Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
good morning all,

on the subject of the suicide letters. were they entered in as evidence? jm objected and the judge had not read them. i did not hear the judge say that they were entered yet.

Right, not only did she lie, but she lied when answering questions from the jury which makes it that much more personal.

It really makes me think about JM's strategy. I think part of the reason he was all over the place on cross was to keep her from following her script. I also think that he is only showing bits and pieces of what he has so he can get her to lie so he can prove it later. Now I'm starting to wonder if he's also doing it this way to almost bait the jury into asking the questions he wants because he knows that they will take it personally if she lies to their questions.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I like your point about him using the jury to bait for questions! That is so true. That and setting up for a rebuttal are very good. I was just surprised that they didn't bring up the magazine.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

A lot of us noticed the purchase of an airline ticket on her bank receipts yesterday. I know the jury took notice of it if we did. I'm really hoping this comes up again as we've never heard anything about it before. Did she buy a plane ticket for someone else? Was she planning on high-tailing it out of there after the murder, but changed her mind for some reason? I'm dying to know more about this.

I thought maybe it was a ticket to go to the funeral? I didn't get to see the date of the transaction.

Here is the one she went to
Tesoro
1699 W North Temple
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
801-596-7784
(that Station appears to be torn down, or burned and sunk like the movie Carrie)

tessoro.jpg

It's still there. I think it might be a Shell station, but it's not torn down or sunk

Kinda OT but it's buggin the heck outta me.

NG is obviously not watching this trial in detail every day. She said last night that the Beast of JA's lip was not there yesterday, made a joke about it. Yes, it was and we all saw it and posted about it all day.
A few days ago a woman called and asked NG why Nurmi was allowed to confer with JA in the middle of testimony, meaning while she was still sitting on the stand. NG's answer was so off the mark and it was clear she never saw that happen. Kinda bugs me that she is using Cliff Notes and then relying on the guests on her show. I hold journalists to a high standard and it bugs me when they act like experts but clearly haven't done their homework. Sorry for the vent.

I agree. NG is now a "brand" and she now wallows in her fame. She has become sloppy and intellectually dishonest. She pontificates about her glorious past as a prosecutor. She rants like a preacher. She spends very little time in preparation and relies on her staff to do the work. She merely gets on camera and wings it night after night. One can easily determine that she "calls her performances" in. I believe her arrogance is a deliberate part of her "schtick" but it has become unbecoming and boorish.

I have long since ceased to watch NG ESPECIALLY her coverage of JA.

Also JVM is not much if any better than NG.
They are both very much into fame and appearances. And because they see themselves as "celebrities" they have become uninteresting and cartoonish.

To be sure, neither Grace or Mitchell are "journalists" in the pure sense of the word. They are "talking head" - heavily botoxed - TV entertainers who spend most of their time in make up, and pouring over their daily TV show ratings.
I have about as much respect for Grace and Mitchell as I do for any common circus barker.

You're missing the bigger picture.

The two gas cans borrowed from Daryl already shows that if...that's what a juror wants to believe.

This third can that she BOUGHT doesn't show premeditation any more or any less than the two previous BORROWED ones.

A juror may choose to believe she borrowed and bought the cans because she was afraid of running out of gas in the middle of the desert (like her first story suggested).

And another juror might believe she wanted the cans to save money (and buy petrol across state-lines where it was cheaper) as she said in yet ANOTHER story.

The gas cans prove nothing. It highly SUGGESTS something, but they don't prove anything.

What Juan is doing though is PROVING Jodi lies.

That's all that really needs to be accomplished because once that's been established then.....anything spewing out of her mouth becomes automatically questionable.

And that's exactly where Juan wants to take this jury. In the land of doubt.

Mark my words...The third gas can is going to be the biggest piece of evidence tying premeditation to this murder.

Jodi's original alibi is that she went from Southern California to Utah. Her claim is she was never in AZ. She was out in the desert pretending to be a real photographer.

If you crunch the numbers, she NEEDED the third gas can to deviate from her planned route (I-15) and get back to that route without having to make ANY STOPS. Couple this with the cell phone turned off and the license plates upside down and...well, if it quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck!

Did anyone save that photo of Jodi holding her cup of water? I tried searching with not avail?

I get the impression that perhaps good ole Matty rolled on her.

Do any of you think that in order for Matt to not be charged with forging the letters that were supposed to be written by TA that he gave up everything he knew about JA? That would be fabulous!!!!! :please::please::please::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I thought maybe it was a ticket to go to the funeral? I didn't get to see the date of the transaction.

I didn't think about that - I thought the transactions dates had to be close because the airline ticket appeared right before the gas transactions right? I'm going to try to find a better picture and see.

Ah ha! Now THAT makes more sense. Thanks!!!

The third can, as inconsequential as it was... may be the very thing that does her in for the mere fact it PROVES, she cannot be trusted.
If she lies about a purchase, can she be trusted about killing someone? I think not!

How ironic.

How can you say this 3rd can is inconsequential? It is her insurance that she does not stop in AZ for gas. That is alibi building. It shows her plan from the start. Even before she has left on the trip. That she was planning this for awhile and planned each and every detail.

Not inconsequential at all if you ask me.

I like your point about him using the jury to bait for questions! That is so true. That and setting up for a rebuttal are very good. I was just surprised that they didn't bring up the magazine.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

They might've brought up the magazine and they were rejected (for whatever reason).

I think the jury is passionately pissed at Jodi by now and are really getting a sense of who she is and her capabilities.

By itself the 2 vs 3 gas cans may not seem to be a big deal. As has been pointed out before the importance of the 3rd gas can is this:

The 3rd gas can is a fact that arose in this court case and something JA under oath swore is TRUE.
She unequivocally asserted she did not have 3 gas cans and she returned the 3rd can to Salinas Walmart.

If JM can PROVE she lied on this one point, and on this one point alone, then the body of her entire testimony over the past month can be thrown out and disregarded as unreliable.

IMO, the significance of the 3rd can is that it proves that Arias was trying to avoid detection in Arizona.

Blythe CA near AZ border) to Mesa AZ -> 165 miles
Mesa AZ to Boulder City NV (near AZ border) -> 277 miles

Total -> 442 miles

Estimate range of Ford Focus - 420 miles if she got 30 mpg

My guess is that she filled the car and 3 gas cans in Pasadena and then pulled over somewhere in Arizona between the CA border and Mesa and refilled the tank from the gas cans. Most likely, that would've gotten her out of Arizona w/o having to stop at a gas station.

Can you even imagine the conversation between her and her lawyers after that session with Juan???

OH MY GOSH. Now they look stupid. And they should have checked it all out themselves. And did not.. And she lied to them too..

I would not want to represent this nut for anything.

Another thought- wouldn't it have been smarter for her to just use a prepaid credit/gas card on her trip. You can't trace those back to her as easily right?

Give her LWOP or appeal as that way the state of AZ taxpayers won't have to pay for her appealate filings & court year after year. Death row, we have a guy who isn't dead due to the DP after 30 years. Check out your state and see how quick DP prisoners are actually put to death. It isn't eye for an eye process. It's long and drawn out due to civil rights and laws.

LWOP, no appeals.

I agree, LWOP will give her less attention, which she thrives upon. However, even if she gets LWOP, I feel she'll be the "killer who keeps on giving," ala Jeffrey MacDonald. She'll be a bad penny that keeps reappearing.

When she's sentenced, the best punishment, to complement incarceration, would be to ignore her completely. That, and shave her head.

It amuses me slightly to know the media attention about her cold sore must be very humiliating for her. Good.

If you refer back to the autopsy report, you will see the width of the blade as it refers to the stab wounds. Not the scraping stab wounds but the "puncture wounds. The knife was not a straight razor or a typical steak knife.

They give the size (5") blade etc of what could have caused this. I don't believe a straight razor would be included in possible weapons.

I didn't think about that - I thought the transactions dates had to be close because the airline ticket appeared right before the gas transactions right? I'm going to try to find a better picture and see.

I read where a poster thought that was her grandmother's card, "for emergencies." Getting to a gas station and finding you have to use a card at the pump was probably an "emergency" when you're trying to cover up a slaughter.

The grandmother could have bought a plane ticket. Plus things are often out of order on the statement, they appear when they were presented to the bank, not necessarily when the transaction happened.

One might also ask why she was spending money at Yreka Tire Store during the same time frame, that leads me to believe it wasn't her card

IMO, the airline ticket was used to go to Travis' memorial service ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member