11/29/2011 Final prayer vigil for Lisa Irwin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's your choice, i'm just glad our judicial system works in the exact opposite way. i'm also glad le works in the opposite way as well.

bbm...imho...justice has been kidnapped and hidden in the law

jmhoots

Describe normal.....These two boys have lost a sister, who has just disappeared, vanished w/o a trace... How can anything ever be normal again for either of them.......JMHO

Life must go on for them, no? Yes, they lost a sister but the whole world does (and cannot) stop, especially for them who are so young. Does having prayer vigils outside your door to constantly have the saddness of their missing sister in front of them actually help them? These are not adults, able to cope with sadness and grief. One of them is 4 (or 5). How do you keep explaining to that little boy why all these people are in front of your house?

bbm...imho...justice has been kidnapped and hidden in the law

jmhoots

I agree. I think the justice system needs serious change. There's way too much coddling of the guilty, and too little done for victims. Casey Anthony is guilty, yet she was found not guilty, and I blame the justice system.

LE has said though they are not suspects.

LE has also said he wouldn't define the parents as 'uncooperative'.

LE has said no one has been ruled out

LE has said they are following up on all tips.

Let's not fool ourselves. No one has been ruled out.

Why can't we just take all 4 talking points at face value instead of dismissing the first one (about them being suspects)?

Oh, I'm sure we all remember! I just want to ask you if you think it's a bad thing for the two boys to see people care enough to continue to pray for their sister?

I've not seen any quote or link that says the parents said 'Don't pray for BL'. If you can find me that link I'd appreciate it.

Life must go on for them, no? Yes, they lost a sister but the whole world does (and cannot) stop, especially for them who are so young. Does having prayer vigils outside your door to constantly have the saddness of their missing sister in front of them actually help them? These are not adults, able to cope with sadness and grief. One of them is 4 (or 5). How do you keep explaining to that little boy why all these people are in front of your house?

"Look. They continue to care and pray and search and work for her return as much and hard as we are. Isn't it wonderful?"

As noted Saturday, Edith Fine will be holding a prayer vigil for Lisa Irwin at the home of DB and JI.

Just passing along what Edith has said here:
At the request of DB, this will be the last prayer vigil.

The vigil will be held at 7pm

R&BBM: OMG ! WTH ! :furious:

I was just checking in to see if there was any news on Baby Lisa and I see this !

:waitasec: Now THAT "In My Opinion" just "says it all" about WHO knows where this baby is ! :furious:

MOO MOO and MOO ...

Not everyone is religious.
Personally, if I had a child that was missing, Prayer Vigils wouldn't mean anything to me other than as a way for others to show compassion for my child.
And I certainly would not want them to continue indefinitely.
If you want to pray for my child, awesome, but as someone that is not a christian, the prayers just don't mean that much to me in the grand scheme of things.
Searches and behind the scenes investigation are what would matter to me at this point.
In fact, I'd say screw the reward money too. Instead of trying to raise funds for a reward, I'd put that money towards hiring 6 or 7 of the best PIs in the country.
Media be damned too. If I was certain my child was kidnapped, I wouldn't be talking to the media after the initial blitz because I wouldn't want the kidnappers to know my PIs were closing in.

Of course not, but it seems DB/JI may be since they attended at least one of these vigils.

If it comes out that DB asked that they not be held in front of there house then I will eat my words. However as it looks now to me, MOO, DB wants everyone to forget about precious baby Lisa.

I agree. I think the justice system needs serious change. There's way too much coddling of the guilty, and too little done for victims. Casey Anthony is guilty, yet she was found not guilty, and I blame the justice system.

Nat, just because you think the parents are guilty doesn't mean they are. We can't start arresting people based of assumptions and suspicions.

"Look. They continue to care and pray and search and work for her return as much and hard as we are. Isn't it wonderful?"

It's not that simple and I think you know that. That's all I'll say about that.

this thread is not a back and forth about the parents and the definition of what a suspect is... it is about the prayer vigil. thanks

Why can't we just take all 4 talking points at face value instead of dismissing the first one (about them being suspects)?

I personally think DB is the prime suspect, LE just isn't showing their hand.

For me the worst time was when everyone else stopped coming and got back to their real lives. I didn't want anyone to forget him . Each day was a day farther away from him.
Then it becomes awkward because no one else brings him up in conversation .
I wish people got together weekly to remember my son. DB doesn't know what she's throwing away. Or maybe she does. : (

(((hugs))) to you...I wish every person that is defending DB and her actions concerning the prayer vigil would read this. Maybe an understanding of what true grief is would be clear.

Yes, life goes on.. The world continues to turn.... However their lives will never ever be the same...And to my knowledge neither of the boys are four years old...They are older..IIRC they are six and eight years old... And IMHO they are both old enough to enter counseling to deal with the sadness and the grief they may be experiencing due to the loss of their baby sister......It will take years of counseling to help deal with this tragic loss...JMHO

MOO ...

I feel so sorry for Ms. Edith ... she has put her "heart and soul" into this search for Baby Lisa !

And now THIS ... :furious:

IMO ... it is like "kicking someone in the GUT" ! It's just so sad !

:praying: that Baby Lisa is found SOON ... and ...

:praying: for Ms. Edith and all the searchers ...

MOO ...

Yes, life goes on.. The world continues to turn.... However their lives will never ever be the same...And to my knowledge neither of the boys are four years old...They are older..IIRC they are six and eight years old... And IMHO they are both old enough to enter counseling to deal with the sadness and the grief they may be experiencing due to the loss of their baby sister......It will take years of counseling to help deal with this tragic loss...JMHO

And I had to pause for a moment thinking how the boys must feel that mama doesn't want anymore vigils on her front lawn. My goodness - can you imagine when they get older and look at the web articles?

"Prayer Vigil: Requested by Deborah Bradley Baby Lisa Mom to be the last one"

How do you bring that up at Sunday dinner? So, mom, why didn't you want anyone coming over to pray for our missing sister? Huh?

I don't even want to think about how that conversation is gonna go.

I don't know what kind of normalcy folks expect these boys to get back to, because from this seat I'm seeing all kinds of dysfunction up ahead.

Just my opinion --

Mel

Of course not, but it seems DB/JI may be since they attended at least one of these vigils.

If it comes out that DB asked that they not be held in front of there house then I will eat my words. However as it looks now to me, MOO, DB wants everyone to forget about precious baby Lisa.

As an atheist, if someone held a vigil for my child, I'd most certainly attend too.
Heck, I still go to church sometimes and even my atheist son is majoring in theology at GA State. We're a minority, so most of us realize that it's necessary to conform sometimes.
If she had said DB asked that nobody pray for Lisa anymore, I could understand why others would be upset, but that's not what was said. She just doesn't want the prayer vigils and as a mother, I can understand that too because it's a sad constant reminder that my baby isn't home with her family.

And I had to pause for a moment thinking how the boys must feel that mama doesn't want anymore vigils on her front lawn. My goodness - can you imagine when they get older and look at the web articles?

"Prayer Vigil: Requested by Deborah Bradley Baby Lisa Mom to be the last one"

How do you bring that up at Sunday dinner? So, mom, why didn't you want anyone coming over to pray for our missing sister? Huh?

I don't even want to think about how that conversation is gonna go.

I don't know what kind of normalcy folks expect these boys to get back to, because from this seat I'm seeing all kinds of dysfunction up ahead.

Just my opinion --

Mel

They'll tell them it had been two months and it was time to move on and get back to normal. That should make any child feel all warm and cozy to know that their parents have a time limit of two months if they ever went missing.

Prayer must be such a scary thing if there's no way that these parents could have made it into something positive for the boys, like they're not alone, all those people care about Lisa too. As if the boys wouldn't remember that their baby sister is still gone every time they walk past her bedroom.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member