100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the kids I work with, there is a high need for control, no empathy, no conscience. It is a sliding scale - some have serious issues, some are more mild. The nonsense lying is constant. It is a sign that they feel the need to control - like their life literally depends on it. For days, I have seen her have the flat affect and the blank eyes. Sometimes, when she says "I don't remember," I almost see her as dissociating. It is odd. You think about how many times she has said "I don't know" about her own reasons and her own feelings. Often, with my kids, that is the way it is. They literally cannot connect to their feelings enough to know why they did what they did. So much of it is truly reactive. That does not mean there is not planning. They are highly susceptible to tremendous rage and anger at the feeling of abandonment or loss of control - even perceived abandonment or loss of control. They have a very fake exterior. I call it the "china doll." It is the smiley, happy, totally in control face you see when she does all the interviews. It is so skilled it is uncanny. It is totally a survival mechanism that they have learned very early on. Out of all kids, these kids are the most socially adept and good at being believed. Even when flat out lying.

But, today has been different. I have to say it has hit me very hard personally. I got into this field because I adopted a child who has had extreme attachment issues. Due to years of helping my child, I have come to see first hand how hard it is to raise a child with these traits of no empathy and no conscience. Like someone posted the other day, you go round and round with the lies - the endless nonsense lies - even the control on little things like the mayonnaise and mustard. The blank eyes and china doll face. You always hope you can make a difference but daily you face issues like JM has on the stand. But, then there is a point. If you can hang in there and be lovingly therapeutic and outlast the chaos, there is a point that you can get to with these children that the total look of all their bottled up shame comes up. They let down their guard for a few moments and you can see the darkness, anger, rage, and pain they carry. Almost a look of defeat.

I saw that look in Jodi today and, for me as a mom, it was the weirdest feeling. I honestly felt love. I recognized that look as the point on the children I work with when they give up the baloney and know they cannot continue - that the act and fake stuff isn't working. At that point, I know as a mom I can help. Of course, in our home and many others, it is little things like mayonnaise or mustard or lying about who hurt the family dog, not murder. But, at the end of the day, all of my families are working to help our kids get conscience and empathy so that things like this don't happen.

Thanks for letting me share. I hope this is understood the way it was intended. If not, let me clear it up before you jump on me - grin!

Snipped a little for space. My mom feels similar to you. She is angel sent straight from heaven and keeps telling me she feels pity for the child Jodi once was.

It's hard for me to be objective about her as a human. What she has done to Travis and his family is too much for me. But I totally get that these types are stuck emotionally at a young age. casey Anthony's new attorney was referring to that recently saying she has been unable to mature and acts stunted.

As I have pointed out previously, the mysterious 3rd charge to Tosoro in SLC for $20 does NOT mean she purchased gasoline. Tosoro is like a 7-11 - where snacks, drinks, and convenient articles can also be purchased.
I assume JA will claim she bought food at Tosoro for around $20.

According to some, Tesoro is closed and only sells gas at the time Jodi went there.

You can't legally put gas in a kerosene can. Gas can is red, kero can is blue....tell me where I'm going with this....a gas can and kero can are two different things. Did she buy clear kero to burn evidence?

It's not "legal" but I have seen people doing this before. With most attendants inside at gas stations, most don't care and you can fill the can with the pump regardless of the distinction.

Please say it isn't so
I don't have enough Ativan to carry me thru a nurmi crawl.

Nurmi "so.. ummm.. when you ordered a strawberry frap from starbucks and they wrote your name incorrectly on the cup..umm...how did that make you feeeel? Disrespected, right Jodi? Right? Right?"

Jodi "well, no...."

Nurmi "objection! Beyond her scope!"

Please bring enough Ativan for the whole class!

But if she'd used a serrated knife, you would be able to tell. He has stab wounds and lacerations. It would make a messier wound. His were too straight.

When she said she put the knife in the dishwasher, she was trying to prove states statement that there was no knife missing from the house, therefore she couldnt have brought it with her.

I agree she used a carving knife or something simular IMO. It would have to have been razor sharp and I dont know anyone else but un;ess they are new my household knives are not sharp enough to inflict such wounds. I believe she may have purchased it on the way there.

I don't understand how she got Travis into the shower after all the stabbing. the way he's in there, he had to go under his own steam or be picked up and placed in the shower. There's not enough room to drag him there.

One of our members recruited her hubby to recreate the dragging. He's taller than Travis but weighs the same.

She said it wasn't that hard to drag him, but the hardest part was getting him into the shower. She had to get in the shower first, then pull him up over the lip.

Here's her post:

megmono said:
i just drug my husband down the hall. no sheet. not that hard. hes about five inches taller than travis but they weigh the same. it explains to me the stuffed in the shower part. that was the hardest part. i had to get in the shower to pull him inside over the lip of the tub. that was the only way

Thanks to megmono and her cooperative hubby!! :)

One of our members recruited her hubby to recreate the dragging. He's taller than Travis but weighs the same.

She said it wasn't that hard to drag him, but the hardest part was getting him into the shower. She had to get in the shower first, then pull him up over the lip.

Here's her post:

Thanks to megmono and her cooperative hubby!! :)

Wow very cooperative hubby....noy sure mine would have been so willing. INteresting though to say the least. I have always wondered about the shower thing.

I don't mean to be crude, but dead weight is much harder to move (push/pull). There are no 'handles'.

Rewatching Juan's follow-up from yesterday (which I will probably do 100 times over the break because I enjoyed it so much...lol). Paying closer attention to the defense team and still don't understand why Nurmi continues to place his finger basically in his nose. I wonder if he even realizes he's doing it.

I don't mean to be crude, but dead weight is much harder to move (push/pull). There are no 'handles'.

When you have a crazy jealous stalker who was not going to be ignored shooting, stabbing and slicing a man's head almost off who has a goal for the day to make sure all of her DNA is washed off of the man she just murdered, I think she had more than enough adrenaline to get him back to the shower.

The tile would have been as slick as an ice rink with all of that blood on it.

IMO shoving him back into the shower was the easy part of her goal that day.

Seriously if I hear numi say "annnnnnnddddd" one more time I am gonna crack

If she used Travis' gun and knife there would be no reason to remove them from the scene, just wipe off the prints and the blood from her wounds. I think she brought the knife to the bathroom, and the reason I say this is she has mentioned the bath mat way too many times. I think she hid the knife under the mat until she was ready to use it. Two reasons for her to force him to sit down in the shower were to make it harder for him to get back up to defend himself, and, to put her closer to the bath mat where the knofe was without taking her eyes off of him. Drop camera, grab knife, slaughter Travis before he could get back up. :twocents:

Good thinking on this! I am also positive that she brought both the gun and the knife with her for the reasons you noted. Also, when she was arrested, we heard that she had knives and a gun (her new gun) hidden in the car. This monster knew what she was doing!

Wow very cooperative hubby....noy sure mine would have been so willing. INteresting though to say the least. I have always wondered about the shower thing.

On a tile floor, naked, wet body...lots of blood, and she added water as well - piece of cake. Remember that Ryan Burns said that she was very strong for her size? I see absolutely no problem with the scenario of her dragging him.

If Nurmi does have "one more shot with Jodi".... I hope it's with a 25 calibre......:what:

On a tile floor, naked, wet body...lots of blood, and she added water as well - piece of cake. Remember that Ryan Burns said that she was very strong for her size? I see absolutely no problem with the scenario of her dragging him.

with the added water and blood i can see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote