11/29/2011 Final prayer vigil for Lisa Irwin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel for Edith, but she is losing focus here. This prayer vigil is not about the parents being there or not. It was supposed to be about Lisa, nothing else. Angry people hanging out in their yard is a very good reason to leave and take the boys somewhere else during this. Would anybody else in their right mind expect them to not protect the boys at the very least?

Oh no, not Lisa’s Angels. I hope they're not anything like Hailey's angels, as they were all rather disturbing. They had good intentions (at first) to try to find Hailey, but it turned into a mess of bashing the parents instead.

I'm all for finding a missing child. But once you get a group of people together and they start spouting their opinions, I don't think its right. Be there for Lisa and Lisa alone,

IMHO, these angels have NO right to state "they don’t understand why the family doesn’t want the public’s support".

Be there for Lisa and question the families motives later. This shouldn't be about DB or JI at all. It should be about finding Lisa. If you have questions, go to LE and not the media.

Just my opinion - thanks.

Mel

Deb wants to recapture some "normal".....how special

Jeremy Irwin's father, Rick, said the family appreciates the support and hopes it will continue, just not in the front yard.

"Continuing to have them here in the yard is just overwhelming for them," said Rick Irwin.

He said while the family will never be back to normal, they are trying to recapture some of it, not only for Lisa's parents but also her two half brothers.

"Kids are resilient, but still under these kinds of circumstances, these kids are torn up inside too," said Rick Irwin

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...hy-irwin-family-wants-them-gone#ixzz1fAHg68GK

I do feel for Edith, but she is losing focus here. This prayer vigil is not about the parents being there or not. It was supposed to be about Lisa, nothing else. Angry people hanging out in their yard is a very good reason to leave and take the boys somewhere else during this. Would anybody else in their right mind expect them to not protect the boys at the very least?

I didn't see all of it because it stopped halfway - but she didn't seem upset that the parents weren't going to be there, but that they were asked to stop having the vigils there. I guess, in my mind, Deborah could have spoken to this woman herself - maybe thanked her and had a heartfelt talk, instead of leaving without a word and going through someone else.

I don't agree with making a scene there, and I agree prayer can be had anywhere - but Deborah is very frustrating when she has, so far, turned away every person with whom she could relate, and their offers of help.

I have no respect for Deborah and Jeremy at this point - it truly does seem like everyone, except their attorney and MS, cares more than they do.

R U kiddin me? Have Lisa's angels been holding prayer vigils every night in their front lawn? REALLY!

I'm sorry, but as much as I believe DB may have had something to do with the disappearence of her child (and, yes, that is my opinion), these folks should NOT be in their front yard every night. OMGosh that's just horrifying to me.

The group has held nightly vigils since Lisa's disappearance on Oct. 4. Fine-Duskin said she can't understand why the family wants the nightly gathering gone.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...hy-irwin-family-wants-them-gone#ixzz1fAIdELxz

Pray for baby Lisa, but you don't have to bring it to the home where you're not wanted. If the parents aren't coming out to join you wouldn't that be your first clue?

I don't get people sometimes - I really don't.

MOO

Mel

:20 on video. it was Jeremy's mother who called Edith to not do anymore vigils Mr. Irwin is very gracious in his words.

Your correct. I replayed the video and the reporter says that it was Jeremy's mother that asked that the vigils not be held in the front yard any longer.

Does this make a difference to those who believed it was Debbie that made the request about the vigils and believe it was wrong to say that?

Your correct. I replayed the video and the reporter says that it was Jeremy's mother that asked that the vigils not be held in the front yard any longer.

Does this make a difference to those who believed it was Debbie that made the request about the vigils and believe it was wrong to say that?

i think that reporter may have misspoken, because last night on Edith's FB page, she said that DB requested it. FWIW i believe that is where the "DB requested it" thing came from. although i suppose both could be true.

BBM Probably not.

Putting DB and JI aside (cuz I really don't care about them at the moment), I have to think how scary this would be for the 2 boys. Their little sister is missing and all of a sudden strangers are gathered in a circle with candles each night in front of their home...on their lawn! I don't know what's being said or prayed for by this group, but it's gotta be awfully scary for the boys to witness and hear!

I say to the Angels - if you want to do something...pray somewhere else. Gather your peeps and go out and physically search. But congregating on the front lawn is not the answer. Having a teen (let alone young kids like D & J have) he would be frightened...as would I.

While I can appreciate their good intentions, I do believe this is wrong on so many levels.

MOO

Mel

This group has done NIGHTLY vigils. Enough is enough. Edith and group can go to Crown Center every night and see how long that lasts.

i think that reporter may have misspoke, because last night on Edith's FB page, she said that DB requested it. FWIW i believe that is where the "DB requested it" thing came from. although i suppose both could be true.

Perhaps the whole family wanted it; Mr. Irwin said as much in the video. Mrs. Irwin was the messenger. Does it really matter who said it? A group on your lawn every night?

i think that reporter might have misspoke, because last night on Edith's FB page, she said that DB requested it. FWIW i believe that is where the "DB requested it" thing came from. although i suppose both could be true.

You know what, I should have known better to base a post off of a reporters statement. But I'll let my question stand for people to ponder. Thanks askfornina.

It's for the boys....the answer for everything.

Perhaps the whole family wanted it; Mr. Irwin said as much in the video. Mrs. Irwin was the messenger. Does it really matter who said it? A group on your lawn every night?

don't get me wrong, i agree. i was just sayin. :rocker:

BBM

IMO that won't make a difference at all for some unfortunately. This has played out pretty much as I expected it would from the time I read the first post. I feel sorry for the family and the little boys. I think emotions are high and assumptions are rampant. It is sad really. JMO

I think this had more to do w/ JI's parents stepping in and saying enough. They are at risk of losing their grandson to the bio-mom. I can see my mom-in-law doing something like this to protect my children and hubby and me too for that matter. IMO these two have gotten to know DB pretty well over the last few years. I think they would know in their hearts if she had done something to Lisa. I think DB/JI have their full support and I don't think they would offer it if they thought DB did something awful. I also think they are stepping in and respectfully doing so. This family has been through the ringer. I hope and pray Lisa is brought home soon. All my opinions.

I am still on the fence. I will admit I will fall pretty far and pretty hard if DB is guilty. I hope not. I hope Lisa is still alive and will be home sooner rather than later. JMO

BBM

IMO that won't make a difference at all for some unfortunately. This has played out pretty much as I expected it would from the time I read the first post. I feel sorry for the family and the little boys. I think emotions are high and assumptions are rampant. It is sad really. JMO

I think this had more to do w/ JI's parents stepping in and saying enough. They are at risk of losing their grandson to the bio-mom. I can see my mom-in-law doing something like this to protect my children and hubby and me too for that matter. IMO these two have gotten to know DB pretty well over the last few years. I think they would know in their hearts if she had done something to Lisa. I think DB/JI have their full support and I don't think they would offer it if they thought DB did something awful. I also think they are stepping in and respectfully doing so. This family has been through the ringer. I hope and pray Lisa is brought home soon. All my opinions.

I am still on the fence. I will admit I will fall pretty far and pretty hard if DB is guilty. I hope not. I hope Lisa is still alive and will be home sooner rather than later. JMO

BEM: With all due respect to the Irwin family - BINGO.

yes, it is very special, although that is not the word i would use..perhaps, responsible or caring. she and Jeremy care enough about the boys to try and keep their life as normal as possible in this terrible time. JMO. :seeya:

I don't see it that way. I think these parents want all thoughts of Lisa removed. Pretty cynical but I'm feeling that way now.
The stop the vigil comment IMHOO has nothing to do with caring for the boys.

Putting DB and JI aside (cuz I really don't care about them at the moment), I have to think how scary this would be for the 2 boys. Their little sister is missing and all of a sudden strangers are gathered in a circle with candles each night in front of their home...on their lawn! I don't know what's being said or prayed for by this group, but it's gotta be awfully scary for the boys to witness and hear!

I say to the Angels - if you want to do something...pray somewhere else. Gather your peeps and go out and physically search. But congregating on the front lawn is not the answer. Having a teen (let alone young kids like D & J have) he would be frightened...as would I.

While I can appreciate their good intentions, I do believe this is wrong on so many levels.

MOO

Mel

BEM: What in the world could they be thinking? Their sister is missing, yet the parents are there every day, not looking for her - and they are not looking for her. Their sister was taken in the middle of the night, out of the very house they are now being made to sleep in every night. I doubt they feel safe just because mommy and daddy are there - mommy was there when Lisa was....kidnapped.

They must be terrified, seriously....and more so when strangers are in the yard and they don't understand why. My heart breaks for these two babies, I hope they are undergoing therapy of some kind.

JMO

R U kiddin me? Have Lisa's angels been holding prayer vigils every night in their front lawn? REALLY!

I'm sorry, but as much as I believe DB may have had something to do with the disappearence of her child (and, yes, that is my opinion), these folks should NOT be in their front yard every night. OMGosh that's just horrifying to me.

The group has held nightly vigils since Lisa's disappearance on Oct. 4. Fine-Duskin said she can't understand why the family wants the nightly gathering gone.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...hy-irwin-family-wants-them-gone#ixzz1fAIdELxz

Pray for baby Lisa, but you don't have to bring it to the home where you're not wanted. If the parents aren't coming out to join you wouldn't that be your first clue?

I don't get people sometimes - I really don't.

MOO

Mel
Oh, wow, every night? Yeah, that's a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487