16 July 2013 status conference discussion thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 22s
Heading to the kilt to unwind after a lengthy hearing. Join me for a burger dwill you? #JodiArias

Expand

I know we discussed this before, but I really think this separate jury for sentencing is stupid and inefficient. How do you take this trial and summarize it adequately? You can't! If you're JM, how do you convey the moral bankruptcy of the whole defense presentation in a week or so?

Personally, I think it should just go to the judge. No way JSS is going to sentence Arias to LWP, little chance the state would actually execute her in my lifetime, so she's going to wind up doing LWOP anyway.

ITA ---- chances are she would end up with LWOP if appealed....MOO:seeya:

‏@********* 48s Monday August 26th at 8:30 is next #JodiArias hearing. Nurmi's motion denied.

From WAT :

2m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Nurmi is doing a floating left handed chicken wing fist pump move as he explains he needs more time to respond. #JodiArias

1m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Court is adjourned. Yet another exciting hearing in the #JodiArias trial. See you all in August I guess.

1 m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Heading to the kilt to unwind after a lengthy hearing. Join me for a burger dwill you? #JodiArias

Corey Rangel ‏@CoreyABC15 1m Judge told both sides she wants them to move fwd as if case will go to trial in Sept #JodiArias

‏@********* 48s JUDGE NEGOTIATING A DATE FOR RETRIAL OF DEATH PENALTY PHASE

WTH? The Judge should set a darned date. Other trial settings the lawyers have should be postponed. This case really is in the "middle of trial" as I see it. The Judge should quit negotiating and make a decision! Arggggghh!!!!

From WAT :

1 M Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Just to clarify. Jodi had a bun and full umbrella bangs accompanied with hella jingling noises as she walked. #JodiArias

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Just luv WAT !

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 50s
Just to clarify. Jodi had a bun and full umbrella bangs accompanied with hella jingling noises as she walked. #JodiArias

Expand

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 1m #JodiArias in chains now leaving courtroom. Judge had wanted a fall trial date. Pushing for Sept. Hearing 8/26 to decide more.

Corey Rangel ‏@CoreyABC15 1m Judge told both sides she wants them to move fwd as if case will go to trial in Sept #JodiArias

yeah right....we know how the defense moves......:banghead::banghead:

That's a good point.

I agree but it's the principle of it for me, I want her to be sent to death row, her time there would eventually be significantly different to her serving lwop.

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

So even the idea of starting in 'late' September is just that..an idea, a thought.

I'll be shocked if that happens. January is what I think.

I agree, but my opinion is only based on the experience of Wilmott and Nurmi usually getting their way and wasn't 2014 their request?

I wish this Judge had control of her court room. Scheduling issues should have already been cleared up. Sad................

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 9m
Attorneys and defendant #JodiArias just walked into courtroom. Judge is on the bench.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 7m
Judge Sherry Stephens said she is reluctant to set a firm trial date at this time. Set another pretrial conf for August 26th at 8:30.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 6m
Judge Sherry Stephens said she is still hoping for a September trial date in #JodiArias

I agree, but my opinion is only based on the experience of Wilmott and Nurmi usually getting their way and wasn't 2014 their request?

Yep, so thats a win of sorts in my book that she didn't just say ok, since we all know what her track record is for the things like this

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

The case Juan is trying against the ex-cop that killed the guy and his dog.... it is suppose to be lived streamed. Starts end of the month iirc.

From WAT :

1 M Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Monday Aug 26th is the date for the next status hearing case management conference. #JodiArias

That's fine, but I won't sit around and remain faithful. I will be playing the field with other trials. :floorlaugh:

Corey Rangel ‏@CoreyABC15 2m
Judge met with both sides in closed chambers so it's not clear what the judge's reservations are about a Sept trial #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper