11/29/2011 Final prayer vigil for Lisa Irwin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How often have they had these vigils?

Thank you, Edith, for everything you've done for Lisa.

It sounds awfully final to say that it's the last one, like Lisa doesnt' need prayers any more. :(

People will continue to pray for Lisa and maybe there will be other vigils later, in a few weeks or months, maybe.

Bless you, Miss James (((( hugs))))

"final" does sound really sad. maybe Edith or someone else will hold vigils some place else soon, not in front of the house.

i know i'm not done praying for Lisa. i hope this coming week brings some answers. *sigh*

How often have they had these vigils?

Thank you, Edith, for everything you've done for Lisa.

It sounds awfully final to say that it's the last one, like Lisa doesnt' need prayers any more. :(

People will continue to pray for Lisa and maybe there will be other vigils later, in a few weeks or months, maybe.

Bless you, Miss James (((( hugs))))

I was going to ask the same thing and I agree, people will continue to pray regardless.

Sadly, attendance at these vigils start to dwindle and people go on with their lives.

We're approaching the 2 month mark and baby Lisa is still missing.

It is very sad. But life does have to go on. Barring a miracle, Lisa is gone. She is either dead, or she has begun a new life as someone else's baby. By now, if no one has turned in the person who adopted a new year-old, blonde/blue baby, I don't see it happening.

DB/JI have two other children to consider. Those boys lives need to become as normalized as possible. They can't go on with the media circus and the constant reminders of their little sister. So long as people keep congregating in front of their home, that's rather impossible. And, if DB/JI are not church-going (or spiritual) people, they may not see any real value in prayer. Prayer groups are not the same as search parties, and at this point, even search parties are not going to find a live Lisa.

So, I can't judge the parents for this. I don't see it as an indicator of guilt. I see it as an indicator of parents who have given up hope of finding their baby. And that is sad. Because, in the end, all they really had left was hope.

I would not expect innocent parents to give up. This case is still fresh, people have not died, memories have not lapsed. If they don't want the prayer vigils, fine. Searches are much more fruitful. Please, let's see some searches.

I would not expect innocent parents to give up. This case is still fresh, people have not died, memories have not lapsed. If they don't want the prayer vigils, fine. Searches are much more fruitful. Please, let's see some searches.

Yup - look at John Walsh. He's spent the last 30 years working to help missing children after Adam was murdered. Marc Klaas, Tim Miller. All examples of what real parents do after their children were murdered.

How do you move on or give up after 2 months?

You don't...unless you don't want anyone to focus on finding your child.

I don't believe for a minute that baby Lisa is alive and well with a new family. IMHO, DB knows exactly where Lisa is.

MOO

Mel

Yup - look at John Walsh. He's spent the last 30 years working to help missing children after Adam was murdered. Marc Klaas, Tim Miller. All examples of what real parents do after their children were murdered.

How do you move on or give up after 2 months?

You don't...unless you don't want anyone to focus on finding your child.

I don't believe for a minute that baby Lisa is alive and well with a new family. IMHO, DB knows exactly where Lisa is.

MOO

Mel

Well, apparently both KCPD and the FBI disagree with that:

"...Jeremy and Debbie, according to the KCPD and the FBI are not suspects” Picerno explains

http://fox4kc.com/2011/11/28/custody-battle-for-jeremy-irwins-son-moves-forward/

Well, apparently both KCPD and the FBI disagree with that:

"...Jeremy and Debbie, according to the KCPD and the FBI are not suspects” Picerno explains

http://fox4kc.com/2011/11/28/custody-battle-for-jeremy-irwins-son-moves-forward/

Now hold on a minute. I suppose we could go around and around about this, but the fact is that LE has said no one has been ruled out as a suspect. Picerno, who's clients are DB and JI, has reason to have his own "take" on what LE said.

As noted Saturday, Edith Fine will be holding a prayer vigil for Lisa Irwin at the home of DB and JI.

Just passing along what Edith has said here:
At the request of DB, this will be the last prayer vigil.

The vigil will be held at 7pm
Oh FGS.

Please someone, wake me up when either DB or JI do or say *something* that makes it appear that they are innocent and know nothing about what happened to Lisa, or that indicates that they care about Lisa, or that indicates that they want to find Lisa regardless of what happened to her.

Perhaps she no longer wants to hold prayer vigils at her house for the sake of those two other boys in the home. Interesting how people target a word (final) and run with it.

There are other children in that home, remember?

Oh FGS.

Please someone, wake me up when either DB or JI do or say *something* that makes it appear that they are innocent and know nothing about what happened to Lisa, or that indicates that they care about Lisa, or that indicates that they want to find Lisa regardless of what happened to her.

Just pushing a button to thank you for some reason just didn't do it for me so ...
From me to you....THANK YOU

It's my understanding that these parents have worked closely with the FBI. Consider that DB may be innocent; that the baby was indeed kidnapped. It certainly wouldn't be in that neighborhood at this point. Perhaps, believing that someone has their baby and it is being taken care of is a way to preserve some level of sanity. If we see a lot of this as a crazy circus; then imagine what they think.
They have two other children who have to live this on a daily basis. Kids grow up blaming themselves for bad things happening in families(divorce, injuries, all). If this child is not found then let me predict who will find her. Her brothers. I may not live to see it and the parents may not either but someday the truth will surface. They will not forget.
I believe in prayer. But continuing to have prayer vigils on an almost nightly basis may not be a good thing when they are also going to be in a custody battle for his son. I fully understand the urgency to try to stabilize and preserve what is left to try to keep it together. At best it must be a very, very hard thing to do. Here I have to draw on my faith. I know the one who is always watching and already knows what has happened or is happening.
We don't have to meet in groups to pray. We can go to our closets whenever we feel the need.

Now hold on a minute. I suppose we could go around and around about this, but the fact is that LE has said no one has been ruled out as a suspect. Picerno, who's clients are DB and JI, has reason to have his own "take" on what LE said.

That's a pretty direct quote, and pretty clear that it came from LE, whether they told US or not.

"...Jeremy and Debbie, according to the KCPD and the FBI are not suspects”

Not "they have not been called suspects", but "they are not suspects". I suppose Picerno could be lying, but it sure would be embarrassing to him if it turned out to be a lie.

if we're supposed to believe that LE is not to be trusted or respected then why in the world would we believe the word of a defense atty who only wants to take the glare of reality off his clients?

If you don't trust LE, and you don't trust the defense attorneys, who do you trust? Do you only trust your gut feelings? :waitasec:

(Note: YOU was used here as a generality, not directed specifically at the poster.)

We have to trust LE when they say something that is favorable to Tacopina and Picerno's clients. If LE says that they're not cooperating or that no one has been ruled out as a suspect they're big bad LE who only lie and manipulate to trap innocent people.

MOO.

We have to trust LE when they say something that is favorable to Tacopina and Picerno's clients. If LE says that they're not cooperating or that no one has been ruled out as a suspect they're big bad LE who only lie and manipulate to trap innocent people.

MOO.

LE has said though they are not suspects.

LE has also said he wouldn't define the parents as 'uncooperative'.

LE has said no one has been ruled out

LE has said they are following up on all tips.

So, why can't we just accept all 4 statements above as the truth instead of only believing the last two statements?

That's a pretty direct quote, and pretty clear that it came from LE, whether they told US or not.

"...Jeremy and Debbie, according to the KCPD and the FBI are not suspects”

Not "they have not been called suspects", but "they are not suspects". I suppose Picerno could be lying, but it sure would be embarrassing to him if it turned out to be a lie.

Probably not, IMO. It sounds like I've heard it from more than one attorney whose clients were arrested and convicted and they weren't particularly embarrassed about it that I could perceive. Just goes with the territory of being a defense attorney imo.

Didn't LE say that no one is a suspect and that no one has been ruled out?
It could just mean that they don't want to say where their investigation is going.

Wasn't there a quote sometime back that the spin from the DT was: "Sure, the parents are considered suspects. Expecially Deb."
Pretty sure that's near ver batim, and THEN that was to use to spin the reason why they lawyered up and quit answering hard questions.

In any event. Back to topic.

Even though I knew this was coming, it breaks my heart and chokes me up.
Lisa lovey sorry for your cut-off life. Hopefully one day at least your remains will be found and put in a safe place.
You will not be forgotten. You will join the place in people's hearts where the precious missing get stored.

so so so so so sad

Has LE said that the parents have been cleared as suspects, and-or they've moved on away from the parents?

Because I'm pretty sure that LE also said that Jersey and the male neighbor weren't suspects either, and they added that they've moved on. Yet for some reason it doesn't matter what LE says in those cases, then it just means that LE isn't being truthful, or that it doesn't matter because LE hasn't actually come out and said they were officially cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop