DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or PIGTAILS?!

images

Yep ... BAD SEED !

:seeya:

When JA holds her hands up or pushes back her hair I think "hands of a killer".

????? I was not watching...what happened??

Not sure, they were going over the questions with speaker off, ten speaker on and all I saw was batman's cape and heard judge say court will see Defense in chambers???????

The court will see defense counsel in chambers... Hmmm ???
hi everyone - i am new to this wonderful forum and happy to be with all of you :)

the chamber 'meeting' has to do with defense objecting question #62 due to 'attorney privilege'

oh lets get started.....:D

I don't think the jury's there. Yesterday they were told to show up around 1:00. (They were told specifically, it was sometime around 1:00.)

March 6, 2013

Jury questions for Jodi Arias

Lots of empty seats in the gallery

Both sides stating their objections, questions are not read but referred to by number. We'll hear the questions later.

#60, Nurmi objects, sustained
#75, Nurmi objects, sustained, not an applicable question
#90, Nurmi objects, sustained
No further objections
Nurmi, #50, as to the relevance, Martinez believes the question to be relevant, has to do with financial issues and a surgical procedure. sustained on relevance
Nurmi #55, sounds like there is two parts, re: part 2...Nurmi asks to approach. Sidebar. Overruled. Court will ask both questions.
Nurmi #61, foundation, question isn't specific enough. Overruled. Judge: You can inquire about more foundation when you do followup. It's clear to me that the reference is to the 2008 trip. Approach. Sidebar. Overruled.
Nurmi #89, <my feed stalled, didn't catch Nurmi's comments> Martinez, feels it is appropriate given the evidence that was introduced. Sustained for relevance.
Nurmi #62, answer delves into attorney/client priveledged information, approach. Sidebar.
Nurmi #69, four questions, approach, sidebar. Fourth question, overruled.
Nurmi #97, sidebar, objection is overruled.
Nurmi #74, objectional part is part 2 of the question. Long sidebar. Overruled. Lawyers remain at the bench...more discussion.
Lawyers remain at the bench and the only audio is when the judge decides if the question will be heard or not.
Nurmi #111, overruled
Nurmi #109, second question, sustained
Missed what the question number was as the audio was cutting in and out as they remained at a sidebar.
Nurmi #62...judge will meet with counsel.
Done.
Judge says she will meet with defence counsel in chambers.

and now I work in-house from home so I have three computers going. I actually am getting a lot of work done during this trial-anything to distract me from the voice of Jodi and Nurmi for days on end. I thought corporate trials were dull. Nothing more boring than a pathological liar droning in for days no matter what the subject.

You're living the dream! I keep glancing at the clock, having mini panic attacks about a motion I have to write, and then going back to Websleuths.....that .1 be darned!

After their little 'finger draping' demo they should probably return her chair to its normal height, too.[/QUOTE

]One of the evening shows said, I think it was Jean, that she saw Arias lower her chair herself just before court started. She said it went WAY down.
What a looser.

Maybe the jury gets up to 100 questions - and can replace ones that were thrown out, those questions still keep their number. They must have a fair share of backup /alternate questions too.

I tuned in pretty late-Is the jury present in the courtroom for this procedure ( stricken questions)? TIA

I think the judge will not let JA ramble- we will soon see. This should be very interesting.

No the jury is not in the courtroom.

Both sides must have gone back into chambers. I heard what you guys heard too but she cannot have only one side in chambers alone. That's ex parte communication and it's forbidden in such a scenario as this.

She can have ex parte communications to determine whether a matter is privileged. In fact there have been several ex parte pre-trial hearings where the prosecution was required to leave.

Screw the bank I need to get over rhere - if I bounce a check I blame it on Jodi arias

Both sides must have gone back into chambers. I heard what you guys heard too but she cannot have only one side in chambers alone. That's ex parte communication and it's forbidden in such a scenario as this.

Seemed odd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members