100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ctmom may be onto something. That photo of him being dragged could have been taken by Travis himself. This juror question asking if Travis may have moved the camera stumped her.

Um, what if he grabbed the camera after she had him down, he took this and the next one of the ceiling in the hall. Before he got too weak to do it.

He may have taken his last death photos, you are right, in an effort to be able to show someone he was being killed by her

I also think he was the one who hit the timer button, too. It all adds up.

The 5:32:16 photo could have been taken by Travis holding the camera in his left hand, arm wrapped around her legs, he would get the shot he got. Especially because the detectives said the shot was upside down.

Upside down might be how he was able to shoot with the left hand.

Impossible. It's clear to me that he was deader than a door nail at the time of that photo. Note the limp foot. It's lifeless. The type of foot position you would expect from the recently deceased. She had already finished him off in that photo.

Yeah, they doubt HER!

Jodi would do much better if she just answered 'yes or no' instead of ad libing. That is what gets her into more trouble and the jury is not satisfied with her answers so they are asking more questions.

But the good thing about this it will cut way down on deliberation time. I expect a pretty fast verdict for a DP case. In fact it wouldnt surprise me when they first go in they will go ahead and sign the verdict forms finding her guilty of 1st degree but will chat some about the case so they can stretch out the deliberation time.

IMO

Guys of WS please tell me everything is going to be ok and Travis's family will get justice!

I hate getting so emotionally involved in a case then have the rug pulled out from under me. (aka Casey Anothy Case)

Not sure I can handle another case like that again
The Anthony case is an anomaly. Acquittals are actually extremely rare once a defendant is charged with a crime. Casey Anthony is ONE example compared to dozens of mothers who killed their children and were convicted of it.

(With special props to my Mom who lent me her copy of 'Small Sacrifices' when I was all of 11. I lost her 7 years ago today - she was an avid true crime aficionado. :heart: I remember her literally jumping up and down at Scott Peterson's conviction and, no matter who the defendant was, her emphatic proclamation they were always guiltier than sin. 'Guilty, guilty, guilty!' She would have so loved you all and this forum.)

Why would anyone believe that Jody had injuries to her feet and ankles? The girl lies!

And it doesn't even make sense. Why would she have injuries on her ankles? Travis was attacking her ankles? He was down on the ground attacking her? Makes no sense.

ctmom may be onto something. That photo of him being dragged could have been taken by Travis himself.

How so? It is taken from his back, with Jodi's pant leg and foot visible in between his body and the camera. Possibly after his throat had been slit from ear to ear. The timer button wouldn't come into play there--the choice is only 10 seconds or 2 seconds--and the continuous shoot function on that camera should have taken more photos closer together. See the review on the Sony DSC-H9. http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonyh9

i am an artist, self-taught ... and i will say this about j.a's "art" - it is soulless. to me, there is a lack of creativity, vision, exploration... when i first saw her art, the word that popped into my head was "mediocre." and i wouldn't shy away from praising her art if i felt it deserved it.

she has some talent, she can draw. but there is no way it is worthy of hanging on a wall next to a Monet or a Van Gogh...

it is my opinion that j.a brought up this art gallery as a way to self promote (she knows her art is being sold on eBay, so that may have been a factor in mentioning it, too).. the jurors don't have any idea what her artwork looks like, so if they're told that her friend John Dickson thought it was good enough* to hang along side Monet and Van Gogh, then they might think she is really talented.. amazing, even... it's deceptive to me, especially since we all know better..

*sight-unseen presumably, since she said she mentioned that she painted and JD suggested they try to get her art into his friends gallery...

i hope this isn't coming across as me being 'catty' because i consider myself an artist as well.. i have had my art on gallery walls but i would never try to imply i was anywhere near the same level of talent as Vincent Van Gogh or Claude Monet.

.... aaaand, i am sure by the time i post this, the topic will have changed :blushing:

"Soulless" and "mediocre" are very apropos. The first word that popped into my head when I first saw her art was "flat". (I'm an artist too :seeya:)

I personally think - they will come to a decision very quickly, but wait a bit before they ring it in. To make it seem like they took longer to think about it.

MOO

It'll be a nerve-wracking day for this board! :please:

There are usually a few steps they have to go through first. One they have to pick a foreman and the foreman will usually decide on what to do in terms of discussing it first or to try voting the first time around. I think they will discuss it first to make sure there are no mistakes. Maybe a juror might have a question which would go back out to the judge and they have to wait until everyone comes back into the courtroom to present the question. So you are right it will take awhile even if they all agree the State proved it's case. jmo

It was all about HER.....the Jury was asking HER questions.....SHE was important!

:doh:

She has an answer for EVERY SINGLE QUESTION.

This is how the jury will realize she is totally lying. Normal people would say "I dont know" or "I dont remember" for a lot of the questions from 4 years ago.

I asked my husband to listen to the questions with me and offer his opinion because I'm too emotionally invested in the outcome. Anyway, after a while he said, 'Wow, they hate her guts.'

Don't know if they do, but I hope so.

Are the questions over? I wish someone had asked her if the reason her parents beat her was because she was always lying.

"Soulless" and "mediocre" are very apropos. The first word that popped into my head when I first saw her art was "flat". (I'm an artist too :seeya:)

Do you mean "flat" as in flat as a license plate on the ground? Or do you mean "flat" as a license plate leaning up against a curb?

I don't see them being comfortable with her testifying in a murder trial as a spokesman for Mormon doctrine. The Mormon church is usually very careful about their image. They must be horrified in Salt Lake.

