17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure GZ has a more keen eye then I because he was watching for a ong time.
(I was just in a store, but how did I know? HOW? just a feeling really).

You have no way of knowing what TM was doing, not doing.
Nobody has that information at all. Maybe George felt as I felt in that store.

Well, it's beyond tragic that a young black man has been shot dead based on a 'feeling'. MOO

OK now you can compare GZ.
FIRST Let’s look at both accurately, not selectively.
I see TM a bit differently, then your description:
TM's pot bag was not always empty. LOL
TM's locker was found with a screw driver and Ladies Jewelry, hmmm.
TM has gold teeth... allows for judgment here too.
Was sent home from school for the 3rd time, 10 days is never a first timer.

Seriously? We can judge Trayvon because he had a gold grill on in 1 of his pictures. Boy, I better tell my 13-year-old to make sure she never wears her homemade grill made out of a gum wrapper outside of the house.

~jmo~

The school didn't suspend him because they couldn't PROVE the jewelry was stolen - they did confiscate it, and funny, no one came forward to claim it as the rightful owner. That speaks completely for itself - no one insisted on having it back.

He was suspended in February for the pot bag and paraphernalia, as I recall. I don't know when the incident of spray painting WTF on school property occurred.

Well, we really don't know what happened with the jewelry, only that he was not suspended for it and that his parents were never notified. TM claimed the jewelry belonged to someone else, which I believe could be true based on the fact that his parents were never called. If the school authorities were able to locate who the jewelry belonged to and that person was a minor they cannot release that information to the media. They will not tell us what the resolution was with the jewelry and they certainly have that information. Not releasing it would indicate there was someone else involved and they will not release that information because of the fact they are a minor. Plus it has nothing to do with what happened to TM. jmo

Zimmerman was not supposed to be a "watchman." He had no job in the neighborhood to learn from. What is so hard to understand about that. He was not supposed to do any patrolling, he was not supposed to be doing rounds, he was not supposed to be "sizing people up" because he had no job.

~jmo~

OK not a paid job a volunteer. Excuse me.
He was part of the Neigborhood watch, and if you see something you say something.
the rest went over the top somehow, but we do not yet know how.

(Whatever I volunteer for I consider my job).

Well, we really don't know what happened with the jewelry, only that he was not suspended for it and that his parents were never notified. TM claimed the jewelry belonged to someone else, which I believe could be true based on the fact that his parents were never called. If the school authorities were able to locate who the jewelry belonged to and that person was a minor they cannot release that information to the media. They will not tell us what the resolution was with the jewelry and they certainly have that information. Not releasing it would indicate there was someone else involved and they will not release that information because of the fact they are a minor. Plus it has nothing to do with what happened to TM. jmo

the way I read it TM caimed the Jewelry was his friends but he refused to tell them who's.

The way chose I see it is; if you have nothing to hide - you dont hide it.

Hmmm. I had stuff stolen, I never knew whom to go insist that I want my stuff back.

Whoever is missing their Jewelry may be in a house a mile away from the school.
MAYBE IF THE POLICE had a web site with pictures of all stolen goods they may come forward.

Did you file a police report? The link I posted several threads back said that LE could not match the jewelry to any reported stolen items.

That is not proof that it wasn't stolen, but they did look into it and found nothing. That's a far cry from a DV injunction and an arrest for assaulting LE.

ETA: not to mention that there is no allegation that TM was stealing anything or doing anything else illegal on 2/26.

But do those things make Trayvon a criminal? Were there any charges, juvenile or otherwise? How many other students worldwide have been caught with pot in a bag or an empty baggie that contained pot? There is no proof that Trayvon stole the jewelry and there were no charges. How many others have gold teeth? How many other students worldwide have been suspended from school more than twice? None of this warrants his death by another as being justified. Sorry, I don't see people superficially, I have tried in my life and career to believe that when I look into another's eyes, I am looking into the eyes of God and treat them accordingly.

If we are looking at character reference we should look at both of them and not selectively, and with no omissions.

No it does not warrant anyone to be dead.

But we have to look straight on: and straight on is not a young boy and a fat man. NO :nono:
As I see it that is called navigating public opinion. That does not make for straight talk.
I too like looking into someone’s eyes when I speak to them, not always as easy as we think when
the other party is looking over your head, on the floor and wherever. but that too tells me something.

It seems to me that Corey has been pretty clear she won't be using the GJ process, but will arrive at whatever decision herself.

That's not what she has said at all.

"Our process in every case is that we utilize a grand jury for indictment in investigations if we need them," Corey responded. "We may or may not need them, and we'll know that in a couple of weeks."

In other interviews, she again suggested that she may not wait for a grand jury to act. With protesters across the country calling for Zimmerman's arrest, Corey's every comment is being analyzed.

Corey declared this week that she's done talking for now. But Floridians who have worked with Corey, or watched her career, still have plenty to say.

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/31/149685179/in-trayvon-martin-case-attorney-also-scrutinized

Hmmm. I had stuff stolen, I never knew whom to go insist that I want my stuff back.

Whoever is missing their Jewelry may be in a house a mile away from the school.
MAYBE IF THE POLICE had a web site with pictures of all stolen goods they may come forward.

If you have jewelry stolen you report it to the police. They ask for a description. Kids don't just steal what they know is good, they tend to take it all so you would know it was missing and what the good stuff is. Even if you only remembered two or three items it would be enough for them to call you and check if any of the jewelry was yours. Whenever you lose that jewelry you claim it on your insurance if it's of any value.

If they had a website with pictures anyone could claim it was their jewelry. LE usually will ask..."Was there also a necklace that is missing and can you describe it?" They don't let you see it unless you can describe it in detail. jmo

If we are looking at character reference we should look at both of them and not selectively, and with no omissions.

Why does TM need a character reference to be allowed to walk down a public street?

jmo, imo and all that jazz

the way I read it TM caimed the Jewelry was his friends but he refused to tell them who's.

The way chose I see it is; if you have nothing to hide - you dont hide it.

Maybe TM thought his friend had something to hide and he was not going to "narc" him out. It would be for his friend to come forward and say something. Shows some character in his relationship to his friends and it appears someone did come forward about the jewelry because he was not suspended for the jewelry nor was he arrested. jmo

Well, it's beyond tragic that a young black man has been shot dead based on a 'feeling'. MOO

I don't think he was shot because of a "feeling". He was shot to prevent Zimmerman's head from being further pounded, IMHO.

Did you file a police report? The link I posted several threads back said that LE could not match the jewelry to any reported stolen items.

That is not proof that it wasn't stolen, but they did look into it and found nothing. That's a far cry from a DV injunction and an arrest for assaulting LE.

ETA: not to mention that there is no allegation that TM was stealing anything or doing anything else illegal on 2/26.

Yes I did file, never found.
It happens. Just as the jewelry at Trayvons Locker was not identified.

Who knew a "grill" and a school suspension made someone deserving of being stalked and murdered? i guess the fact that he came from a good family, his dad lived in a good neighborhood and was willing to take TM when he was on suspension, was active in his church, participated in football for YEARS which takes tons of hard work and discipline and had alot of people around that truly loved him Does NOT matter in the least bit...
Very sad that people in the world I share my life with (as does my own son) still feel this way...

Maybe TM thought his friend had something to hide and he was not going to "narc" him out. It would be for his friend to come forward and say something. Shows some character in his relationship to his friends and it appears someone did come forward about the jewelry because he was not suspended for the jewelry nor was he arrested. jmo

If they had found the jewelry's rightful owner, and this was all a misunderstanding, I'm SURE that would have been mentioned by Trayvon's supporters. The article I read said it hadn't been resolved.

He wasn't arrested because no one knows whose the jewelry is - whoever owns it was never found.

As are many of our perceptions due to media outrage, and misinformation.

I find it ironic that some of the same people say that by looking at GZ history the know this or that.
But that looking at Trayvon history has nothing to do with this case.
SORRY
Can’t have it both ways.

Trayvon was a CHILD. GZ is a GROWN MAN who had many more years' life experience than Trayvon and thus a more fully formed character. It is fair to draw conclusions from previous actions GZ took as a GROWNUP, and from those conclusions make a reasonable inference as to what his motivations were in this situation, what action he took, and whether his story is at all believable. Kids, like Trayvon, have not had enough experience to develop a consistent response to things in their lives -- they are always testing limits, asserting their independence, sometimes in a way that adults (and those same kids later, as adults) recognize is not well-advised. This is why there is a clear demarcation in the law in the way we treat minors and those of majority age. GZ had *11 years* of life experience on Trayvon,10 years of which involved decisionmaking as an adult, time in which to take action and learn the consequences of such action. In addition, NOTHING this child is alleged to have done previously (and there have only been vague rumblings of these things, without citation, that I have seen, at least) even COMES CLOSE to exhibiting the level of violence and rage that police reports and witnesses have shown GZ is capable of. This is why, IMO, the prior acts of GZ are relevant, and those of Trayvon, a child, are not.

I don't think he was shot because of a "feeling". He was shot to prevent Zimmerman's head from being further pounded, IMHO.

But what led to the altercation which may (or may not) have resulted in GZ's head being pounded? George's 'feeling' that Trayvon was up to no good. That was my point.

Is that even physically possible? To shoot someone while they are lying flat on top of you while using both hands (which you would have to with someone who has no hair) to bang your head and then be able to get your gun out and shoot that person without risking shooting yourself??? There is a spot in the middle of a male's body that could render him helpless in seconds but GZ risked going for his gun????? My "feeling" is TM was trying to get away and GZ pulled the gun out and they both panicked. jmo

Why does TM need a character reference to be allowed to walk down a public street?

jmo, imo and all that jazz

NO not to walk... lol

As people are looking into George's background, they have also looked into Trayvons background.
But they seem to make George look like a monster for things that happened over 10 years ago when he was about Trayvons age.
YET as they look at Trayvons history they seem to call it all "nothing".

I DO NOT....
I do not see squeaky clean on either side. I feel both should be taken into account rather than vilifying one and saintifying another.

I feel all should be part of a thourough investigation.

OK not a paid job a volunteer. Excuse me.
He was part of the Neigborhood watch, and if you see something you say something.
the rest went over the top somehow, but we do not yet know how.

(Whatever I volunteer for I consider my job).

Yes, you say something. Period. You do not take it further than that. You say something to LE, the ones who are paid to take care of it. You call them and step aside. Period.

Songline, I know that you made several posts earlier criticizing the media, so I want to say something briefly about that: I'm glad the media brought this case to my attention, and I'm glad that Trayvon's family accomplished that by demanding answers. If not for them and the media, we would not have known about this case. It raises many important questions that must be talked about. That's the only way we can learn and progress.

All IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member