100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lie about the 3rd gas can seems so pointless. It's not like 3 gas cans makes her look more guilty than 2. She must be hiding something else about it.

The lie about the 3rd gas can seems so pointless. It's not like 3 gas cans makes her look more guilty than 2. She must be hiding something else about it.

With the third gas can, she wouldn't have had to stop anywhere in Arizona, thus no trace at all that she was in that state. HUGE premeditation!

I'm curious, do you remember when you saw this come over her? You called it 'the moment she realized it was done'.. do you recall when you saw this change in her facial expression? If you're able to recall any specific point in the tapes of testimony, I'd be interested in seeing what you described. I have a friend who adopted 2 children from Russia and I believe one of them has most if not all of the traits you describe. Thanks so much for sharing!!

I think anybody would come crashing down after going through what she has in the past days...200 + questions and little big man's discourse is enough to put you into the twilight zone. This is a human not a robot.

I agree in that I think JA will claim (if asked) that she bought $20 worth of junk food or IDK knock off cinnabons or something.. BUT I do find the math to be quite damning that the amount spent vs the price of gas that night would have been 5.09 gallons.. .09 gallons = 1.44 cups... Not very much extra, IMO! I honestly have no experience with gas cans, so I don't personally know much about extra wiggle room in filling.
Per some tractor website talking about 5 gallon gas cans, you can fit extra in them and one person reference leaving them out in the sun/warming them up makes them bow out to fit more. I am sure with the heat of Arizona in June, the car could have gotten hot enough to make the cans bow out? IDK, just some ideas. Another person mentioned that any slight misreadings at the pump when filling up could be due to calibration issues on the pump. Just things to think about!
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/oil-fuel-lubricants/242363-five-gallon-can-huh-2.html
:waitasec:

Also to note, all her talk of not wanting to over fill causing highly flammable
liquid to spill out. I found her repeating this as hinky. It's more likely that it did happen and that's why she keeps repeating it. As if it's an after thought that she shouldn't have let it happen, IDK that's what I got out of it.

I've posted this before but I sleuthed knives aimed toward selling to females for "protection" and they are frightening to say the least. One called "Mean *advertiser censored*" has a handle like a gun (for a firm grip) and a blade that pops out and it would put the fear of God in any person who came up against the wielder. There are lots and lots more. I'm willing to bet she had bought one similar to some of these. They are deadly weapons for sure. MOO

I think anybody would come crashing down after going through what she has in the past days...200 + questions and little big man's discourse is enough to put you into the twilight zone. This is a human not a robot.

She hasn't crashed down far enough for me. I wouldn't call her human; I'd call her a monster.

ONe of the numbers from the reciepts is SKU 007 050 157 285. I have scoured the walmart website but found nothing of interest

Hello all!

I have so much to read here today.

I had a dream about JM last night! I remember 2 images. One is I'm on the stand as a witness for the state. Another is I'm in some room with some people bothering me (I think members of al Qaeda (!) and JM comes into the room to help me. lol.

Anyway yesterday was such a fantastic day. I'm watching JM over and over again. It was the bombshell of bombshells and what perfect timing? After the jurors asked why they should believe her now. I can't wait for Wednesday for more!

I've posted this before but I sleuthed knives aimed toward selling to females for "protection" and they are frightening to say the least. One called "Mean *advertiser censored*" has a handle like a gun (for a firm grip) and a blade that pops out and it would put the fear of God in any person who came up against the wielder. There are lots and lots more. I'm willing to bet she had bought one similar to some of these. They are deadly weapons for sure. MOO

I think she used a common steak knife or similar. If she had bought a knife/weapon, JM would have found out about it. She probably took a knife from her grandparents house just like she did the gun.

Also to note, all her talk of not wanting to over fill causing highly flammable
liquid to spill out. I found her repeating this as hinky. It's more likely that it did happen and that's why she keeps repeating it. As if it's an after thought that she shouldn't have let it happen, IDK that's what I got out of it.

At 60 degrees a gallon of gas occupies 231 cubic inches.
at 90 degrees a gallon og gas occupies 236 cubic inches
so in a 5 gallon tank with a 30 degree temperature swing the volume of gas could have 25 cubic inch volume swing

Hello all!

I have so much to read here today.

