100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im guessing they didnt know, skimmed over these statements cause they thought they meant nothing. You know it is nurmi after all :floorlaugh:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know that they had these. If JM had them he would have used them during his initial cross. They wouldn't have been subject to the normal discovery rules since they weren't offered by the prosecution in its case in chief. They may have been disclosed earlier but since they weren't identified as exhibits their import was lost.

That negative mark looks like a pen mark to me. It appears to be blue ink.

Is there a date and/or does it 'jive' with the rental car return date?
iirc rental car was in Redding which is 2.5hrs to Sacramento..? :waitasec:

I don't recall JA ever mentioning Priceline for the rental car; she just said 'online' and couldn't remember if it was Budget Or any other common rental agent at an airport.. did her 'fog' kick in during premeditation? :waitasec:

O/T but I had the trial on in my living room with it muted while KN was asking JA all his stuff. I would walk through from time to time to see if he was finished and everytime I saw him still standing there I felt like Seinfeld everytime Newman did something sneaky. I would just walk by and say "NURMI"! in that Seinfeld voice. Just thought I would share.

rivals-seinfeld-and-newman-300x200.jpg

<modsnip>"......how he ever got a law degree beats me. At his speed it must have taken twice as long as usual unless he kept asking for "May I approach" during his Lsat orals. Can't stand the sound of his voice. Let me take you back to........but before we go there.......let me ask you this.........but before I ask you that......let me ask you this.....when you say you are alive.....just what do you mean by that.....on......June.......4th.....you.....lets go back.......on June 3rd.......you..........let's put it this way.........how.......did...........you........know.......what........day it was?

I just don't know. She did lie about being in Salt Lake and the receipts clearly proved that she was. We'll have to see...

She lied about being in Salt Lake? I missed that.

I guess she really has nothing to lose by lying about it. If she admits it, then it is really solid premeditation evidence, and if she lies about it there's at least the chance that everyone will miss it or that the jury doesn't understand it or something.

Maybe it's just the skeptic in me - I want it to be true, so I'm afraid to believe it yet without some evidence.

I think Juan intentionally mentioned Matt's statement from January but didn't go further with it because he wants Jodi to freak out for the next 5 days wondering what he has. Can she use the phone in jail? She is going to be going out of her mind trying to reach Matt. Maybe they are hoping she will do something stupid.

Mormon Attorney,
Your post really struck my heart. So are these kids with no empathy and no conscience born that way? Is it a chemical imbalance? If you see it and you have worked through it so much, there must be some explanation. I see no remorse from Jodi and I think that is what has stirred anger in all of us. Thanks for responding.

The DD "jurors" said there was a 'noticeable' vibe change in the courtroom when JM took over after nurmi. HTH'

I am sorry I missed it. I could not watch today due to family and work obligations. Well that and since I was taking a shot of vodka at every sidebar and every mention of private parts by Nurmi, my liver needed a break.

I did check into the threads from time to time. If my grand had my nook, I still had my iphone..

HYPOTHETICAL

Mistrial - FFW - The State of Arizona vs Jodi Ann Arias, Take II

-------------------

Mr Martinez: Ms Arias, did you in fact head to Mesa, AZ with THREE gas cans?

Jodi: Yes, I had 3. Two I borrowed from Darryl and one I bought at Walmart, I love that gas can, 5 gallons, easy to carry, nice yellow spout. Why?

As I have pointed out previously, the mysterious 3rd charge to Tosoro in SLC for $20 does NOT mean she purchased gasoline. Tosoro is like a 7-11 - where snacks, drinks, and convenient articles can also be purchased.
I assume JA will claim she bought food at Tosoro for around $20.

It's just another one of those coinkydinks that plague the defendant. Is that what you're saying? Because JM did the math and it comes out to 5 gallons of gas to the penny.

Which coinkydink do you think will break the Jury's back?

This is what a circumstantial case for premeditated murder looks like.

IMO

This info came from Jodi. It has to be taken with a grain of salt.

The friend that was on Dr Drew show tonight talked about Travis' frustration with Jodi. He said that when he went to pick Travis up for a business appt Travis was not ready, which was totally out of character. Travis started explaining his lateness and his frustration with her, something had obviously just happened, and then threw his phone across the room...

<modsnip>......how he ever got a law degree beats me. At his speed it must have taken twice as long as usual unless he kept asking for "May I approach" during his Lsat orals. Can't stand the sound of his voice. Let me take you back to........but before we go there.......let me ask you this.........but before I ask you that......let me ask you this.....when you say you are alive.....just what do you mean by that.....on......June.......4th.....you.....lets go back.......on June 3rd.......you..........let's put it this way.........how.......did...........you........know.......what........day it was?

Yeah I can't take it either. He needs some elocution classes.

If you had to guess...do you think Jodi's attorney's did NOT know about the 3 cans or they DID know and hoped it stayed hidden?

My own opinion is that they at least HAD the information available to them. But did they take the time to know what they were looking at? That I'm not so sure of. Maybe they were just going off her say so and didn't take the time to put the pieces together? Those magazines sure seemed to take them by surprise didn't they? Maybe the bank statement took them just as much by surprise (even though they would have HAD that information). Nurmi was practically kissing the paper trying to figure out what the significance of it was. Dude needs bifocals for sure, and to maybe go back to lawyer school? :great:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery