12 Top Reasons to Stop Smoking Now New Evidence May Be the Most Convincing Yet

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Smokers smell so bad that... (MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL)

• Total voters
s

We can do this! :websleuther: :aktion::jumping::skip::skip::skip:

(day 4 here)

I have to say, this is absolutely the hardest thing I have ever done and I am only a few hours in! Congrats to you all for doing such a fabulous job!!! I really hope I can do this.

Nov. 21 is my day to quit. Thanks you all! Every time I put a cig out, i tell myself how i cant wait til the 21st! I will be buying the patches next week and will be ordering an ecig kit for back up.

I have to say, this is absolutely the hardest thing I have ever done and I am only a few hours in! Congrats to you all for doing such a fabulous job!!! I really hope I can do this.

:great: You CAN do this! I didnt think I could either. Ive smoked a pack a day for 15 years. The first few hours are hard because its constantly on your mind. As the days pass you will find other things take the place of that thought. I have confidence in you that if you want to quit you can. It is hard, and give yourself credit for that. What you are doing is hard, and youre doing it, which means youre stronger :)

:great: You CAN do this! I didnt think I could either. Ive smoked a pack a day for 15 years. The first few hours are hard because its constantly on your mind. As the days pass you will find other things take the place of that thought. I have confidence in you that if you want to quit you can. It is hard, and give yourself credit for that. What you are doing is hard, and youre doing it, which means youre stronger :)

Thanks mimimama!!! That was such a nice post!

pghbrandi! Have you considered a quit smoking aid? I really encourage you to not smoke, but thats happened to me before. I am not going to set myself up to smoke again like i did the last time-21 years ago! I plan on using the patches for longer because I know i will cave. You guys, I am gonna be poppin in to read to have this great advice and encourgement for my day! i figure when i quit is whe day i get the house and i dont want to make it reek from cigs. new carpet, new paint, new me!

I have considered those, but I am just trying it cold turkey this time. I have tried the gum before but it didn't work. I can't believe I have been smoking for twenty years!! I started at fourteen. Peazzzer, best of luck to you on the 21st! I have been reading here all day each time I want to light up. That's why I've been here so much. hahahaha

wow! I have smoked for 35 years! I am so ready to ditch this frenemy thats been there thru everything in all of my adult life. I have bronchitis and plueresy right now, the next will be pnuemonia, i get this every other year and smoking doesnt help. I havent even been to the doc because i have had this so many times . Dang. I cant wait till the 21st to stop! Yay!

You can! We all can! If you need to talk through it at anytime, please let me know. I totally agree it's the hardest thing I've ever done.

Phew One week today! I cannot believe I made it! This is a first success for me. Ive tried several times to quit before and have always cheated. I would rationalize " oh I can have one cigarette, thats so much better than my usual" " just a drag is ok". This time all I keep thinking is that I want to quit more than I want to smoke. Im not giving up 7 days of smoke free time for a drag of a cigarette. Keep going quitters, I know we can do it

Phew One week today! I cannot believe I made it! This is a first success for me. Ive tried several times to quit before and have always cheated. I would rationalize " oh I can have one cigarette, thats so much better than my usual" " just a drag is ok". This time all I keep thinking is that I want to quit more than I want to smoke. Im not giving up 7 days of smoke free time for a drag of a cigarette. Keep going quitters, I know we can do it

:great:

For those of you who are going good, keep it up. Imagine how disappointed in yourself you'll be if you light up another one.

Day 10. Still going strong. I went out to ride my horses yesterday and the only thing I had to carry in my pocket was my cell. That was an incredibly freeing feeling. It was so nice to not have to worry about smokes and a lighter. keep going quitters :) Oh and a silly little thing that is helping me. When the craving was really really strong, I would light a candle. the act of flicking my lighter and the pleasant smell of a candle seemed to work for me. Maybe it will help someone else too

Day 10. Still going strong. I went out to ride my horses yesterday and the only thing I had to carry in my pocket was my cell. That was an incredibly freeing feeling. It was so nice to not have to worry about smokes and a lighter. keep going quitters :) Oh and a silly little thing that is helping me. When the craving was really really strong, I would light a candle. the act of flicking my lighter and the pleasant smell of a candle seemed to work for me. Maybe it will help someone else too[/QUOT

You go girl!

We can do this!!!! Really!
Da 7 for me! :woohoo:

Day 10. Still going strong. I went out to ride my horses yesterday and the only thing I had to carry in my pocket was my cell. That was an incredibly freeing feeling. It was so nice to not have to worry about smokes and a lighter. keep going quitters :) Oh and a silly little thing that is helping me. When the craving was really really strong, I would light a candle. the act of flicking my lighter and the pleasant smell of a candle seemed to work for me. Maybe it will help someone else too[/QUOT

You go girl!

We can do this!!!! Really!
Da 6 for me! :woohoo:
, but not good for my heart diet, but have to choose one lol

All I do is eat!!!!!!!! yikes but not good for my heart diet, but have to choose eating

I have considered those, but I am just trying it cold turkey this time. I have tried the gum before but it didn't work. I can't believe I have been smoking for twenty years!! I started at fourteen. Peazzzer, best of luck to you on the 21st! I have been reading here all day each time I want to light up. That's why I've been here so much. hahahaha

pghbrandi,You can do it....Just think..you can have a nice clean house, your closes won't stink like ciggies, (I don't even keep my clothes in my bedroom because of the cig smell) Hubby made me a walk in but before that I put clothes in every closet of the house.

Oh, and not to forget :bling::bling: you will save!

Day 10 for hubby and I. YAAAAAAAAAY.

Congrats to everyone else, too. :)

Just a reminder;

smokers-lung.jpg

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh396/Rfeynman/smokers-lung.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads