16 Different Versions of Darlie's story

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Goody said:
O, that is so funny. I have read that they called the family room the "roman room" or the "roaming room." The latter came with an explanation that when the boys were little they would "roam" all over into uncharted territory and that is where the name came from. Now you say there is a Roman bust in the room. Gees, ask Mama Darlie sometime what the real story behind that nickname is. I always call it the family room because I don't know which it is.
Don Davis says they called it the "roaming room" after the rowdy boys. I've always seen it as "Roman Room" in the other books, and in interviews. There are Roman busts and sconces all around.
http://www.justicefordarlie.net/galleries/galleries.php Gallery 1, picture 7
Gallery 4, picture 3. She sure had alot of furniture in crammed in that room. Wonder why those intruders didn't make more of a mess?

Goody said:
O, that is so funny. I have read that they called the family room the "roman room" or the "roaming room." The latter came with an explanation that when the boys were little they would "roam" all over into uncharted territory and that is where the name came from. Now you say there is a Roman bust in the room. Gees, ask Mama Darlie sometime what the real story behind that nickname is. I always call it the family room because I don't know which it is.

They called it the Roman Room, Goody, because the family room had a Roman theme...the pictures, vases, wallpaper border, etc. The Gladiator would have felt right at home there.

I have no idea why Don Davis called it the "roamin' room". Probably for the same reason he said Darlie was sleeping downstairs...too hot on the second floor. He didn't nail down all the facts before he wrote his book.

But, in a way, he did get it right. Heat rises, and I'll bet there were flames shooting from Darlie's head right up the stairs into the master bedroom.

beesy said:
Did you at least leave them on stand-by?

Yes, bees! They have promised to ignore all child abuse, murder, burglary, and assult charges until they have attended to your needs.

Go quietly and cooperate. They love you, they really do :behindbar

cami said:
I don't know, sorry.

Actually, I checked out my son's knives...he's a cook people... and he does have one butcher knife that has a smooth blade in between serrations, but the serrations are tiny, not like a bread knife or steak knife...it's hard to explain unless you see it.

Lol,note to self....read the whole thread before replying.

Goody said:
I thought the sofa table was what we used to call end tables, with a stair step shape. So it is a table, round or square, that is high up to the sofa's what?....tallest point? That is a better visual that some new version of the old end table.

Mine sits behind one of the sofas and the edge of it comes up right about to the top of the back of my sofa. Its long (almost the length of the sofa) and narrow. Some people keep photos on them. We've got a chess set and candles. End tables are at the "ends" of the sofas and a coffee table would be in front of the sofa. At least that's my lingo!! :rolleyes: Who knows!!

cami said:
I don't know, sorry.
This is why I sumised he meant a nick or burr in the blade as it would leave a mark like serrations do.

Since the blade isn't serrated and the wound has areas where tool marks of serations are found I asssumed that in order for it to be the same knife the serrations were actually blade imperfections.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
This is why I sumised he meant a nick or burr in the blade as it would leave a mark like serrations do.

Since the blade isn't serrated and the wound has areas where tool marks of serations are found I asssumed that in order for it to be the same knife the serrations were actually blade imperfections.
No, he's talking about those little itty bitty marks(serrations) on the sharp part of the blade. All of my knives have them. I don't know why even felt the need to say it.

Jeana (DP) said:
Mine sits behind one of the sofas and the edge of it comes up right about to the top of the back of my sofa. Its long (almost the length of the sofa) and narrow. Some people keep photos on them. We've got a chess set and candles. End tables are at the "ends" of the sofas and a coffee table would be in front of the sofa. At least that's my lingo!! :rolleyes: Who knows!!
Ok, so was the bloody partial print on the coffee table or the sofa table?

beesy said:
Ok, so was the bloody partial print on the coffee table or the sofa table?

I read "coffee" table, I believe, but again, we don't know which one they think a "coffee" table would be to them. ;)

beesy said:
Thanks! I've never seen that before. Maybe we should call it the table behind the sofa and the table in front of the sofa.
Isn't Darlie lying on her side in that diagram?
Yes, it has her lying on her right side.

A sofa table is usually taller, longer and narrower than a coffee and/or end table. My end table is about the height of where you sit on a sofa and my sofa table is about 6" taller than the end table.

You can touch the top of a sofa table standing up, but you need to bend over a little bit to touch the end table. In otherwords, it looks like someone touched the table while they were walking by it. IMO. Course I thinking of an adult, not a kid.

justice2 said:
The crime scene layout at fordarlieroutier shows the print on the table behind the sofa.

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/MediaArticles/Other/press.pdf
I noticed something in the link you posted. This shows where Darlie says she was, and where the boys where found. If they were sleeping and Damon was closer to the other two they might not be visible from the kitchen. The height of the sofas, the sofa table with the bust on it,etc. Not until you got into the RR would you see the family.

The TV being on seems to throw some light into the room, but where Devon was, a hole of light would be on the floor. If staying up to watch TV he might have positioned himself where the light from the TV doesn't hit the floor. You can see just fine but the alternating light flickers wouldn't wake you if you fell asleep.

I was at a friends house the other night our hubbies play softball together and they had a late game. We where in another room and the kids wanted to wait up to see how daddy did. They had gotton their pillows and blankets and had camped out in front of the TV. When we checked in on them they were out cold but I noticed that they had positioned themselves around the TV but just out of its light. I thought about it and asked my friend if they had their own spots in the den they usually took or what.

She told me they each had a preferred place to sit and 1 of them liked the floor with a pillow when it came to family time TV watching. When it came to sleep overs or letting them stay up late they had their own places for that too, just out of the flickering light of the TV.

Don't know if it even relates to this case but it was an observance that I thought I might point out and ask if it is similar to other peoples children or even themselves.

Hi, first time poster on this case. Could Damon's wounds have been less forceful because by this time the killer was starting to feel remorseful about his or her actions? In the Lizzie Borden case, the stepmother's wounds were quite vicious, but Lizzie's father's wounds were much more hesitant, as if the killer was thinking, Well, I'm in this far, now I have to finish what I started. I don't think you necessarily need two killers to get two kinds of wounds, just two different mind sets.

ssiegmund said:
Hi, first time poster on this case. Could Damon's wounds have been less forceful because by this time the killer was starting to feel remorseful about his or her actions? In the Lizzie Borden case, the stepmother's wounds were quite vicious, but Lizzie's father's wounds were much more hesitant, as if the killer was thinking, Well, I'm in this far, now I have to finish what I started. I don't think you necessarily need two killers to get two kinds of wounds, just two different mind sets.

Hi and welcome!! You could have a point. Also could be fatigue setting in. Its actually quite strenuous to stab someone.

Same lingo here, Jeana. And I'm one of those that keeps photos on my sofa table. :)

They called it the Roman Room, Goody, because the family room had a Roman theme...the pictures, vases, wallpaper border, etc. The Gladiator would have felt right at home there.

I have no idea why Don Davis called it the "roamin' room". Probably for the same reason he said Darlie was sleeping downstairs...too hot on the second floor. He didn't nail down all the facts before he wrote his book.

But, in a way, he did get it right. Heat rises, and I'll bet there were flames shooting from Darlie's head right up the stairs into the master bedroom.

Actually, it was a pun, a play on words....like calling your dog King Arfer. It was a roaming room with an Italian touch. But both words of description are correct.

I think his name is Poole I have incorrectly identified him as Frosch in previous posts sorry.:bang:

He testified right before Bevel volume 39.
I Do trust him since he got the best training in the army. I am G.I. respectfully prejudiced.
He states he found tool marks on one of Damon's ribs and that is why he can't CONCLUSIVELY say the same knife was used. Tool marks on the knife blade that matched those of Devon's wounds couldn't be found on the same knife as the one found in the home. Of the two wounds Devon received, one was able to show these marks. The other wound was not able to detect it and was not in good quality for testing. I don't want to go into how they harvested these wounds as it is rather gory. From best I can derive from the testimony the other wound either didn't hit the ribs in the right place or was ruined in the harvesting and preparation process. I can understand why the marks wouldn't match up with his brothers as Damon's wounds didn't penetrate as much as his did. Hence the depth prevented the tool marks from being made, one problem they do have the knife and no such burrs or imperfections are on this blade. I believe Poole. To me this screams of two knives. How could the tool marks be there on his rib and not on the blade?

This in no way is a positive result for two knives. In fact, how can two knives be so simular, with different strokes.
Answer is fatigue. You are going from one hand and one angle, to another.
The whole "two knives" thing is total folklore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back