17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that they were both screaming either at different points, or at the same time, during the confrontation. IMO, the audio "evidence" doesn't make this case any less confusing, but then again, I have never thought the audio alone would paint a clear picture of what transpired. I truly believe that we'll never know what really happened.

I would think both too since I have always heard that getting punched in the nose is very painful.

Plus didn't that one male witness say he yelled stop to them twice and another lady holler out the window asking what they were doing? As for other witnesses that haven't talked to the media for all we they could have been screaming hysterically too, I know I would have if I saw something like that going on.

Good point about GZ's lack of evidence. So the hate crime lies in assuming that any member of the larger group must also be a member of the subset.

I want to know what kind of bars he hung out in? I have my own reason for wanting to know this, but I think it could give us more insight?

The press release says they started selling it on March 1.

Validation research can and should be done prior to selling a product.
I'm aware, but that doesn't mean anything with respect to real-world usage. It's been out in the wild for less than a month.

This is a ridiculous back and forth and I'm through with it.

Arrest Zimmerman, seat a jury, and present them 3 pieces of evidence to consider:

-Have 12 impartial jurors listen to these screams

-Have 12 impartial jurors listen to the chair emeritus for the American Board of Recorded Evidence tell them whose screams those are NOT.

-Have 12 impartial jurors stand on their heads, squint one eye, and capture just exactly the right frame to see if THEY can find any evidence of his imaginary beating in the video as he's led into the jail.

Then let em go vote.
It's ridiculous to request scientific validity in a test?

Alright, then.

The 911 dispatcher asked him "do you want to meet with the officer when they get out there".

Not we want you to meet with the officer.

That was not an invitation to go chase down TM. Do you want to meet with the officer..... or are you leaving, are you going home. Never go chase this dude down. No one told GZ to chase down anyone. He was told he did not have to follow, a patrol car was on the way. GZ knew exactly what this dispatcher meant. LE does not want a private citizen to get involved while they are investigating a complaint. We all know that if we have ever called for help.

I can see this will change the way dispatchers handle calls in the future and lawsuits be damned. Obviously some people will have to be spoon feed and spelled out to them in very defining terms. Do not follow this person, that's an order. It's a hard job as it is without private citizens interferring and placing someone else's life in danger, including responding officers. jmo

We know who shot Martin.
What we don't know was it justifiable.

Two trains of thought here:
1# The newly assigned DA found the same lack of evidence that her predecessor had and that's why we've not seen an arrest?

2# Or the newly assigned DA is buying her time so that she shift the determination onto the Grand Jury?

As for the dog & my neighbor they both was in the middle of the street the one inciting the other and neither willing to back down. The dog had as much right to be where he was as the man. But it became a standoff and had the dog bitten my neighbor I would have told him he got what he was asking for. Of course had the dog attacked him and he killed it I would have said the dog got what it had coming... See the point I'm making is each had a right to be where they was, each had a right to defend themselves. Yet, neither had the right to provoke the other as they was doing but in doing so this didn't evaporate the right of the attacked to not defend themselves... The dog's owner is inconsequential right at the moment you're having to deal with whether your about to get bitten... It's a bit like the government surveyor showing the bull in the pasture his papers, the bull is still going to chase him regardless of what authority he may think he has.

Yes, I agree everyone is accountable for his/her actions... All I was saying is time after time we hear the what "if's" and a number of people depend upon those to justify their outlandish claims. Many try to convert those what if's into facts throwing all critical thinking aside when it doesn't support their assumptions... If this or If that... Life behaves funny and sometimes turning left when we should have turned right causes us to get caught in a traffic jam, that could have otherwise avoided.

I can't explain it but for some unknown reason Martin/Zimmerman was set on some sort of collision course. And from what I gather each added to it till it culminated in the tragedy we are witnessing.

Now we've got two investigations and neither have resulted in an arrest. Some will see this and say LE hasn't gotten it right. To some it will never be right until they see someone hanged for it regardless if that person was guilty or not...

Angela Corey, the new state's attorney involved in the case has stated that it is likely she won't wait for the grand jury to act.

"Our process in every case is that we utilize a grand jury for indictment in investigations if we need them," Corey responded. "We may or may not need them, and we'll know that in a couple of weeks."

I'm just really not sure how they can gauge/compare Zimmerman talking in a normal tone to him screaming. They appear to have valid credentials, so I'm don't think they'd put themselves out there like that if they weren't sure, but I just can't wrap my head around how screams can be compared to just talking. I sound nothing like how I talk when I scream. I dunno.

They really need both voice patterns IMO. 48% probability is too close for comfort and not too far from > 50%.

They really need both voice patterns IMO. 48% probability is too close for comfort and not too far from > 50%.
Right now, what they're saying is that they're only 48% certain it's Zimmerman's voice. When there are two people involved, what does that mean? The defense or prosecution can twist that one fact either way they want.

I'm guessing that they were both screaming either at different points, or at the same time, during the confrontation. IMO, the audio "evidence" doesn't make this case any less confusing, but then again, I have never thought the audio alone would paint a clear picture of what transpired. I truly believe that we'll never know what really happened.

I think the audio evidence is clear and certain to everyone except those who don't like what it shows.

The Grand Jury will be meeting in 10 days, right? I really do think we will get an arrest for something? Something related to Trayvon's death. I'm not looking for 1st degree murder or anything like that. Manslaughter seems fair to me? I think he should be held responsible and should have to answer in a Court of Law for what he did? If he is found Not Guilty after all the evidence is shown in a Court of Law... then I will have to accept it. I've had to accept worse!

I would think this voice analysis software has about as much credence in a court of law, as that of a polygraph. Which of course means Zero evidence...

Adrienne, can you give us a link to the quote above? The GJ is supposed to be seated April 10 which is less than a couple of weeks now, so I'm curious when she stated this.

(BTW the EVB tapes are interesting, not terribly informative about the processes they use--intellectual property concerns no doubt--but the funky intro and extro music for each clip is so distracting that maybe I missed something!)

This is a ridiculous back and forth and I'm through with it.

Arrest Zimmerman, seat a jury, and present them 3 pieces of evidence to consider:

-Have 12 impartial jurors listen to these screams

-Have 12 impartial jurors listen to the chair emeritus for the American Board of Recorded Evidence tell them whose screams those are NOT.

-Have 12 impartial jurors stand on their heads, squint one eye, and capture just exactly the right frame to see if THEY can find any evidence of his imaginary beating in the video as he's led into the jail.

Then let em go vote.

ITA (but in case of a change of venue please don't consider Pinellas County)

Angela Corey, the new state's attorney involved in the case has stated that it is likely she won't wait for the grand jury to act.

"Our process in every case is that we utilize a grand jury for indictment in investigations if we need them," Corey responded. "We may or may not need them, and we'll know that in a couple of weeks."

How long ago did she make this statement? Has it been over a week. I'm just wondering when we may hear more about this.

I think the audio evidence is clear and certain to everyone except those who don't like what it shows.
No, it only provides more substantiation to those affected by confirmation bias.

And the last thing GZ would want is for those tapes to be played to a jury. jmo

Just curious if/when this goes to trial, wonder which would be better trial by jury or trial by judge? Seems juries get it wrong sometimes...if you know what I mean.

In our paper the other day awoman interviewed at a rally here stated "its not a black and white thing, its a right and wrong thing".
Now tonight I saw after todays rally far far away from here a woman interviewed used EXACTLY those same words.
I just thought it was weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member