17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ground....concrete...whatever. Sorry I used the wrong word. :rolleyes:
Whatever? It is the key to Georges SYG claim and from the pictures released so far his claim to getting his head beat over and over on the concrete is not true.

You don't need an x-ray or an MRI to diagnose a broken nose. You don't have to be in a hospital setting to determine whether or not a wound would require stitches.

[B]The state has said GZ's INJURIES are not consistent with other evidence. Somehow, they know about the injuries in order to make that statement.[/QUOTE][/B]

BBM

I've never read that statement by the state. Can you point me to it so I can read up on this? TIA

I thought for sure at the bond hearing that Gilbreath testified that GZ's head injury was consistent with being hit with something harder than his head or something like that. Then MOM ask him if concrete would be consistent with the head injury on GZ and Gilbreath said yes.

No and I believe that CNN transcript has all of George's testimony.
<BBM>
Okay, thanks. I've searched that page for "circle" "circling" "3 times" "three times," etc... no luck. Maybe it's not in GZ's testimony, but that of the investigator. I'm sure you heard it somehow. Still listening to the whole darn thing, but I'm worried I'll miss it. IMO

Link: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.02.html
(Can't find it in this transcript.)

Interesting what comes up though, when I searched for the word "around."

--

P.S. Listening to the hearing, I just heard Galbraith very clearly state "we have shell casings," plural, not singular.

Here's where I'm listening; it's at 1:38:15.
http://www.wral.com/news/video/11004815/#/vid11004815
HTH

It's the same picture on ABC's web site, not a screen cap from video. This picture was submitted to them - I presume they stuck their logo over it to claim ownership of the scoop.

Do you suspect that maybe ABC thought it was too graphic, or that it was done to keep the extent of his injuries private for trial? Wouldn't they have mentioned that when they released it?

No, the picture just looks like it was taken as a screencap from a video which would affect the lossiness of it. And the resolution might be different in the original; it appears to be at least cropped or shrunk in the ABC release.

It looks like it might have been taken using a cellphone. I wonder what model.

I was just wondering if it could be possible that since you were switching back and forth, what you heard could have been SA asking GZ whether he had stated 3 times (i.e. in the 3 statements to LE), that TM had run around his truck?

(Regardless, I'll keep looking for the "circled 3 times" in the hearing videos...)

This is what I found on the bond hearing video at 1:46:40. Prosecutor De La Rionda asked this question.
"Did he, Mr Zimmerman, the defendant, at one point claim to the police that he was scared because Mr Martin started circling his car"?

Investigator Gilbreath answered with "Yes".

http://www.wral.com/news/video/11004815/#/vid11004815

Just to weigh in on the apology issue. IMO, GZ wanted to express condolence to TM's parents. It was completely against his best interest to do so at this time (as opposed to during sentencing as others have suggested) and to do so in a courtroom on the witness stand. And, IMO, it humanizes him. Whatever the words, whatever the venue, IMO, it showed that the man has compassion. Feel free to throw the rotten veggies, but that's JMHO.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

IMHO.. I viewed his statement to the family as being self serving and IMHO that demonizes him.... JMHOOTS

BBM

Perhaps we could get one of our verified attorneys to chime in on how common these practices are before we accuse the innocent until proven guilty Mr. Zimmerman of recieving special treatment.

Personally myself, I'm sick of all the SPECIAL treatment he is receiving thus far. 1) A suit to his bail hearing, 2) his family being able to call in their testimony, 3) his being allowed to leave the state of Florida while out on bail.

~jmo~

That seems odd to me also. If he really wanted to stay hidden I'm sure he could in FL. Its not like the rest of the USA doesn't at least watch HLN :rolleyes:

---------------
Hi! maybe K. could take him in......:woohoo::floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :seeya:

Whatever? It is the key to Georges SYG claim and from the pictures released so far his claim to getting his head beat over and over on the concrete is not true.

Having your head beat on "the ground" is less threatening?

IMHO.. I viewed his statement to the family as being self serving and IMHO that demonizes him.... JMHOOTS

I agree not to mention the fact that he couldn't even bother to tell the truth in his statement either. Good grief, the first couple of sentences out of his mouth and he lied.

~jmo~

is not relevant to their case. My feeling all along has been that the evidence can likely show that GZ was not engaged in a lawful activity prior to the encounter. This does not depend on not following the instructions of the operator but that lend support to the point that GZ intended to detain TM until the police arrived. There is no other reason to follow him with a gun except to prevent this a%^hole from getting away like the others, in his mind, had. I think his story will not be credible with the evidence and timeline. I think it will be shown that his story was fabricated this ruining his credibility and that it was developed to cover up his crime of both attempting to detain and then to kill TM. Once TM did not have a weapon or stolen goods on him as GZ believed he had to make up a story, hence the TM "jumped" him while he was innocently returning to his car.

That is the point that MOM was making in court. The state had never even asked for medical reports from GZ before charging him.

I just played around with my iPhone's flash and camera in a dark room, awkwardly reaching around the back of my head to see what happened.

While I have short hair, I don't have a mostly-bald head like Zimmerman does. In spite of this, I can still see where the part of my scalp directly affected by the flash is a white, similar to what is seen in the picture. As for whether it would wash out blood, I'm not sure. That's why I want to see the original picture - sometimes things can be salvaged even if they're over or underexposed, but it requires a fairly high resolution image to do so.

So, from my dorky experiment, I'd say that the whiteness isn't really a big deal, but I'm not sure that any blood would have been hidden by it. The blood may very well have that odd horizontal pattern to it.

So you see this as a completely legitimate and unedited photo, and personally feel that it's fully representative of Zimmerman's injuries on the night in question despite its obvious flaws, contentious origin, and nonexistent credentials?
:what: I'll repeat what I said: I believe it is legit and I don't see anything suspicious about the image. JMO

To clarify, your entire statement "So you see this as..." <bbm> is your wording and not mine. JMO

you are correct, the line IS too high to be a hat tan line...however...as I didnt watch any appearances of GZ so I've only seen his front...has he got a bald spot? cause it could be that..if the wound on him is about parallell to the top of the head, that and his brush cut (dark hair over the rest of the head) could explain why it isnt all over exposed - that's dependant if he has a bald spot - anyone notice?

eta bbm not necessarily! depending where the light was coming from - was it a phone cam with flash on, does anyone know? streetlights?

Looks like they might have used a camera with a flash, but that's just opinion.

I also don't know if he has a bald spot. I can't find very many views of the back of his head. There was actually a really clear view of the back of his head at one point when he was first taken into custody; I'll see if I can find it.

zimmerman.jpg

Still, even from this view he doesn't appear to have much of a bald spot, if any. From the front he looks like his hairline might be receding a bit, but that's not particularly relevant.

Until someone proves to me it's fake, I'm going to take the pic at face value, that it's GZ and his injuries. I'm not really sure why this is still being debated, the detective testified he had injuries to the back of the head yesterday.

I'm sorry but there is no swelling on any part of his head in the video at the police station.

~jmo~

ITA

FWIW, I don't know if that picture is real or not but....

First, I could care less about some pics of GZ bumps and bruises...He should've had those injures after being in a life or death situation. Tray was fighting for his life and standing his ground. GZ should've "survived" with more injures than that if you ask me.

Second, looking at that picture and then seeing GZ at the police station, i just can't believe we're looking at some serious injures. IMO, if the cuts on the back of his head was bleeding that badly that would mean the wounds were open, right? I can't see EMTs not covering the wounds to avoid infections. GZ didn't have anything covering these wounds while at the police station.

WTH was even in their right minds to think about taking a picture moments after the shooting?

Somethings not right.....jmo

No, the picture just looks like it was taken as a screencap from a video which would affect the lossiness of it. And the resolution might be different in the original; it appears to be at least cropped or shrunk in the ABC release.

It looks like it might have been taken using a cellphone. I wonder what model.

So, to be clear, are you saying you think this wasn't originally a photo, but a video, and that ABC was given a screen cap from a video? I'm not altogether sure that they would have opted to release a photo if they had a video they could show instead. And why shrink it when a bigger photo would show all the "gory" details? I guess I just don't have that much faith in the decency of the media - I think they'll do anything for ratings, IMHO, and video like that would be too much for them to resist.

Until someone proves to me it's fake, I'm going to take the pic at face value, that it's GZ and his injuries. I'm not really sure why this is still being debated, the detective testified he had injuries to the back of the head yesterday.
And to me that picture just proves GZ was NOT in a fight for his life..And had no reason to shoot TM....IMHO JMHO and all that

How do we know they didn't? JMO

By the time MOM took over the defense, it was too late....

Mark M. O’Mara, Mr. Zimmerman’s lawyer, said he had asked that Mr. Zimmerman be allowed to apologize privately to the parents, but the request was rebuffed. He said Mr. Zimmerman wanted to answer the three questions that he had heard Mr. Martin’s mother raise during a television interview.

“He answered very specifically the three questions posed by the mother: Why haven’t you apologized? Did you know he was a teenager? And did you know he was unarmed?” Mr. O’Mara said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/21/us/george-zimmerman-bail-hearing.html?_r=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member