Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
?????? Did I say that?

My apologies, you didn't.

Emotions are running high with everyone who is following this case, and I certainly don't mean to take it out on my fellow posters.

on Ron Rugen's FB he has a picture of JI's father talking to reporters, so we should be seeing video of that eventually.

My apologies, you didn't.

Emotions are running high with everyone who is following this case, and I certainly don't mean to take it out on my fellow posters.

The same thing happened in the HaLeigh Cummings case and people need to heed to the fact that it doesn't help matters. If these parents don't want to be bothered then people should leave them alone for the sake of the two children that remain in the home. If either one of the parents are guilty then LE will sooner or later catch up with them.

I don't think I would want a bunch of strangers in front my house for any reason. The video shows emotions are running high and Ashley Irwin hinted at things happening at the house that the media didn't show(well I didn't see anything that she hinted at anyways). I understand they might be trying to help, but they are not family or friends. Let's say their child was kidnapped (I know many don't believe that but for arguments sake) would you really want a bunch of strangers on your property at night around your other young children? Would you want a circus of people you didn't know all around you causing confusion? I wouldn't I would be scared of strange people around my children. After the way the family has been attacked in the media who knows who their for Lisa and who is their for other reasons. Why would a family want their children around all of that? Why would anyone hold a vigil at someones house without their permission anyways? I think everyone can agree their are 2 boys in this situation who are victims no matter what happened, they deserve peace in their house. They deserve to play in their yard, or with friends or whatever the kids want to do and not have the media any where near them. They deserve better and I think people should let the family live in peace until LE has enough evidence to do whatever they are going to do. I would not want it to happen at my house for any reason, just because their daughter is missing does not give others the right to disrupt their lives until(and if) they are proven guilty of a crime then the guilty parties should be punished!

I hate to say it, but these two boys are probably really going through it with the kids at school. Kids have a way of mimicing what their parent say around them and they can be down right cruel. I feel sorry for these two boys. They are innocent bystanders and this whole situation will probably scar them for life as it is.

65282417-20143602.jpg

I am lighting a white candle for Lisa now.

I'm not worried about violence. I think this group is invested in Lisa - they have been praying and searching for 2 months. It's probably become a big part of their lives. Whatever the parents' reasons for not wanting the vigils at their home, it is their right. I think these are kind people who probably just don't understand right now and feel rejected or unappreciated temporarily. It will pass, imo. The end of vigils at the house may also represent a dwindling of hope that Lisa will be found soon, for some. Lots of emotions. None of which seem to be coming from hate or darkness, imo... JMO...

65282417-20143602.jpg

I'm not worried about violence. I think this group is invested in Lisa - they have been praying and searching for 2 months. It's probably become a big part of their lives. Whatever the parents' reasons for not wanting the vigils at their homes, it is their right. I think these are kind people who probably just don't understand right now and feel rejected or unappreciated temporarily. It will pass, imo. The end of vigils at the house may also represent a dwindling of hope that Lisa will be found soon, for some. Lots of emotions. None of which seem to be coming from hate or darkness, imo... JMO...
O/T
She is such a beautiful baby still wishing for a miracle and that she is found safe somewhere!

65282417-20143602.jpg

I'm not worried about violence. I think this group is invested in Lisa - they have been praying and searching for 2 months. It's probably become a big part of their lives. Whatever the parents' reasons for not wanting the vigils at their home, it is their right. I think these are kind people who probably just don't understand right now and feel rejected or unappreciated temporarily. It will pass, imo. The end of vigils at the house may also represent a dwindling of hope that Lisa will be found soon, for some. Lots of emotions. None of which seem to be coming from hate or darkness, imo... JMO...

I understand where you are coming from completely, but these boys need to be left in peace right now. Even in the HaLeigh Cummings case the vigils were never held at the house and the parents did the right thing for the boys sake and left. Its going to be hard for these two youngsters to put their lives back together after all this so its best if the vigils are held elsewhere. I do understand that their intentions are well meant, but people need to look at the whole picture before they react.

Lisa sure is a pretty little girl! God bless her and bring her home safe!

I understand where you are coming from completely, but these boys need to be left in peace right now. Even in the HaLeigh Cummings case the vigils were never held at the house and the parents did the right thing for the boys sake and left. Its going to be hard for these two youngsters to put their lives back together after all this so its best if the vigils are held elsewhere. I do understand that their intentions are well meant, but people need to look at the whole picture before the react.

I agree; I posted that I think it's the parents' right to discontinue vigils at the home. I don't know if the parents want the vigils to move because of the boys, privacy issues, or something else. The people who have prayed and searched don't appear to know either, but it doesn't mean they should do anything except respectfully relocate (but they are entitled to their feelings too). I think the reaction tonight is coming from hurt by generally good people who have invested their hearts and time for sweet Lisa. The loss of vigils at her home after 2 months could be very emotional for some of them, but I dont' see violence erupting. I think they will move on peacefully. JMO...

I know people have invested a lot of time, love and energy into looking for Lisa and I know to some these parents don't seem too concerned about finding their daughter, but it comes down to having respect for those two boys and that's the bottom line here. These kids are innocent bystanders and shouldn't be subjected to any of this under the circumstances. If the parents had stuck around tonight with the emotions running high as they are someone was bound to say something negative which the boys don't need to hear.

I haven't been able to read this whole thread but it seems that the "no more prayer vigils" or final vigil for Lisa came at the heel of the pyschic fiasco. I'm sure the lawyer advised the parents to distance themselves from Edith & this group of searchers due to SA's later meltdown that night & next day when everyone found out who she really was. Should have asked!

I've read that most of the searchers did not believe this pyschic's bull but thought it was a good place to search anyway, so they did. Now they have been associated with this fake so the lawyers are distancing Lisa's parents from the volunteer search group. Shame. It appears they were just trying to do what's right and for a short time made the parents almost human for not speaking with LE all this time. jmo

I agree; I posted that I think it's the parents' right to discontinue vigils at the home. I don't know if the parents want the vigils to move because of the boys, privacy issues, or something else. The people who have prayed and searched don't appear to know either, but it doesn't mean they should do anything except respectfully relocate (but they are entitled to their feelings too). I think the reaction tonight is coming from hurt by generally good people who have invested their hearts and time for sweet Lisa. The loss of vigils at her home after 2 months could be very emotional for some of them, but I dont' see violence erupting. I think they will move on peacefully. JMO...

The only reason that I contributed to this discussion was the fact that it was reportedly Deborah who said that she didn't want the prayer vigils on the family's property any more. If Jeremy had been quoted as the spokesperson, I wouldn't have questioned this for a nano-second. After all, it is HIS home, HIS property, and JI should have a say in what occurs there.

I've made no secret of my instincts about DB: She is a bully - overly-agressive and very outspoken. The house is not hers, and she should not have the been the one to call the shots about whether or not prayer vigils should or should not take place at Jeremy's house. Time for Jeremy to stop hiding in DB's shadow; she is making him look bad. jmo

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...t-understand-why-irwin-family-wants-them-gone

The group has held nightly vigils since Lisa's disappearance on Oct. 4. Fine-Duskin said she can't understand why the family wants the nightly gathering gone.

"I'm doing everything I can to bring that child back to her and her family," said Fine-Duskin.

Jeremy Irwin's father, Rick, said the family appreciates the support and hopes it will continue, just not in the front yard.

"Continuing to have them here in the yard is just overwhelming for them," said Rick Irwin.

He said while the family will never be back to normal, they are trying to recapture some of it, not only for Lisa's parents but also her two half brothers.

"Kids are resilient, but still under these kinds of circumstances, these kids are torn up inside too," said Rick Irwin.

Rick Irwin encourages people to keep praying, looking and supporting. Fine-Duskin said they will do just that.

"Because we haven't found baby Lisa. Why give up on a child?" she said.

video @ link

Deb wants to recapture some "normal".....how special

Deb wants to recapture some "normal".....how special

yes, it is very special, although that is not the word i would use..perhaps, responsible or caring. she and Jeremy care enough about the boys to try and keep their life as normal as possible in this terrible time. JMO. :seeya:

Whose idea was it to hold the vigils in their yard in the first place? Is that the norm? I thought they were usually held in a park or something. Honestly I've never been to a vigil but I think I would feel very uncomfortable in someone's yard. I would think it needs to be held where there is ample parking, space, trash cans, seating for those that need it...

It is a school night for gosh sakes. How do the neighbors feel about this and is it scaring their children?

I am all for people praying and believe there is power in numbers. Do they think God's ears are only in the Irwin's yard?

IMO this is not at all about Baby Lisa.

I hope they continue the vigils with some respectful planning.

I don't think the family has stated that they want people to give up on finding Lisa or they want people to stop praying for her. For the sake of the two young children still there people need to back off from going to their house. If it weren't for the two young boys then I'd say have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerinska