Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW and how about the kids...
they can get their hands in a glove compartment and be curious...
I am a city girl…. Don’t mind me.
I always say if you don’t carry, you won’t have to use it.

The news does not carry stories of women shooting their rapists, men and women shooting their crazed stalkers, people shooting someone robbing their homes during home invasions, and countless other incidents of self defense because they don't want to encourage vigilantism....but there are many of these incident that happen all the time. It's sort of like you never see suicides on the news unless it's a bully that caused it or a murder suicide, they don't want to "glamorize" these suicides.

I carried a concealed handgun until my daughter could walk, then I put it up in a locked box and took my chances. In my 20's I always had my 38 and my daughter, who was an MP in the service, carries her concealed gun with her at night and when she jogs. Two young women were pulled out of their cars and carjacked at a store around the corner from her, one had a little boy in the car that they threw out into a busy street. A bullet would have stopped both of them. I make no apologies for either of us. More people are killed by those carrying illegal weapons without a permit, far more.

Death threats? Why can't TM's parents work? They have gotten tens of thousands for their expenses. Crump took their case pro-bono.

Grief? Shock?

It's way too difficult to describe to one that hasn't experienced the loss of a child. It's difficult, if not impossible to concentrate on minor things, much less a job, for longer than a few minutes. Difficulty eating, sleeping. taking care of everyday duties. Physical illness. The list is endless. May I suggest reading up on the subject? A good place to start with be with the works of Elizabeth Kubler-Ross. I pray you never have to experience it firsthand.

Well, this part sure clears it up...not:

The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree and constitutes a felony of the first degree,

:waitasec:

Yes the statutes can be very confusing, even after many years reading them I still have to go back and read them a couple of times before it sinks in. The meaning of first degree murder and second degree are close in proximity, it's just a matter of all the elements being there.

Death threats? Why can't TM's parents work? They have gotten tens of thousands for their expenses. Crump took their case pro-bono.

Death threats is what I was thinking also. I did not know Trayvon's parents were not working. Are they also asking the public to help with their living expenses? I could understand not being able to go back to work after your child is murdered.

First, who has said that TM's parents aren't working? Link please. Second, I would expect grieving parents to be taking some time off work under any circumstances, and under circumstances such as these even more so.

Grief? Shock?

It's way too difficult to describe to one that hasn't experienced the loss of a child. It's difficult, if not impossible to concentrate on minor things, much less a job, for longer than a few minutes. Difficulty eating, sleeping. taking care of everyday duties. Physical illness. The list is endless. May I suggest reading up on the subject? A good place to start with be with the works of Elizabeth Kubler-Ross. I pray you never have to experience it firsthand.
So true and unless you have lost a child you will never understand the pain.. IMHO

Tens of thousands? From where?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Just a reminder:

WS does not permit links that request or suggest sending donations without the clear permission of the owners . This is to protect our members and for no other reason.

I can't imagine either why they haven't reached a decision by now, except to think the decision has been reached and they're strategizing about riots. I guess the tox tests are still out, but it seems they have all the witness statements they need, and cell phone evidence.

I agree! I do not see them arresting GZ, so IMO right now they are figuring out how to control the anger when the mobs do not get what they want.No one should ever be charged when under the law they are protected.No one likes it that a 17 yr old is dead but if GZ acted within the law,he should not face charges.It is always terrible when any one dies but laws are not ruled by emotions nor should it be.

Grief? Shock?

Loss of a child is the worst form of grief.

The Five Stages of Grief
http://grief.com/the-five-stages-of-grief/

The news does not carry stories of women shooting their rapists, men and women shooting their crazed stalkers, people shooting someone robbing their homes during home invasions, and countless other incidents of self defense because they don't want to encourage vigilantism....but there are many of these incident that happen all the time. It's sort of like you never see suicides on the news unless it's a bully that caused it or a murder suicide, they don't want to "glamorize" these suicides.

I carried a concealed handgun until my daughter could walk, then I put it up in a locked box and took my chances. In my 20's I always had my 38 and my daughter, who was an MP in the service, carries her concealed gun with her at night and when she jogs. Two young women were pulled out of their cars and carjacked at a store around the corner from her, one had a little boy in the car that they threw out into a busy street. A bullet would have stopped both of them. I make no apologies for either of us. More people are killed by those carrying illegal weapons without a permit, far more.

You really think the media wouldn't carry sensational stories like this because they care about the welfare of society -- not promoting vigilantism? They'll report anything as long as it gets ratings -- they're not that restrained. The fact is that these types of self-defense shootings just don't happen that often. Women don't shoot their rapists -- they barely report the rapes. These self-defense shootings are usually done by gun enthusiasts, just itchin to set up a situation where they can use their firearm -- such as the case of GZ.

So true and unless you have lost a child you will never understand the pain.. IMHO

I hope that this never happens to me, but I feel that both families have lost something here. The Martins have lost their son forever and the Zimmermans have lost the function of the family. Neither one will ever be the same again, and that is sad.

If they were attacked by the person they followed, it was self defense.

Horace, you know I love you :blushing:, but the problem with this though is we don't know who initiated an attack or if there even was a REAL scuffle.:waitasec:

I agree! I do not see them arresting GZ, so IMO right now they are figuring out how to control the anger when the mobs do not get what they want.No one should ever be charged when under the law they are protected.No one likes it that a 17 yr old is dead but if GZ acted within the law,he should not face charges.It is always terrible when any one dies but laws are not ruled by emotions nor should it be.

Go back a few pages, you will quite a few reasons, all valid, of why an arrest may not have happened yet. He may not have been protected under this law but maybe so..and TM had the right to be protected as well.....so far we can't assume he wasn't entitled.Fast "justice" isn't a good thing and it is to neither side's benefit to have that.

and he did say his house was being "robbed" which I guess some may consider as not being equivalent to burglary but which I consider a fairly good synonym.

It went from
report a black man was possibly trying to break into the house
to
He said Zimmerman had called the police several weeks before he shot Martin to report a burglary at Taaffe’s house he came upon during a “nightly patrol."
to
My house was being robbed, and George on his nightly rounds watched this burglary in progress,
and, of course, the 911 call is George's "version" which is a real time account of this crime and it merely states that a black person was repeatedly going to "this 1020" which I assume is Taffe's residence. That's it, he was going to the guys door. He did not break in or attempt to break in or do anything other than go to the guys door and he was gone when police got there. Maybe the guy was looking for Taffe or had the wrong address or whatever-people ring my bell and go to neighbors homes and they are hardly ever burglars.

I think most objective readers of Taffe account would be able to spot the inconsistencies as well as the leap to crime that these guys seem able to make based on thin evidence other than a black guy is near my house. There is nothing to support the assertion that one of the guys later arrested, who apparently worked in a group, was the same person as the lone individual going to Taffe's house. I guess we're supposed to take his word for it and, me, I'm not really believing much of what this guy says but everyone can conclude what they want based on the credibility of the source.

Thank you for the links. He didn't say a burglary occurred at his home, he said an attempted burglary. He said the same kid was arrested later for burglarizing a home. I'm assuming that would be the 2/6 burglary where the black male, who originally gave a false name, is pointed out as the same black male seen on in the area of the burglary the day before?. So am I still missing the Taffe's lie? Three young black males and one white male - all of which were being hand-cuffed because the stolen items were found on them, and one took off running. I think I would have been suspicious of tall Asian males casing houses if tall Asian males were robbing them all month - anyone would that cared about their property. JMO

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/329597-sanford-burglary-reports.html

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/327330/george-zimmerrman-911-call-history.pdf
<respectfully snipped>[/QUOTE]

FWIW, my son attends High School in our mildly affluent part of town. He told us that out of several dozen students he has heard voice an opinion, not one of them thinks Trayvon was an innocent victim, and almost 75% think Zimmerman was attacked and in fear for his life. None of those have any reason other than that is what he said.

Personally I think both he and Zimmerman possibly stereotyped one another. No way do I think Zimmerman is blameless and no way do I believe his account in full. I think it's sad that young people are apparently buying into the prejudices of their elders. But then what can you expect..

Everyone's experience is different, though. In my 1000% affluent/white (and I mean that almost literally) neck of the woods, my dd told me I was a racist when I suggested to her that the information *reported* in People magazine about this case was not necessarily an objective statement of absolute fact :maddening: lol

So, ime, neither affluence nor whiteness makes a racist. Quite the contrary here, at least. At least wrt the children, regardless of what their parents may think. The constant message from the school is to value diversity and the children that I know, including my own, have internalized it to a degree that I was not even aware of until that conversation.

Bumping this post... :seeya:

This is bumping the one subthread for the Trayvon case. With Caylee, I had a main thread, and underneath it had all the subthreads from it. As there are now two that I know of, and perhaps more, can someone post them in one as to the links so I can capture on my computer? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253