100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since nobody volunteered to be on the investigating commitee, that points the finger, no pun intended, at me so on we go.
I hope it is a woman at exchange because I can really turn on the charm and maybe see if there is a glitch in the system. I might even wear my speedos.

If you decide against the Speedos, we want video of the transaction. :rocker::rocker:

In Retail Loss Prevention (store monetary loss) is due to Employee theft primarily, customer shoplifting 2nd. So employee's are watched like hawks, purses checked in general on the way in and on the way out. Shortly after I was done working at May Co they instituted a policy, women's purses had to be transparent? clear plastic. We had an employee entrance and exit, we could not use the stores main doors. This was not to make us feel special lol... this was to keep as much control of what we brought in and out of the store. It is possible we were not allowed to shop during our work day also (at our store)

the rules are strict, and endless. The big pillars in the stores with mirrors that we often adjust our bra straps in front of? There is a security person sitting in there at their post watching shoppers and employees. (most the time) A small ladder is in there, they climb down and sit and watch. (so don't pick your nose)

It does show premeditation. It shows that she wants to have enough gas to not have to stop in AZ for gas. No receipts. She bought that can to make sure of that. She was not sure Ryans gas cans were enough. Her stocking up on gas completely goes toward premeditation.

ITA Scarlett. HUGE mistake by the defence. In this day and age, murders are solved with forensics and paper trails (electronic or otherwise). They have suffered a double whammy here - premeditation of the drive to Arizona, and another lie to the jury. The jurors really need no further proof of this 3rd gas can, IMO. Their question alone proved their suspicion of her version.

Defence should have spent less time perusing her journals and electronic conversations for sex, and spent more time on checking her stories.

I'm confident that Juan has all his ducks in a row, should further proof be required. AND, there's a heck of a lot more of these bombshells to come!

Re: JA purchased 9mm gun

Has it ever been disclosed where and date when JA purchased (presumably after the murder) the 9mm escape gun? Details? TIA
I am very curious about this too. We know so very little about it. I wonder why it isn't a bigger issue in the trial thus far. All I know is that it was found hidden well in a rental car in San Francisco. What rental car and when was it found? Why did she leave it in the car? The only other mention of it I recall is that she states she bought it to take camping because she felt uneasy about the group of men she was going with. That was a very odd disclosure..
Anything else known?

The third gas can has nothing to do with showing premeditation. That is not Juan's objective at the moment.

What it shows is the ease in which Jodi lies. That's all.
This Walmart purchase/return and her injured finger have nothing to do with killing Travis. These points are being brought out to show how it's almost second-nature for Jodi to lie about the most insignificant things.

Therefore....if she lies about these tiny areas of interest (that bear no benefit either way) then why should a Juror trust her in the bigger issues like.....murdering Travis?

It's Psyche-101 at its finest!!!

BBM - I agree, however, I think it points to premeditation AS WELL!

-Why would ANYONE need 3 gas gas?
-So they have gas if they run out. yes? but THREE of them?

Its like why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side... pretty simple.

-If the route she was taking has gas stations, why the need for (again) overkill on the gas cans?
-Cause she wanted to get through AZ without stopping for gas AT ALL.

I dont believe it when she says she stopped at Buckeye in AZ for gas. There's no way she would have. She's got damn near 15 gallons in her trunk and even if she only had the 2 she claims to have had, she STILL wouldnt have needed to stop.

I have no doubt in my mind that this is premeditated murder. She stole the gun, rented a car in another city, went south through CA instead of east to UT (who would go hundreds of miles out of the way like that?), died her hair, talked to Travis BEFORE she got all this gas, borrowed 2 gas cans, bought a third, took off front plates and flipped rear plates of the car. Turned off her phone in AZ, turned it back on when she left AZ, and then text and called and emailed her victim hours and days afterwards? She planned this. She said yesterday that she couldnt say or not if she would have eventually told the truth about Travis, had she not been arrested.

HELLO to the NO she wouldnt have told the truth. She wouldnt have said a word. Had it not been for the pictures on the camera and her palm print on the wall, she MIGHT have gotten away with it.

"I have love for all people" Really Jodi? We are not drinking your kool-aid. You are not fooling me and you are NOT fooling the 18 people sitting to your right in the courtroom. They have your number Jodi, they know you're story, and it will end all soon enough.

I still feel like I should have done more. I felt so helpless. She was surrounded with what looked like a rough crowd and I wanted to say more - to get through to her, but I backed off. The thought of what that poor baby is going through bothers me to this day. I just hope he or she is okay.

You never know what happened after you left. MAYBE she thought about what she was doing and stopped. Sometimes people don't want to be "made a fool of" in front of others, so they keep doing what they're doing, but after THAT....they stop. Especially if some of her other friends were saying stuff.

Hopefully she stopped. It's just so terribly sad when people do that. Those kids don't ask for it, and have no ability to stop the abuse (which is what it is).

They really do. Loss prevention is no joke, store managers have cameras right over your shoulder during your shift. There is a register report daily to show items sold, returns, cash in, cash out. They keep digital records of your receipts. Loss prevention comes in and watches hours and hours of transactions. That's how most dishonest people are caught. Each day there is a log report with your name and all of you cashiering. Even if it seems the policy is friendly and relaxed its really not, you don't just walk in with an item return it and there is no record of it in the system. Items are scanned by barcode for inventory purposes, you must sign acknowledging you received your refund. That goes back into the register. When you come up with $12 missing, no record of return, you are written up and must sign your write up. basically walmart is about their $$$ whether it be $12 gas can or $100. They're about their money first!

Everything you've mentioned is correct in my experience. I worked at a retail chain (Zellers) when I was in high school. If our register til was off by as little as $5 we had to sign a printed out sheet that kept track of that sort of thing.

It was actually amusing to see the number of new cashiers who thought they were smart and could scam the system and/or "sweet heart" by giving friends/family items improperly discounted or stealing 'points' that were supposed to go on a customer's point card.

The biggest GOTCHA about the gas cans is not only the 3rd...BUT why is she refilling? She USED them...She never filled where she said after the original fuel up AND used them on the way to/out of AZ to avoid detection. It proves the PREMEDITATION!

23340250.jpg

In Retail Loss Prevention (store monetary loss) is due to Employee theft primarily, customer shoplifting 2nd. So employee's are watched like hawks, purses checked in general on the way in and on the way out. Shortly after I was done working at May Co they instituted a policy, women's purses had to be transparent? clear plastic. We had an employee entrance and exit, we could not use the stores main doors. This was not to make us feel special lol... this was to keep as much control of what we brought in and out of the store. It is possible we were not allowed to shop during our work day also (at our store)

the rules are strict, and endless. The big pillars in the stores with mirrors that we often adjust our bra straps in front of? There is a security person sitting in there at their post watching shoppers and employees. (most the time) A small ladder is in there, they climb down and sit and watch. (so don't pick your nose)

I agree,

In this instance though....employee theft can't even play a part or be entertained. JA claims she was given cash. No employee opened up a drawer and just handed her cash without recording a return.

Where was Martinez going with his statements today to Jodi about "Are you sure you weren't betrayed?" Was this about Matt's testimony? Nurmi objected and the judge stopped these statements. tia

I get the impression that perhaps good ole Matty rolled on her.

It does show premeditation. It shows that she wants to have enough gas to not have to stop in AZ for gas. No receipts. She bought that can to make sure of that. She was not sure Ryans gas cans were enough. Her stocking up on gas completely goes toward premeditation.

I had to re-watch the last 30 minutes of yesterday last night. It was brilliant.

In the beginning of this trial I thought maybe, just maybe Jodi went to Arizona with the intention of trying to get Travis back and change his mind about taking her to Cancun. Then, when he told her it was out of the question, THEN she snapped and killed him. Crime of passion...

I guess it sunk in for good yesterday that she planned to kill him and there was never going to be a second chance for him, he wasn't going to be allowed to live. She had more than enough time to reconsider her actions but she was focused on killing him. This was premeditation X 100. Calculated and pre-planned all the way. It just blows my mind how evil this chick is,, what a monster.

While she was in Walmart, Jodi could have used her imaginary cash refund to buy a phone charger to replace her imaginary missing one.

Dang it, this moves too fast. I have company coming for the weekend and NEED to be cleaning, so seeing as I was just on page 36.....I guess I won't have time to read everything. Which is too bad, because I love hearing everyone's thoughts/input.

See "yinz / yooz" later!! ha ha

Yep. A secret gun he had for a considerable amount of time that he never told about to his close friend who is a NRA member and has taken him out shooting before. I believe it.

The gun being a secret was a predictable lie IMO...

The third gas can has nothing to do with showing premeditation. That is not Juan's objective at the moment.

What it shows is the ease in which Jodi lies. That's all.

This Walmart purchase/return and her injured finger have nothing to do with killing Travis. These points are being brought out to show how it's almost second-nature for Jodi to lie about the most insignificant things.

Therefore....if she lies about these tiny areas of interest (that bear no benefit either way) then why should a Juror trust her in the bigger issues like.....murdering Travis?

It's Psych-101 at its finest!!!

Right, not only did she lie, but she lied when answering questions from the jury which makes it that much more personal.

It really makes me think about JM's strategy. I think part of the reason he was all over the place on cross was to keep her from following her script. I also think that he is only showing bits and pieces of what he has so he can get her to lie so he can prove it later. Now I'm starting to wonder if he's also doing it this way to almost bait the jury into asking the questions he wants because he knows that they will take it personally if she lies to their questions.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I agree,

In this instance though....employee theft can't even play a part or be entertained. JA claims she was given cash. No employee opened up a drawer and just handed her cash without recording a return.

And an item she claims she purchased and returned 1 hour later, would be scanned right back in... the scan records the return, there is no way around this item being sold, then returned.

I get the impression that perhaps good ole Matty rolled on her.

Me too.. but I doubt he wold get on the stand now...too easy to impeach by either side.

I noticed yesterday that JA corrected JM when he said 'MM is someone who wouldn't betray you' and JA said 'was'.

As in past tense. She already knows he rolled on her.

For tax fraud purposes. she planned to write her murder trip off as a business related trip even though the only business she had planned was a murder and an alibi grinding. The sole purpose of these receipts were to further prove that she wasn't in AZ. She had receipts for everywhere else except mesa. That was back in the golden olden days when she was peddling story #1.

Yes, and I think in her small crazy mind, That she thought, If I hand over receipts, They won't go looking for more. She thinks she can talk and manipulate everything just as she wants it to be. She is really really crazy. She lives in a world where she can convince anyone of anything.

One thing this case has done for me, Is show me how I need to be just as concerned about an evil small woman as I do a big evil man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member