17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until the state's attorney gets Tracy Martin on the stand and asks if he remembers making the statement, That's not my son screaming. That's not Trayvon's voice (or words to that effect.)

Who is the jury going to believe then? They'll believe the parent.

Link please?

The Events Leading to the Shooting of Trayvon Martin ( link )
New York Times, April 1, 2012

Trayvon Martin, 17, in self-defense after a life-or-death struggle on the night of Feb. 26. Official accounts and interviews with those involved in the case offer a glimpse into what may have happened.

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen the interview with George's father all the way through. I will have to say I part ways with him when he contends Trayvon told George he is going to "die tonight". Hopefully this isn't from George and it is just his dad trying to solidify the SYG defense. Only in the movies would someone say this.

Now I get why GZ doesn't have a worse injury on his head. I was imagining Trayvon, with one hand on each side of GZ's head, slamming him against the cement - he was actually hitting him, and thus, GZ's head was naturally hitting the ground.

We will never know whether or not GZ had a right to be suspicious of Trayvon. If he ran because he was scared of a guy in a truck, he should have run home or he should have called 911. If he was running because he was up to something and got scared, GZ would have been right. We don't know - it is not out of the realm of possibility that Trayvon could have been up to something. IMO

I believe Zimmerman had a RIGHT to be suspicious of anyone for anything at anytime. Whether he had adequate REASON to be suspicious, I don't think so. Whether he had a right to stalk, approach, and shoot based on his suspicions, I think not. We shall see in due time what is revealed and what is judged.

Link please?

Here's a link that reports on what the father said about the audio:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-trayvon-martin-shooting-911-call-20120316,0,573686.story?page=2

Serino said Trayvon's father, Tracy Martin, listened to all of the 911 calls in the case before the entire family convened at City Hall to listen Friday night. When asked if the voice on one, a male calling for help was his son, told Serino no.

Police lied Friday, Crump said, when they said Tracy Martin said the voice crying for help was not his son. What Tracy Martin told police, Crump said, was that "he couldn't tell, that it was too distorted."

The audio has since been cleaned up, and now Tracy Martin has no doubt but that the voice is his son, Crump said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGatto View Post
Imagine this goes to trial and no audio experts are permitted to testify -- the jury just listens the 911 call, hears the screams, and makes its own decision. I think the majority -- or at least a plurality -- would believe it is Trayvon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthinkin View Post
Until the state's attorney gets Tracy Martin on the stand and asks if he remembers making the statement, That's not my son screaming. That's not Trayvon's voice (or words to that effect.)

Link please?

Here's your link: http://www.wesh.com/news/30692415/detail....

Well it now appears the link I followed earlier to read what Tracy Martin said about the screaming not being Trayvon is now a bad link. I have no other way to access the article now, but it does exist. Just FYI, the poster who gave the link also noted that the story had been reported on MSNBC, and they had pulled their article. Why am I not surprised? I guess Wesh has now pulled theirs too.

What in the H is going on? Martin's father comes out and says it's not Trayvon screaming, and then 2 voice experts come out and say it's not Zimmerman screaming so the reports get pulled where Trayvon's dad says the screams aren't Trayvon's? Huh....

Zimmerman said he yelled for help and no one would help him. It was a lie. The boy was terrified and screaming for his life. As a child advocate surely you must be horrified listening to that boy yelling for his life. How can that not make a difference. It shows Zimmerman to be a liar. What of the rest of his statement?

BBM~ Excellent point regarding child advocacy...
Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is a children's advocate typically represents or gives voice to a child or children whose concerns and interests are not being heard (in this case Trayvon can't be heard because he is deceased). A child advocate works to prevent children from being harmed and to seeks to obtain justice for those who have already been injured in some way.

There have been more than two million signatures on a worldwide petition to have Trayvon Martin's killer arrested. Those who signed and support protecting innocent children walking in their neighborhood are true child advocates.

JMHO~

Here's a link that reports on what the father said about the audio:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-trayvon-martin-shooting-911-call-20120316,0,573686.story?page=2

Serino said Trayvon's father, Tracy Martin, listened to all of the 911 calls in the case before the entire family convened at City Hall to listen Friday night. When asked if the voice on one, a male calling for help was his son, told Serino no.

Police lied Friday, Crump said, when they said Tracy Martin said the voice crying for help was not his son. What Tracy Martin told police, Crump said, was that "he couldn't tell, that it was too distorted."

The audio has since been cleaned up, and now Tracy Martin has no doubt but that the voice is his son, Crump said.

Thanks Talina, that makes sense.

The whole story of Trayvon telling Zimmerman "You're going to die" and then when Zimmerman shoots Trayvon and Trayvon says "You got me." is from a badly written script! Really badly written.

It's insulting. The whole story is insulting.

MOO

Don't forget "Homie"

It all sounds like a 1980 police drama.

When it is said that Trayvon should have "run home" if he was afraid of this unknown man who was following him, I keep thinking of the picture of the walkway leading to Trayvon's home. It is straight as a runway, out in the open with no cover, and would have made Trayvon a sitting duck if he had chosen to "run home" on it.

If it were me that night in the same place, when I realized that a strange man was eyeing me intently for some unknown reason and then started following me, I would have run fast out of sight behind the condos. Then I would have found any cover I could to shield me and held my breath while waiting to see if I had lost my assailant.

If I then turned to find my assailant upon me, I would have freaked in terror and started screaming HELP HELP.

I believe that is basically what Trayvon did that night, bless his soul.

But that is just my best guess based on what we KNOW so far; there is still so much we do not know. I'm waiting on the results of a thorough investigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGatto View Post
Imagine this goes to trial and no audio experts are permitted to testify -- the jury just listens the 911 call, hears the screams, and makes its own decision. I think the majority -- or at least a plurality -- would believe it is Trayvon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthinkin View Post

Link please?

Here's your link: http://www.wesh.com/news/30692415/detail....

Well it now appears the link I followed earlier to read what Tracy Martin said about the screaming not being Trayvon is now a bad link. I have no other way to access the article now, but it does exist. Just FYI, the poster who gave the link also noted that the story had been reported on MSNBC, and they had pulled their article. Why am I not surprised? I guess Wesh has now pulled theirs too.

What in the H is going on? Martin's father comes out and says it's not Trayvon screaming, and then 2 voice experts come out and say it's not Zimmerman screaming so the reports get pulled where Trayvon's dad says the screams aren't Trayvon's? Huh....

It was from a police report early on - Crump later called police liars. He said Tracy felt the 911 call was too distorted to tell. I'm helping you look for it but I keep getting side-tracked lol

Top 10 most outrageous moments in Trayvon Martin case

My personal favorite:
March 21: Zimmerman labeled "murderer" — in Congress. Premature, at best. At worst, stunningly irresponsible to call George Zimmerman a murderer. He hadn't been charged with a crime, but U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown spoke on the House floor next to a sign that read, "Trayvon Martin's Murderer Still At Large."
Rep_Corrine_Brown-300x285.png

Don't forget "Homie"

It all sounds like a 1980 police drama.

Yeah, my opinion is this was a deliberate injection of a word designed specifically to get support from a certain category of people reacting to this with BIASED impulse.

Yeah, my opinion is this was a deliberate injection of a word designed specifically to get support from a certain category of people reacting to this with BIASED impulse.

The word "homie" was really used ?

It was from a police report early on - Crump later called police liars. He said Tracy felt the 911 call was too distorted to tell. I'm helping you look for it but I keep getting side-tracked lol

No, no, the words were in quotes. It was not a police report. It was comments Martin made early on after hearing the screams in that first witness's 911 call. The quotes were in an article. I read it earlier today, but it is either gone now or I just can't find it. Wesh has numerous pages of articles. Problem is I can't remember exactly what the title of the article was. His dad saying that was not the main gist of the article.

The word "homie" was really used ?

Well, it was CLAIMED that it was used. It seems pretty unlikely to ME that it actually WAS used, but that's just my best guess, based on what we know so far.

Well, it was CLAIMED that it was used. It seems pretty unlikely to ME that it actually WAS used, but that's just my best guess, based on what we know so far.

So you don't think that it's a "deliberate injection of a word" now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny