14 october 2011 press conference

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the reporters asked BS if the reward money was in a trust and all he said was that he wouldn't say there was a reward if there wasn't one. So, why the money isn't in a trust?

Maybe it's in the benefactor's savings acct or a cd or something to where they can access it if/when Lisa is found or there is a conviction. :waitasec:

I'm telling ya'll missing children have turned into some sort of media driven spectator sport. It's a sad turn of events...........

It is my opinion that BS needs to call Mark Klaas and get some advice on how to do these things!

Wow. Just wow. Why is a PI holding a press conference? LE, the family, a spokesperson for the family, yes. But a PI? This is wildly inappropriate and self-promoting on his part.

I feel very sorry for this family, if innocent. They are getting horribly bad advice from somewhere. I think they are about to learn the hard way what it means to be used by the media and circus performers out to make a buck.

I'm just sitting here sick to my stomach.

He was filmed talking to family members in the yard of where they are staying YESTERDAY! Somebody misspoke. He said he hasnt talked to LE since earlier in the week.

Thanks I'll go back and correct my post. I still say he's no different than Geraldo or any other reporter, just an outsider grandstanding, in my opinion.

Wow. Just wow. Why is a PI holding a press conference? LE, the family, a spokesperson for the family, yes. But a PI? This is wildly inappropriate and self-promoting on his part.

I feel very sorry for this family, if innocent. They are getting horribly bad advice from somewhere. I think they are about to learn the hard way what it means to be used by the media and circus performers out to make a buck.

I'm just sitting here sick to my stomach.

I'm not supporting him,but I think he's been on HLN as an expert or commentator . He has some media experience,was a cop turned PI ,I think.

Stanton should have been prepared to answer the question directly-Is the money in an escrow account right now (asked by Judge Jeanine P and later, by another reporter)? He dodged the question both times.

Exactly. He basically said trust me that the money is there and will be paid. Not very professional.

Well I just don't know what to think of today's "I'd like to thank the Academy" speech by BS. All I know is that it feels as if I've stepped into The Twilight Zone.

Where is Baby Lisa?

My thoughts exactly and it was interesting to me that he kept saying he has "connections." Being from NY, that can mean many things :)
The link (PattyG) stopped at about 3 mins in. Is there 11 more minutes somewhere?

Also isn't it interesting that this wealthy benefactor (and who uses that word, these days?) knows the family and this big shot PI (that I have never heard of?)

I don't understand why BS is here. He says he's not going to investigate anything, he is going to forward all the tips he gets to LE. So why not cut the middle man and send all those tips to LE at the first place? What is his role exactly?

I'm telling ya'll missing children have turned into some sort of media driven spectator sport. It's a sad turn of events...........

You know what shakes me up the most about the media circus? Only SOME children get showcased. There are many,many kids who go missing each day.
It's obvious to me why some are highlighted ,but I won't go there now.

this thread will close shortly as the presser is over. spread out and feel free to start new threads from the info we learned today! thanks peeps:rocker:

Just caught up. Wow. This is the most bizarre case I have ever seen. I'm still on the fence. Not sure what to think. I have never been so lost in a case before. Usually I get a feeling about one side, but I just can't read this case. I'm not sure what is going on. Bizarre, just bizarre. Poor baby Lisa.

Maybe it's in the benefactor's savings acct or a cd or something to where they can access it if/when Lisa is found or there is a conviction. :waitasec:

IMHO - doesn't matter if it was in his back pocket, these rewards are never paid anyway. Caylee had a $225K reward, and it wasn't collected on. Kronk rec'd 5K from the tip line, and Mark N. got 5K (which he gave to Kronk).

I've yet to see anyone actually collect on these huge rewards. It just doesn't happen.

MOO

Mel

Exactly. He basically said trust me that the money is there and will be paid. Not very professional.

He used thousands of words to tell us why the benefactor would remain anonymous. No problem with an anonymous benefactor.

He spun because either he could not (Did not know the answer.) or refused to (Not in an escrow account yet.) answer the question if the reward funds were currently in an escrow account.

IMHO - doesn't matter if it was in his back pocket, these rewards are never paid anyway. Caylee had a $225K reward, and it wasn't collected on. Kronk rec'd 5K from the tip line, and Mark N. got 5K (which he gave to Kronk).

I've yet to see anyone actually collect on these huge rewards. It just doesn't happen.

MOO

Mel
I think it depends on what the reward is for. If it's for safe return of the child, and the child can not be safely returned, then of course it's not possible to collect the reward.

Ok I just read everything that I missed which was nothing. Lordy. No one cares about Baby Lisa except us, thats how I feel. I guess I will go onto another forum on here and see what else has happened today. When are we locking up the parents, I think enough is enough now.

LE cares,too! It's hard not to fall in love with all the missing kids .Baby Lisa is just precious.

I don't understand why BS is here. He says he's not going to investigate anything, he is going to forward all the tips he gets to LE. So why not cut the middle man and send all those tips to LE at the first place? What is his role exactly?

IMO....to keep the focus off of Lisa

Just caught up. Wow. This is the most bizarre case I have ever seen. I'm still on the fence. Not sure what to think. I have never been so lost in a case before. Usually I get a feeling about one side, but I just can't read this case. I'm not sure what is going on. Bizarre, just bizarre. Poor baby Lisa.

Me too.I'm usually ready to find fault with the parents,but I can't do that yet ,in this case.

IMHO...
I believe that LE already knows the answer to that question. If Deborah was that drunk, she would've still shown signs of intoxication at 4:00 AM.
I also doubt a drunk 25 year old with no previous history of being criminally diabolical could kill and hide a baby without being discovered by now.

bbm

What about Haleigh Cumming's kidnapper?

Trenton Duckett's kidnapper?

Missing and have never been found. Both by some, presumed deceased.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member