17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that during one span of his redirect questioning of Investigator Gilbreath, Attorney O’Mara repeated the contention that his client had turned and was “walking towards his car” a total of SEVEN times in a matter of minutes. It’s clearly a part of the core of the defense strategy that’s now locked into the record and will be a point that will be driven to a jury.

Did it ever cross this attorney’s mind that a jury might wonder just exactly how far his client may have “followed” Trayvon before “turning back” towards his car?

Does this attorney not understand that GZ told LE that he had turned back towards his car at [07:12:00 pm] after being told “We don’t need you to do that”?

Does he not comprehend that George Zimmerman shot Trayvon FIVE MINUTES later at [07:16:41 pm] and was TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY THREE FEET from his car?

TMChasePursue.png

Does this this attorney not understand that George Zimmerman got out of his vehicle at [07:11:42 pm] and in his own statements to LE, says he only followed Trayvon for EIGHTEEN SECONDS?

IMO, once the jury wraps their minds around the fact that this “went back towards his car” after 18 seconds, clearly could not have happened, pictures that show up of an alleged little “boo boo” on George’s head, TWO MONTHS after the SFD EMT’s cleared him for transport in a matter of minutes, aren’t going to play a significant role in their verdict.

TMCleared-1-1.png

I think they will be able to readily see that George Zimmerman didn’t stand his ground, he CHASED it. They will see that his “ground” was an unarmed 17 year old kid who had broken no laws and was just trying to go home.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30

I'm slow catching up here, but I had to relay what an excellent post this was.
If you happen to see this, PaPa, could you tell me what program you used for that measurement?

Also: not long after the above post was quoted, someone mention a 'Dr. F" ? who had an enlarged photo of the bloody head that showed clearly a phone. If that's available, and/or someone could post that again, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks kindly.

Superb work, sleuths! :)

I have no issues with the times given by the officers. jjenny has questions about when the officers arrived on scene and why GZ is on the phone and not in handcuffs. I am offering up a possible explanation.

I am simply saying that I believe it is possible the officer arrived on scene at apx 19:17 and that the photo could have been taken before the officer realized GZ had shot Trayvon and put him in handcuffs.

MOO

The officer did not have to ask questions GZ volunteered right away that he had shot TM. jmo

I'm slow catching up here, but I had to relay what an excellent post this was.
If you happen to see this, PaPa, could you tell me what program you used for that measurement?

Also: not long after the above post was quoted, someone mention a 'Dr. F" ? who had an enlarged photo of the bloody head that showed clearly a phone. If that's available, and/or someone could post that again, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks kindly.

Superb work, sleuths! :)

Google Earth has the measurement scale in the tool bar at the top of their screen.

And then he exited a car and canvassed the area. Clearly he considers the whole complex a "scene."

A scene is a scene to an officer. He would not announce he was at the scene driving through the gate. The officer's have a radio on their uniform shoulder which enables them to notify the dispatcher that they are on the scene of the shooting. It's not 1964 where they have to report from their car. The reason for reporting arrival at the "scene" is for accuracy when doing their reports. At the time of the shooting 911 was getting calls from numerous addresses so their arrival at the scene would have been in back of the homes and where the body was located. jmo

I worry about that too. I worry about his mental state and what he might do out on bail. I actually want him to make it to trial. I just don't think a release on bail is going to be good for him. I know how I feel about him, but I do think he has some mental issues and may decide to take his life while out on bail. It's got to be depressing for him, no gun, no passport, an ankle monitor and a 7am to 6pm curfew. I just don't see how he's going to be fine with that for one to two years before this gets to trial (and that's according to his own lawyer).

Indications are that he will NOT (IMO, MOO, JMOO etc.) adhere to the rules of his release. He has NOT followed his former "legal advisors" instructions, he did NOT follow the rules of neighborhood watch, he did NOT follow the instructions of the dispatcher, he did NOT follow the instructions of the undercover officer that he assaulted, etc.

What happens when he continually violates the rules of his release.....his curfew, not contacting the Martin family which he appears to be obsessed with doing, and anything else that he decides he wants to do ?

jmo....again

I watched the bond hearing. I don't recall hearing any whining.
His family are doing what they can.

They are not charged with any crimes.
They are family.

I'm not sure why everyone is always so critical of them.

Yea, that's kind of the way we feel when Trayvon's family is trashed but major difference, Trayvon's family are victims and Zimmerman's family is not.

~jmo~

Tricia Griffith's in her Websleuths radio podcast stated (around the 36:00 minute mark) she had just read inconsistencies in Trayon's GF's tweets from the day of the shooting and the day after that did not square with the gf being concerned about Trayvon's well-being after the abrupt end of their phone call on the night of the shooting. TG did not cite a source for this information, and I was curious if it is credible. Has anyone else heard of these supposed tweets?

Yes, and honestly, I was a bit stunned and saddened that that was said, and said as if it was proof.

That info came from a political blog, and it's the same blog that claims they had another big 'gotcha', they claim to be the ones who figured out that the phone bill times were all PST, and that it proves that Crump was lying. It was brought up here, discussed, and thankfully, it didn't take long at all for wonderful sleuthers here to figure out that was bogus, that the default is PST and that their Florida time zone was entered on the top of the page.

I have link to the site but we can't link it here, but I wouldn't link to it even if we could, it is filled with a lot of innacuracies and takes great liberties and leaps in what they 'claim' to be the truth.

JMHO

Yea, that's kind of the way we feel when Trayvon's family is trashed but major difference, Trayvon's family are victims and Zimmerman's family is not.

~jmo~

Agreed.

The audacity...:banghead:

~jmo~

Excuse me??? I think if you review the TOS it clearly states that families, either the victim or the defendant's, are not to get trashed. At this point they are all innocent.

Yes, and honestly, I was a bit stunned and saddened that that was said as if it was proof.

That info came from a political blog, and it's the same blog that claims they were the ones who figured out that the phone bill times were all PST, and that it proves that Crump was lying. It was brought here, and thankfully, it didn't take long at all for wonderful sleuthers here to figure out that was bogus, that the default is PST and that their Florida time zone was entered on the top of the page.

I have link to the site but we can't link it here, but I wouldn't link to it even if we could, it is filled with a lot of innacuracies and takes great liberties and leaps in what they 'claim' to be the truth.

JMHO

Are you serious? This was discussed on the radio program? That's a little disgusting especially considering the GF is nothing more than a child herself.

~jmo~

"Beating up" is not more strong than "wrestling?" :waitasec:

----
The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.[/I
]

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

I am referring to the original, time of event, statements and descriptive words used in the 911 calls. "John" has added stronger words after the fact and only after GZ was questioned and released.

Yes, and honestly, I was a bit stunned and saddened that that was said as if it was proof.

That info came from a political blog, and it's the same blog that claims they were the ones who figured out that the phone bill times were all PST, and that it proves that Crump was lying. It was brought here, and thankfully, it didn't take long at all for wonderful sleuthers here to figure out that was bogus, that the default is PST and that their Florida time zone was entered on the top of the page.

JMHO

One thing about the PST...if the calls were listed in PST, wouldn't Trayvon have already been dead when the calls were made?

You have to look at it as Florida is 3 hours ahead of Cali...If the phone bill says 7 PM PST, it's really 10 PM EST.

I think people here had it backwards, saying the call happened at 4 PM PST.

It doesn't make sense, and yes, I'm glad people caught on to it as well!

I have some questions on the distances traveled as Concerned P had been working on:

1 - Has it ever been verified what TM's ultimate destination was that night?

2 - Has it been estimated what where TM's position was when GZ told the dispatcher 'he's running'?

3 - How far from was TM was his ultimate destination when GZ told the dispatcher 'he's running'?

~jmo~

I agree and I personally have never trashed TM's family.

Do 2 wrongs make some sort of twisted right?

Not in my opinion.

Donations are pouring in to help cover his legal fees which would naturally include posting bail.

Well, If donations are pouring in to help cover legal fees and post bail for a person who IMHO has proven he is a liar in regards to the events leading up to him killing an unarmed 17 year old kid,

THEN JUST...

:ufo:

There isn't too much intelligent life here and for the most part our society is proving it places no value on human life.. As I see it...Spiritually bankrupt..JMHO

< mod snip >

GZ finally felt he got his man...he is a detriment to himself....he never tried to render aid, didn't feel TM was injured, yet he uses hollow point bullets and must understand the damage they do...Poor TM, what his last moments alive must have been for him...I pray for justice...

I worry about juries down in Florida...they seem to be too conservative and don't use common sense or critical thinking...

I also feel OMara railroaded that 'bond' hearing as it appeared to be a mini trial on evidence not yet told to the courts...I feel he did this to see where the State is in the evidence department..But BDelaRionda has kept that close to him...he didn't blurt it out during this 'bond' hearing and will bring it on at trial, if there is one....Once OMara gets the discovery, he will then evaluate the options with GZ....

We don't know what the state has but we do now that GZ never returned to his vehicle, he was always in pursuit of TM...

How close, asked the judge, was the gun to the victim when it was fired?

So close, said Gilbreath, that there were burns on Trayvon's sweat shirt and skin.

Gilbreath also said the state had a witness who reported seeing the shadows of two people running, one chasing the other, but could not identify who they were.

Although Gilbreath offered little evidence Friday that portrayed Zimmerman as a murderer, he said he did have evidence proving him a liar.

Zimmerman gave authorities five statements, de la Rionda disclosed Friday. Sometimes they were inconsistent and contrary to physical evidence, Gilbreath said, although, he did not offer specifics.

In one version, Gilbreath said, Zimmerman said he was inside his vehicle and Trayvon was outside, circling it. Still, Zimmerman got out and followed the teenager, Gilbreath testified." De la Rionda told reporters after the hearing that prosecutors had not put on all of their evidence.

"You all can just wait until trial," he said.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-zimmerman-son

That bond hearing turned into a mini evidentary hearing, is my belief...so that the defense can see what the state had..but the Prosecutor has more than they let on...so, let the trial begin....:maddening:

I also believe the Zimmerman family misrepresented...dare I say lie???? They know he's a loose cannon...doesn't follow orders....does as he pleases kind of personality...it will hurt him at trial if those jurors don't leave their common sense at the door and use critical thinking...:maddening:

If he's got that kind of money donated to him...watch out for indigent status...he might not get that!

IMO If there are inconsistencies in the GF's story, MOM is going to have a field day with that on the stand.

Well, If donations are pouring in to help cover legal fees and post bail for a person who IMHO has proven he is a liar in regards to the events leading up to him killing an unarmed 17 year old kid,

THEN JUST...

:ufo:

There isn't too much intelligent life here and for the most part our society is proving it places no value on human life.. As I see it...Spiritually bankrupt..JMHO

I think some are donating not simply because they believe GZ, but the bigger picture of what GZ's side 'represents' (gun rights, SYG, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member