I wish that she would stop making it her mission to explain the Mormom church and it's policies. Haven't they excommunicated her?

My first thought when I heard the "Could Travis have moved the camera" question was, "Oh, please send this juror back to Pinellas County where he came from."

Now the WS discussion makes me wonder if this juror was actually contemplating whether or not TA could have taken the photos during the attack in an effort to leave evidence. :what:

Maybe that's why JA went out of her way to delete the pictures. . .she was aware of TA trying to snap them while she was killing him.

Gosh, I don't know. I don't think so because there is no way he could have taken the one of her foot while she is dragging him.

I think she TRACED a lot of the artwork. There was one of a famous person that was exactly like a picture I saw before.

I think she traced a lot of the artwork from other paintings or photos and just colored them in.

COLOR BY NUMBERS she is. :floorlaugh:

About the gas cans...I have to say my first thought re: the third can was she was planning on starting a fire at some point, maybe Travis' house. Other than something like that, why would she purchase the third can and then insist she returned it?

just one of the highlights...I agree with you donadenese.

her demeanor....answering questions cheerfully, as if she were out having lunch with the girls (correction, the BOYS, as I dont believe she has a group of GF's)....

I have to say it again, so casually she used the words THE KILLING when answering one of the questions....no emotion...its just: THE KILLING.....reminded me to the tee of Dennis Rader, the serial killer.....

the magical gas can capacity....SHE COULDNT ANSWER THE QUESTION....too complex....

she probably didnt have much time to rehearse her answers with her 'team'....

I have a little personal confession to make about this case.

I'm extremely attached to this case, much like I was to the Caylee Anthony case because I can relate to them both due to my own personal circumstances.

I grew up and was raised in Riverside County. Not in the city of Riverside, but the same county. I lived in that county for most of my life before I moved in with my husband. We now live in Orange County.

I was also born to two drug addicted parents. There I said it (so many years later it's still hard to say). I was also raised by my grandparents due to my parents struggles. I was shuffled back and forth twice, once because the state had removed me from my mother and step-fathers home back to my grandparents where I remained for the duration of my childhood. Normally when people ask about my background I simply say that my parents had responsibility issues. And due to their drug use that was certainly true but not the full story.

I saw and dealt with things as a child that children should not. It is for that reason I believe that like me, Travis was far more mature than he appeared. In our situation you have to deal with very adult situations and circumstances at a very young age. For a child growing up its hard to understand how drugs can be more important than your own children. Travis was only immature in dealing with romantic relationships due to his inexperience. But I fully believe he had an abundance of maturity due to his upbringing.

Since Travis had a past much like my own I'm enraged that Jodi took from him what children who come from pasts such as our own work so hard to accomplish. We do everything in our power to change the cycle. To be better than what we came from.

Travis could have been something. And Jodi took from him the chance to work towards the goal that I'm sure he was always working to attain, as I myself do on a daily basis. To rise above the beginnings we were given. God hands cards and circumstances that, at times, are completely out of your control. You can either fold or play the hand you are dealt with dignity and resolve to play the game no matter what.

I hope that wherever Travis is that he knows he played the hand well and with great dignity regardless of some of his failings. I hope he knows he attained his ultimate goal.

Thanks so much for sharing, and I'm sorry for what you went through. You are so eloquent in you express the way survivors have to cope and work hard to strive to overcome the past and move forward positively.

I'm a childhood abuse survivor and missed having a real childhood, I have to work every day to trust and have confidence and live without the past and move forward. It has enraged me what she she did to Travis by torturing him in life and while killing him .and even now butchering his reputation. He was so obviously a good guy with an immense inner strength who had a bright future.

I cannot forgive her the pedo attacks on him. She hasn't got a clue what real abuse is or how low she has gone with this. She has no soul imo

I am hopeful that so many people are hopeful by the juror's questions.

For me it makes me sick with fear that this sociopath may be successful in manipulating the juror's thoughts & conclusions. Yes, she is a horrible liar; all I have to do is come to the conclusion a 7 year old might come to when lying to realize where she will go (ie: Where is she going to say the gun came from? What is she going to say about the stabbing? Etc.). Still, I am anxious & sickened to see her assured demeanor when answering these questions today.

I grew up with a sociopath. She is my 1st Cousin, peer, and we were raised together closely. It has taken most of my life to understand what she has done to me, and what she did to my family. She was "diagnosed" as a teenager or young 20's, but I was only told at that time, by my Mother, that the Dr(s?). had stated to her parents that she should never ever have children (she has 4 now). It only became clear to me that she is a sociopath when my Cousin did what she did to my family… then that specific info was backed up by family knowledge of her then "diagnosis".

She "loved me", I was her "best friend", she also hated me and was so jealous of my relationships with my family (even my own Mother), and me in general, that she would do anything to destroy me… Anything short of physical violence. the things that she did are still astounding to me and angering.

The damage is still built into every bit of my personal knowledge I have about myself. I lack the clarity that someone like BritsKate has in her experience with a dangerous peson. It is a muddied water that is attached to a very base fear and knowledge of the path of destruction these people are capable of creating with lies and manipulation.

I know this is not a 'good' post. I can't write well when I'm "scrambled". Lol… Ugh...

I just WANT THAT JURY TO UNDERSTAND what a sociopath is. I want them to understand what an inspired demon this JA is.

I am terrified when the questions imply they are exploring her story as if were real.

And it doesn't even make sense. Why would she have injuries on her ankles? Travis was attacking her ankles? He was down on the ground attacking her? Makes no sense.

I believe it. He was grabbing at her ankles in self-defense while she was standing over him and stabbing him in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro