17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that!

IMO some of those kids do things with no fear of being caught let alone being jailed for something. I have witnessed this firsthand......Some of them feel they can do no wrong because they're connected to the law. They view themselves as being ABOVE THE LAW. Sad but true.

Or like this one from Sanford ; )
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-01-03/news/os-sanford-police-homeless-attack-20110103_1_justin-collison-sherman-ware-jerry-hargrett
One of the partygoers told a deputy, "Collison bragged all night that his father was Sanford law enforcement and that he could blow anyone's head off and get away with it," according to the incident report.

Thank you Adrienne! LOL that put me in my place with what I was thinking the reason was!!! I was soooo wrong!

Can you please explain what you mean? I see a very short article saying that he was expelled due to safety concerns for GZ and the other students. When I read you and Adrienne's posts, I don't see any disagreement between the posts and the article. TIA!

IMO that's all the more reason to start a confrontation.....

You got a gun AND your family works with the law....

I think GZ has seen that as an advantage for a very long time.....but that's just my opinion.

Then why now? what was he waiting for?
He had family working in Law always.
Why hasnt he gone out and shot people before?

Yet he had several complaints of physical violence against him including a plea deal to attend anger management if what we've read is correct. He may have known better, but it didn't seem to matter to much to him in the past, why would that night be any different? I can't wrap my head around how his behavior would be any different with or without a gun. If anything I would think he would have more nerve/moxie with the gun than without it.

As always jmo

As a side question, someone said something a while back that he was expelled or asked to leave the college he was attending due to safety issues.....was that accurate and if so is there an article anywhere that details what thats about?
As reported in the orlando sentinel he was withdrawn by the college because of safety concerns for other students and for GZ.
GZ had no choice in this.
He was not in the criminal justice program. He earned an insurance certificate a few years ago, enrolled 3 years ago in the general education program.
The talk about being in the criminal justice program is not true.
JMO

Yes, and your post got me thinking. They are going to have to clarify this law because otherwise, we really do have a situation where someone can claim fear and if there are no witnesses, kill girlfriends or boyfriends, husbands or wives, people they dislike, co-workers they hate, etc.
Surely Florida does not want that so I venture to guess this law will be interpreted in a manner less favorable to Zimmerman.

If she had said Trayvon was aggressive, would you believe that? Are her statements only not credible because they do not conform with what you believe?

There is no reason for this kid to lie. She was apparently so traumatized by learning of the death of her boyfriend after witnessing his last moments on earth, that she had to be hospitalized. Doesn't sound like a conniving liar to me. There is zero evidence that she is a liar or otherwise not credible.

Apparently some question her veracity.

I wanted to add to the discussion as to who the aggressor would likely be. I have mentioned this repeatedly, but Zimmerman was the one who said, "These a$$holes always get away." And called "these a$$holes" "f&*king punks."

He's also the one who, after making those statements, followed the "a$$hole", even though the dispatcher indicated he did not need to do that.

He's also the one with an arrest and charges for a violent crime in his past.

He's also the one whose ex girlfriend alleged he was violent towards her.

He also the one who people complained about to LE and the HOA due to his "aggressiveness".

Finally, he's the one who repeatedly called police, over various, silly things and who wanted to be a cop, but for some reason, could not.

On the other hand, no one who has encountered Trayvon has stepped forward to say he was an aggressive person. In fact, the opposite is true. And his family seem like quiet, humble people to me.

Further, his girlfriend said he was scared and trying to get away, not confronting or angry.

Thus, taking everything as a whole, it is simply not logical to find the words of a man who wants to avoid prison, credible. Zimmerman is the logical aggressor, not Trayvon.

Just brilliant!

People sometimes forget that we are talking probability here- connecting the dots, not possibility- attributing all sorts of illogical and scattershot reasons because it's all possible in some relativistic place. No. The weighting of facts speaks for itself and is necessary in a normal and civilised society. IMO. *off my soapbox*

There is zero information about her.
We know non other then she reported an incident over 3 weeks later.
The first person she heard from is Mr. Martin.
A LOT COULD HAVE HAPPENED that we do not know. My imagination is active.

Her statement was reported to the media three weeks later. That does not mean she stayed silent that whole time. I don't recall anything about when she actually made that statement or when she first called police.

But if she failed to try to call Trayvon back or call her parents or tell a friend or call police or anything, after what she heard on the phone, with Trayvon, I do find it odd. (Although I do seem to recall that she tried to call Trayvon back and got no answer).

Nevertheless, in any case, there will be discrepancies that can never be explained.

However, I do have a supposition. She may not have realized the seriousness of the situation until after she found Trayvon had been killed. She may have been puzzled, even worried, but not to the extent that she would break that wall of silence kids often have when it comes to involving parents or adult authority figures in things that happen to them. Then, after she realized he was killed following what she heard, she was overcome and had to be hospitalized, perhaps even feeling guilt that she didn't do more, or whatever. But, that is pure speculation.

I am interested in discrepancies and they need to be examined but again, I look at the facts as a whole and to me, they point to Zimmerman as the probable aggressor, not Trayvon.

Out in left field question, for anyone who knows..

Is it against the law to lie on your application for a concealed carry permit?

The reason I am wondering is if he had to take anger management wouldn't that be something you need to disclose? Don't you have to have a clean mental history to get one of those? Just wondering out loud how he got one?

I have a feeling that his records are clean.
I too wanted to understand how he got a gun if he is so overzealous.

Then why now? what was he waiting for?
He had family working in Law always.
Why hasnt he gone out and shot people before?

Since you raised the question, why do you think he didn't go out and shoot people before?

As reported in the orlando sentinel he was withdrawn by the college because of safety concerns for other students and for GZ.
GZ had no choice in this.
JMO

I hope he stays far away from ever wanting to work in LE unless he wants to be a corrections officer... that way, we'll know he's dealing with actual criminals!

MOO

I have a feeling that his records are clean.
I too wanted to understand how he got a gun if he is so overzealous.

We know his criminal record is clean? He was never held accountable for two of his violent incidents and pled to the FELONY aggravated assault on a LE officer.

There is something here that is not working for me at all. She said she called LE and they did not call her back.
She speaks to Trayvon for hours multiple times a day every day and that night no call back from Trayvon.
the next day, the next day....Why didn’t she go into her local police station?
Tell them she tried to reach LE no call back and she is worried sick.

Mr. Martin got the bill after learning about what had happened and by looking at the bill HE IS the one
who figured out it was Trayvons Girl friend’s number. How did he figure it out? The numbers on a bill
do not have names...You just dial the number and BINGO.

Her report to the police was 3 weeks after the incident. YES she was contacted.

IMHO we so not and will not know since the police had not talked with her FIRST! What is fact.
She is 15. The fact her and her mother tried to contact LE and were ignored, speaks volumes. I put that error on LE, not the 15 year old and her Mom.

Can you please explain what you mean? I see a very short article saying that he was expelled due to safety concerns for GZ and the other students. When I read you and Adrienne's posts, I don't see any disagreement between the posts and the article. TIA!

I was thinking if the story was true that he got expelled due to his anger issues. I did not write what I was thinking before I read the story. I read the article and was wrong in what I was thinking. Thats all.

imo

Just brilliant!

People sometimes forget that we are talking probability here- connecting the dots, not possibility- attributing all sorts of illogical and scattershot reasons because it's all possible in some relativistic place. No. The weighting of facts speaks for itself and is necessary in a normal and civilised society. IMO. *off my soapbox*

But in a court of law the SA will have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Witness saw TM on top of GZ and that it was GZ that screamed. That right there is reasonable doubt.

We know his criminal record is clean? He was never held accountable for two of his violent incidents and pled to the FELONY aggravated assault on a LE officer.

Yep, I'd say that GZ has been very lucky in the past. It looks like that luck is about to come to an end.

Yep, I'd say that GZ has been very lucky in the past. It looks like that luck is about to come to an end.

Thank Goodness. He needed to have been off the streets a long time ago and hopefully he will stay locked up for the rest of his life.

~jmo~

Her statement was reported to the media three weeks later. That does not mean she stayed silent that whole time. I don't recall anything about when she actually made that statement or when she first called police.

But if she failed to try to call Trayvon back or call her parents or tell a friend or call police or anything, after what she heard on the phone, with Trayvon, I do find it odd. (Although I do seem to recall that she tried to call Trayvon back and got no answer).

Nevertheless, in any case, there will be discrepancies that can never be explained.

However, I do have a supposition. She may not have realized the seriousness of the situation until after she found Trayvon had been killed. She may have been puzzled, even worried, but not to the extent that she would break that wall of silence kids often have when it comes to involving parents or adult authority figures in things that happen to them. Then, after she realized he was killed following what she heard, she was overcome and had to be hospitalized, perhaps even feeling guilt that she didn't do more, or whatever. But, that is pure speculation.

I am interested in discrepancies and they need to be examined but again, I look at the facts as a whole and to me, they point to Zimmerman as the probable aggressor, not Trayvon.

So you think he got out of his car, went between the buildings where there are plenty of windows (where he can be seen to start a fight) and put his hands on Trayvon? I can’t see him doing that.
I can see that Travon was either afraid of the man who followed him and was going to SHOW him, or was Already Pizzed that he was not in Miami with his GF but up there with Dad, and now this guy is on his behind and he said to himself I am going to stop the MF.... he did not care if there are windows up there.
:moo::moo::moo:

THE GF - she signed a report with LE then the media got on it.
Somewhere between the third week and the first day a lot did happen.
and the first person to discover her was Mr. Martin.

I once was an office manager for a law firm 5 floors of lawyers.
they wanted to pay to send me to law school I was in my 20"s.

Is MOM going to be OK?

I don't know what acronym we should use for him! LOL Works for now, but might get confusing later on.

I will brainstorm with the other mods and come up with a players' list of acronyms so we can all be on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0