every whim, which is why they have no problem spending ten million on a wedding to someone they don't really love. All while the rest of us struggle to keep our homes, pay for medical care for our kids, etc.

Hmmm. Let them eat cake, indeed. Grotesque.

Are you me in a parallel reality lol? I totally agree and was about to post the same opinion. I find these programmes about ostentatious wealth are in appalling bad taste in the current economy.
Disgusting shallow people they are

I saw a headline on Yahoo! that Obama didn't care too much for the K's, but I didn't read the whole story, but I'm guessing this has something to do with stuff like this......:)

I don't watch the show, but I wonder what it is going to look like when they discuss this bombshell... I can't even image what family get together's would be like this year if I had just blown an obscene amount of money on a marriage that was over before it began.

I don't even know if I can really wrap my head around this whole thing... so much waste! Unbelievable, unbelievable!

Well, assuming the florists and caterers, etc. got paid, at least it might have been a temporary boost to the local economy...

To top it off, KK's wedding cake ended up in the bin! Can you imagine the number of people who could have enjoyed that? A homeless shelters dream!

"There it was, one of the highest-priced cakes at a wedding ever, removed from all its glory and discarded s just another piece of trash. I couldn't help but shake my head and laugh."

The chocolate and vanilla wedding cake was made by celebrity bakers Hansen's and was said to be worth up to US$20,000.

Oh - they didn't save the top tier. Guess they figured they wouldn't be needing it!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celebrities/5605305/Kim-Kardashian-bins-wedding-cake

Mel

Well, assuming the florists and caterers, etc. got paid, at least it might have been a temporary boost to the local economy...

Yabut, the local economy was L.A.-based, not Montecito; in fact, the wedding event was reportedly under investigation for violations. I had posted this before on the wedding thread, but I have no idea what the investigation has revealed or what was done about it:

Kim Kardashian’s Montecito wedding celebration prompts request for Santa Barbara County probe

IOW, the Kardashians brought their circus to this town.

As a local resident, I enjoyed this OpEd piece:

Martha’s Vineyard is not Montecito

(just saving the creds of my hometown, one URL at a time) <g>

ok, I just read they 'made' 18 million on the wedding!

so yeah, they can clearly afford to reimburse all expenses incurred by their guests - heck, I think they should've PAID their guests to be there ... or did they? hmm ...

I read the same thing last week. I posted a link below to an article that came closest to the one I read then. So the wedding cost $20 million and they made $18 million. All three dresses the bride wore were free from Vera Wang. The champagne was free. Apparently, they didn't pay one penny for this wedding. I don't know how reliable the Hindustan Times is where I got this article, and it does say "tabloid" at the top, but they seem to have the info pretty correctly broken down. At any rate, the whole thing is a joke!

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Kim-Kardashian-s-20-million-free-wedding/Article1-736063.aspx

Watching HLN tonight, for some reason (bored)...

I now have even more clarity on the story as publicized, as well as more disdain than ever for this Kardashian machine.

Look at all the attention this divorce news has brought...plus Kris has a new book, and dares to introduce her take on the murder of her supposed friend, Nicole (all wrong), yada yada.

Pfooey!

These ppl disgust me beyond words!

Past my bedtime now, and way past time for our country to wake-up to this baloney, sham, whatever words you might want to call it. (I'm keeping my descriptive words untyped, cuz I like being a Registered Member here.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unsloved387
Back