I had a dream about JM last night! I remember 2 images. One is I'm on the stand as a witness for the state. Another is I'm in some room with some people bothering me (I think members of al Qaeda (!) and JM comes into the room to help me. lol.

Anyway yesterday was such a fantastic day. I'm watching JM over and over again. It was the bombshell of bombshell and what perfect timing? After the jurors asked why they should believe her now. I can't wait for Wednesday for more!

LOL! al Qaeda!

I've had some weird dreams throughout this trial, about this trial, and I sware, this moning I woke up with the word "edify" on my mind!! So I was dreaming about something!

I am very suprised the crime scene people do not have more information to go on as far as the knife used. There is a huge difference between a steak knife and a straight razor.

So, we could probably figure out where she stopped beyond Mesa to wash off her bloody hands and dispel the FOG by seeing how many miles she can go from Pasadena to Mesa and beyond on a tank of gas.

She would have stopped to fill her tank from the gas cans at some point.

If that's where she threw the gun into the desert, we technically could have a shot at finding it by doing the math.

IMO

:seeya:

Morning all

No idea what I will do for five days now with no JM but the only good thing i guess is I can have an early night.

Im still on a high from yesterday, in surprised the court didnt given him a standing ovation. I wad sitting clapping like a seal :floorlaugh:

I cant wait to see where he goes with the matt thing he always seems to be leaving little crumbs and then just quickly moving on

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I picked this up from the State vs Jodi Arias Facebook page.

Biology of the Defense. Nurmi tried several times to remove himself from defending Arias coz he went in to private practice.

"On 4/4/2011 Mr. Nurmi stated his objection to remaining on the case during a status hearing as he has left the Public Defender Office to go into private practice. The Court found that Mr. Nurmi has an ethical obligation to continue representing the defendant but would begin receiving a reasonable hourly rate of $225.00 as compensation to avoid any financial interests that would place Mr. Nurmi in conflict with his client."

Also, I forgot, Arias wanted to represent herself. LOL!

http://www./show/l8bs75

I thought it was interesting, so thought I'd pass it on.

Around here if a cashier sees you with a blue can near the gas pump, they will stop you fast. #1 white kero is a separate pump, not far from the others usually. The nozzles are the same but you pump it same as gas. I noticed the receipt mentioned Kero but maybe that is the name of the brand? Stupid idea if it is.I am referring to the WM receipt, not the gas receipts.

Sorry, i'm far behind on the threads so disregard if it's already been posted.

Perhaps she did in fact take back the Kerosene can, and exchanged it for a Gas can!

She may have returned it after being told at the gas station she couldn't fill that type up!

On direct examination, she originally said she brought the gas cans to buy cheap gas out of state and "save money." However, she filled the cans in CA and bought yet another can at Walmart (which she claimed she returned). On cross, these things were pointed out and she completely changed her reason for using the gas cans in the first place (now she was fearful of running out of gas in the desert). The prosectution is pointing out perjury.
:rocker:

I think JM is trying to PROVE/CATCH her in an obvious lie, to prove to the jury that she has NOT been telling the truth while on the stand, like she took an oath to do. So if she's lying about the cans, she is lying about her entire story. That's what I gather anyway.

I am very suprised the crime scene people do not have more information to go on as far as the knife used. There is a huge difference between a steak knife and a straight razor.

And between steak knives. The steak knives I have in my kitchen block would do it (although probably too narrow), a cheaper, thinner steak knife like you could steal from Sizzler would bend when it struck bone.

Those who think Arias used a straight razor (that's the kind with the long hinged handle and finger tab, the kind you unscrew and put double edged blades in is a safety razor) have apparently never used one. The way one holds a straight razor means not a lot of pressure can be applied. It's designed that way so someone shaving or doing the shaving has less chance of cutting into flesh. Once bloody it would be almost impossible to hold.

Also, are we to think she switched from a stabbing knife to the straight razor during the attack? Sure.

Thing is, practically any knife with a six inch blade and a rigid back, from a kitchen knife to a KA-BAR to some cheap evil-looking novelty knife would be more than up to the task of doing the stabbing and throat cutting. That Arias had an injury to her smaller finger on her dominant hand that is typical of her hand slipping down onto the blade suggests she used a knife with little or no hand guard, which would mean more of a kitchen knife than a tactical knife.

Her parents owned restaurants. You think the family has enough kitchen knives kicking around that one or two wouldn't be missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker