11/29/2011 Final prayer vigil for Lisa Irwin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that they need to get back to a sense of normalcy (as if anyone could), but that doesn't mean that you say, "No more vigils." Ask for them to be held somewhere else, ask that people continue to pray, even go a little nuts and scream at God for not bringing your baby home yet. What an innocent parent doesn't do is say, "Okay, it's been nearly 60 days, time to get back to the daily routine. Please stop asking God to help find our child." They need to focus on normalcy, but also on an appearance of innocence. This does not give that appearance, IMO.

They did not say any of this though, that is just what you are taking from a singular statement. And it was a secondhand statement at that, not one directly from the parents. How do you know what the full conversation was between Fine and the parents? What if there was much more to it and the article chose to pick out only one quote (because that's what news agencies do, pick out the most sensationalizing quote).

Quoting her as saying 'no more prayer vigils' and that's it of course is sensationalism. Doesn't mean that was the extent of the conversation.

How many times does LE have to say 'there are no suspects' until we believe there are no suspects?

It's just a little hard to believe, MOO, since 2 weeks ago they were suspects, according to their defense team. I've actually not once heard LE say they were or weren't suspects.

ETA, actually how can LE clear them and move on, if they keep refusing to answer questions?

It's just a little hard to believe, MOO, since 2 weeks ago they were suspects, according to their defense team. I've actually not once heard LE say they were or weren't suspects.

ETA, actually how can LE clear them and move on, if they keep refusing to answer questions?

LE has said numerous times there are no suspects. When JP made that statement about them being suspects, LE issued a statement denying that, saying again, there are no suspects.

Are we choosing to believe the lawyer now?

Maybe the vigils were upsetting the boys, No one knows why they requested them to be stopped. No one knows if they did ask them to hold the vigils somewhere else unless there is another article that says that. Maybe they just asked that vigils not be held in front of the house and didn't give a reason. Who knows the article didn't give much for details on why.

I understand that they need to get back to a sense of normalcy (as if anyone could), but that doesn't mean that you say, "No more vigils." Ask for them to be held somewhere else, ask that people continue to pray, even go a little nuts and scream at God for not bringing your baby home yet. What an innocent parent doesn't do is say, "Okay, it's been nearly 60 days, time to get back to the daily routine. Please stop asking God to help find our child." They need to focus on normalcy, but also on an appearance of innocence. This does not give that appearance, IMO.

Do we have a direct quote of what was said? Did DB say "no more vigils". Or did she ask that there be no more vigils on her front lawn? Or something else?

And, I am almost 100% certain that there is nothing where she said "Okay, it's been nearly 60 days, time to get back to the daily routine. Please stop asking God to help find our child". I find it incredibly hard to imagine that even an ATHEIST would say that. But if she did, could you please find me the link? Thanks :)

As far as creating an appearance of innocence - if they are innocent, and KCPD and the FBI believes it, why should they have to prove their innocence? In fact, even if LE doesn't believe it, the presumption of innocence is automatic, no matter what any of us think about it.

Thanks wasn't enough! This is exactly it! When your infant goes missing, life never gets back to normal, you get a new normal, but I would think you would still want to keep your missing child in the forefront of everyone's mind.

I can't begin to understand what these parents are thinking. :waitasec:

A very sad day. So far, nothing that Lisa's parents have done parallels what the parents of other missing children have done and continue to do.

I can't imagine any parent, family member or close friend of any family who has lost a child getting back to any sense of normalcy for a long long time.. IMHO for BL's parents to request normalcy in their lives within a two month period after a child has vanished is beyond hinky..Right now, I'm wondering what planet these people came from before they landed here on planet earth?

Did I dream this or did I hear DB, herself, say something about Baby Lisa being the "GLUE" that held the family together.. IMHO.. Seems DB's actions don't match up with her words....IMHO. DB and JI have both proven they could care less about Lisa ever being found...JMHO

The first weekend that Lisa was missing...the family took a break, after refusing further face to face interviews with LE and after a media blitz that focused on how they (DB & JI) were treated in their two interviews with LE. The second weekend that Lisa was missing the family took another break and on Halloween they had cameras follow their remaining children on their trick or treat adventure. Somewhere in those first three weeks DB refused to comment to media and stated her reason as, "we are grieving." They gave up a long time ago.

I am saddened by this. I can't imagine any parent requesting that no prayer vigils be held in honor of their "missing" child. :anguish::anguish:

Thank you Edith for all you have done.

Not everyone is religious.
Personally, if I had a child that was missing, Prayer Vigils wouldn't mean anything to me other than as a way for others to show compassion for my child.
And I certainly would not want them to continue indefinitely.
If you want to pray for my child, awesome, but as someone that is not a christian, the prayers just don't mean that much to me in the grand scheme of things.
Searches and behind the scenes investigation are what would matter to me at this point.
In fact, I'd say screw the reward money too. Instead of trying to raise funds for a reward, I'd put that money towards hiring 6 or 7 of the best PIs in the country.
Media be damned too. If I was certain my child was kidnapped, I wouldn't be talking to the media after the initial blitz because I wouldn't want the kidnappers to know my PIs were closing in.

I can't imagine any parent, family member or close friend of any family who has lost a child getting back to any sense of normalcy for a long long time.. IMHO for BL's parents to request normalcy in their lives within a two month period after a child has vanished is beyond hinky..Right now, I'm wondering what planet these people came from before they landed here on planet earth?

Did I dream this or did I hear DB, herself, say something about Baby Lisa being the "GLUE" that held the family together.. IMHO.. Seems DB's actions don't match up with her words....IMHO. DB and JI have both proven they could care less about Lisa ever being found...JMHO

No, you didn't dream it - we all know that DB said this. I can no longer find any sympathy for these two self-absorbed, self-indulgent people (they're NOT parents, imo). Lisa who?

My two cents about the "final" prayer vigil: The house belongs to Jeremy. If JI wants the prayer vigils to cease, why isn't he the one making the request? DB has always come across to me as a bully - very aggressive and outspoken. This decision should not have been up to her. jmo

A very sad day. So far, nothing that Lisa's parents have done parallels what the parents of other missing children have done and continue to do.

And what you said right there is ultimately what is wrong with this case and the perception of the parents in this case. The parents of BL are being held to a certain standard (however you want to define what that is) and because in the eyes of many they are not rising up to that standard, they are being looked upon with a suspicious/guilty eye.

What about those two boys? Don't they deserve some sense of normalcy?

This isn't just about the parents, even though many seem to think it is.

The last time these parents made any direct public statement, not through any personal representative, was the Saturday after Lisa was reported missing. That was Less Than FIVE Days into this case. By that same weekend, DB & JI had a family spokesperson, a lawyer, a benefactor and would only speak to national media (NBC, ABC, Fox and maybe CNN.)

And what you said right there is ultimately what is wrong with this case and the perception of the parents in this case. The parents of BL are being held to a certain standard (however you want to define what that is) and because in the eyes of many they are not rising up to that standard, they are being looked upon with a suspicious/guilty eye.

IMHO..Yep, I do view both of them as being guilty..IMHO..One or both of them know alot more than they are telling, and I will continue to view them as being guilty UNTIL it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt they are not guilty......JMHO....

For me the worst time was when everyone else stopped coming and got back to their real lives. I didn't want anyone to forget him . Each day was a day farther away from him.
Then it becomes awkward because no one else brings him up in conversation .
I wish people got together weekly to remember my son. DB doesn't know what she's throwing away. Or maybe she does. : (

This hit home and made me cry and touched my heart more than I could ever convey.
Just recently we lost a beautiful three year old member of our family due to a terrible tragedy. Your words are the same as her immediate family said to me. They need to still hear her name and know people haven't forgotten her. They need those people that cared about her to show they remember her! Some days when I don't know what to say or do I just go sit with them and cry.

IMHO..Yep, I do view both of them as being guilty..IMHO..One or both of them know alot more than they are telling, and I will continue to view them as being guilty UNTIL it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt they are not guilty......JMHO....

That's your choice, I'm just glad our judicial system works in the exact opposite way. I'm also glad LE works in the opposite way as well.

Not really. It's the behavior of the parents. Their lack of action. It's not really a standard.

I haven't seen DB or JI search a single time.

What about those two boys? Don't they deserve some sense of normalcy?This isn't just about the parents, even though many seem to think it is.

Describe normal.....These two boys have lost a sister, who has just disappeared, vanished w/o a trace... How can anything ever be normal again for either of them.......JMHO

Perhaps she no longer wants to hold prayer vigils at her house for the sake of those two other boys in the home. Interesting how people target a word (final) and run with it.

There are other children in that home, remember?

Oh, I'm sure we all remember! I just want to ask you if you think it's a bad thing for the two boys to see people care enough to continue to pray for their sister?

That's a pretty direct quote, and pretty clear that it came from LE, whether they told US or not.

"...Jeremy and Debbie, according to the KCPD and the FBI are not suspects”

Not "they have not been called suspects", but "they are not suspects". I suppose Picerno could be lying, but it sure would be embarrassing to him if it turned out to be a lie.

Let's not fool ourselves. No one has been ruled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member