17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The term homie was popular about 30 years ago...it morphed into homes about 10 years later. Actually I give the cops credit for not going real old skool by claiming that Trayvon said, "What's your problem, homeboy."

How would the "cops" know what Trayvon said?

I think Zimmerman has been watching too much TV or played a fantasy confrontation out in his head too many times.
I wonder how many copies of 'Taxi Driver' he has worn out?

THIS! Robert De Niro in "Taxi Driver" immediately came to mind the minute I read the transcripts of his call to LE!

Taxi Driver was a brilliant script though.

This script they've come up with reminds me of "Boyz in the Hood" mixed with "Mclintock." It just doesn't go well together, at all.

ETA: Both "Boyz in the Hood" and "Mclintock" were great films separately... mixed together... they make no sense.

is there a link of what evidence was collected....did I miss that somewhere?

Why was his gun returned to him? He said that TM was trying to go for it. So, wouldn't TM's fingerprints be on it? I can't believe how lax these cops are about a homicide case even if it was supposedly in "self defense". Can you just walk up and shoot someone in self defense in FL? If that's the case, how does the police decide if they will charge someone with murder or manslaughter or any kind of homicide charges if you can just switch it up with self defense?

I read something that I found incredibly scary that the special prosecutor said. She said that they lose many cases that should not be lost due to the the self defense clause. The state has to prove that the defendent was not in fear of their life.

I think Zimmerman has been watching too much TV or played a fantasy confrontation out in his head too many times.
I wonder how many copies of 'Taxi Driver' he has worn out?

ITA. As others have pointed out not only does Zimmerman claim that Trayvon used these silly type of catchphraises, he uses them himself in his 911 call.

Why was his gun returned to him? He said that TM was trying to go for it. So, wouldn't TM's fingerprints be on it? I can't believe how lax these cops are about a homicide case even if it was supposedly in "self defense". Can you just walk up and shoot someone in self defense in FL? If that's the case, how does the police decide if they will charge someone with murder or manslaughter or any kind of homicide charges if you can just switch it up with self defense?

I read something that I found incredibly scary that the special prosecutor said. She said that they lose many cases that should not be lost due to the the self defense clause. The state has to prove that the defendent was not in fear of their life.

They do have the gun. I don't think they've given it back to Zimmerman yet? Have they?

As a Floridian, I think the self defense laws need to be seriously reworked.

The term homie was popular about 30 years ago...it morphed into homes about 10 years later. Actually I give the cops credit for not going real old skool by claiming that Trayvon said, "What's your problem, homeboy."

I guess you're not a fan of R. Kelly?

Are you insinuating that TM got himself killed because he asked GZ a question? Why are you following me is a legitimate question when you are doing nothing more than walking down the street.

GZ clearly states the TM was running in another direction. TM didn't charge toward him. What sense would it make for TM to take off running then double back to confront the person he had gotten away from?

The gf was allegedly telling him to run, which he did. She was probably scared for her bf and wanted to stay on the phone to find out what was going on.

What was she going to call 911 and say? She wasn't with him. She wouldn't know his exact location and her calling 911 wouldn't have gotten Sanford PD.
It would've gotten her local PD. It wouldn't have mattered. By the time the call would've been relayed to Sanford, TM was already shot and killed.

I find it extremely odd that the dispatcher didn't bother to ask more questions about what made TM so suspicious. I also find it extremely odd that GZ left the safety of a vehicle to pursue this suspicious person on foot.

There was no real suspicious activity to report so GZ tried to make nothing into something. .When there was nothing to add he kept saying "Yup" apparently to keep the dialog going with dispatch.

He said TM was definitely up to something, looked like he was on drugs, had something in his hand and was looking at all the houses. Was TM supposed to walk with his head down and avoid looking at houses? Is it a crime to carry something in your hand? And he wasn't sure about the color of TM's hoodie so how could he tell that he appeared to be on drugs?

What exactly did TM do wrong to get 911 called on him??

You are expecting the kids to have the sense of mind to handle a situation like that?

JMHO

Amen to everything you said! I feel pretty sure that up until the final few minutes, Trayvon just thought this was a generic creeper "up to no good" following him but never DREAMED he would shoot him down. What exactly could the gf have reported: "my bf said on the phone a weird guy followed him. I THINK he might have shoved him, but I dunno, he hung up on me". Then the 911 dispatcher asks " what's his location?" answer "I don't know, I don't live anywhere near there and I've never been there". ???

And 911 could not have responded in time to save Trayvon's life. The 911 responders that Zimmerman had already called EARLIER did not even arrive til after Tray was dead.

And lastly, how does the Gf not calling 911 make Trayvon guilty of ANYTHING.

So that's where all of this homie / homeboy stuff is coming from? Leaks from the Police dept?

Zimmerman told the Police TM said homie, the police told Tracy Martin that, so no it wasn't a leak IMO

Because they have access to what Zimmerman said?

I've not seen a quote from police that Zimmerman said "homie". I didn't hear his father say it either, but I only listened once. Wasn't this what Tracy Martin said the police told him? Didn't Tracy Martin also demonstrate where Trayon was laying when he was shot, and the police said that information was not given to Tracy?

How would the "cops" know what Trayvon said?

I believe GZ's dad said he said, "homie". This makes me believe that their friend Joe Oliver may have come up with that scenario. He is after all the resident black friend. He looks to be in his late 30's early 40's which would put him in the "homie" era. Being that he is out of touch with black youngsters he doesn't realize that they now use cali terms alot like "dude". Now, if he said, (like TM girlfriend said TM said, "there is a dude following me") that TM had said, "what's up dude" that would have been more believable.

What made me even more suspicious was when GZ's dad said that TM said to GZ after he was shot "you got me". I seriously doubt any words uttered out of that poor child's mouth after being shot. It was a close shot so he most likely died instanly and judging from his screams on the 911 calls he would not have uttered "you shot me" or "you got me" after being shot so close. Horrific.

This wasn't the screams of just any human being or animal, it was the screams of a child. How does someone decide which children are worth advocating for?

Exactly. The screams of a child. A child. What separates him from the rest? Color? Here you have a child screaming out for help and then after the shot you hear nothing else. Now if the screaming had continued after the shot I might be willing to entertain the thought that it was GZ but.....IMO, Tray feared for his life and you could here it in his voice.

The fact still remains that Tray was a child and murdered. You would think a child advocate would help support this murdered child but I guess they advocate for some but not all. Again I ask..... what separated Tray from the rest?

All moo

Zimmerman told the Police TM said homie, the police told Tracy Martin that, so no it wasn't a leak IMO

So it's from Zimmerman to the police and then Tracy Martin. Thanks. That's not hearsay to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member