17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would there be to indicate it if there was something? Prints on the handle? Prints anywhere on the gun? Have we seen those forensics yet?

How about any one of GZ's 5 stories...did you hear that in either version?

He took the gun out and then continued to beat GZ, bang his head into the ground, while he was holding the gun at the same time? :waitasec:

Someone asked yesterday, just how many hands did this kid have?

I'm still trying to figure out what Trayvon was holding onto while he was banging GZ's head into the ground, GZ had no hair to grab, was he holding him by the ears, one handed while the gun was in the other hand?

How did GZ manage to get it away from him?

JMHO

Doesn't it also speak to how he views race then, considering he was trying to stand up for a homeless black man being beaten?

I think it does, but I think that it speaks more to his dislike of LE. Not that I can blame him. The Sanford Police Department, IMO, should be completely stripped and rebuilt.

MOO

Respectfully snipped

And didn't the police report say Trayvon was 6'0"? Trayvon must be the only person who continues to grow after death, I've seen some places claim he was as tall as 6'7".

JMHO

I know right! He gets taller and taller and heavier and heavier and GZ gets smaller and lighter as we go, before long it's gonna be poor David Gz against the Golliath TM

I don't know it was just a possible scenario, perhaps the gun was coming out as they were going to the ground. From what I understand it wasn't a very long fight.

LOL, anybody else, I was gonna add: while he was on the phone with his girlfriend? :floorlaugh: But I decided nah.....city will figure something out...:rocker:

What I find interesting about that is that he is praised for it, but black leaders who have organized the entire community of Sanford, and even the United States, are codemned for the same thing?

Was George trying to incite a riot by doing what he did?

MOO

That's because those black leaders have a history of inciting people in the past.

Well, I said 6'3, not sure where I got that from...I stand corrected...

No problem, sorry, it was directed personally at you. We just keep seeing so many different heights attributed to him.

IMO that is a leap to assume that, because GZ had just requested LE to send a car and was in fact still on the call with them, knowing that a car was on its way. He had no way of knowing when it would arrive. IMO there is no way that GZ, with his permit to carry a concealed weapon, would have removed his gun from the holster and take a chance that LE would arrive and see him with the gun out. That is why I don't believe that GZ ever anticipated a confrontation and certainly not a shooting.

I would agree with you IF GZ did not get out of his car and start doing the very job he called LE to do.

I think he had to kill Trayvon for the reason you mentioned. He had tried to detain him, probably by brandishing the gun, likely assaulted him, and knew he was going back to jail if this kid were to remain alive.

IDK, people are pretty particular about what they get up in arms about.

Yeah.. . but you never know. I don't think it's only the black community who care about what happened to Trayvon Martin, for instance.

IMO that is a leap to assume that, because GZ had just requested LE to send a car and was in fact still on the call with them, knowing that a car was on its way. He had no way of knowing when it would arrive. IMO there is no way that GZ, with his permit to carry a concealed weapon, would have removed his gun from the holster and take a chance that LE would arrive and see him with the gun out. That is why I don't believe that GZ ever anticipated a confrontation and certainly not a shooting.

that would be to presume a logical thought process when it is not likely that there was a logical thought process going on to begin with from someone who thought a kid walking down the street was suspicious...and if he was thinking that logically then WHY did he even shoot, since he said his head was off the concrete and he knew PD was on their way and in fact arrived within a minute of the gunshot.

Wow. I don't own a gun. I've never owned a gun. I've never had an interest in police work. But I recognize that people are different. Just because I can't imagine being armed, much less leaving my vehicle to follow someone while being armed, does not mean there are other people for whom that's perfectly normal.

Being in contact with the police the way GZ was means one of two things: an innocent mind, or an incredibly diabolical mind. Occam's Razor suggests the former.

I don't think it's either. I think Zimmerman has self esteem issues and anger issues. He wants to be involved in law enforcement. He took a police academy course for civilians, he takes criminal justice courses, he volunteered for neighborhood watch and he armed himself. I think he wanted to be a hero and show the police that he'd be a good candidate for the police force. I think he wanted to make his family and friends proud of him. (after all he held a graduation party for his family in December when he still had coursework to do), He was absolutely sure that Trayvon was a criminal; it never even crossed his mind that it could be otherwise, hence the frustrated "These expletive-deleteds always get away." And because of that he never told Trayvon that he was a Neighborhood Watch volunteer and asked him civilly if he lived in the neighborhood.

I think he was determined to hold this (in his mind) young criminal for the police and when Trayvon wouldn't cooperate a struggle ensued. I think he got angry when he couldn't easily get the better of Trayvon and he shot him. I don't think he was in fear of his life, I think he was just plain furious.

I don't think Zimmerman is a monster, I don't think he's diabolical. But I do think he's deeply flawed and troubled and there was a perfect storm of all his issues that night.

It does actually make me change my opinion about George -- a little bit. I think that Trayvon's race did play a role in what happened that night, but I think it had more to do with George's complete lack of trust in his PD and that his anger with the SPD compelled him to get out of his car and follow Trayvon that night. He didn't want another "*advertiser censored**hole" to get away. Maybe Trayvon's age played more of a roll in it then his race?

All I know is that Trayvon was an "*advertiser censored**hole" and a "*advertiser censored**ing punk" to George Zimmerman that night.

It seems GZ felt he could do a better job than LE. So he took the law into his own hands and a young boy is dead because of it. Frank was right when he said George had "fed up issues." It looks more like he was "fed up" with LE though?

MOO

The part I find interesting in that call is that he indicated he would meet the officer at his truck, further evidence he did not go too far from his truck.

Excuse me, but that is NOT the call in it's entirety.. GZ changed his mind before he hung up with dispatch,.. He told the dispatcher to tell the police to call him when they got there and he would tell them where he was at... JJMHO

LOL, anybody else, I was gonna add: while he was on the phone with his girlfriend? :floorlaugh: But I decided nah.....city will figure something out...:rocker:

I always do. :seeya:

Hey at least I'm good for a good laugh or two.

Race discussions belong in the soundoff thread peeps

I haven't heard his full story to LE as he was being interrogated, no. I've heard a lot of second hand accounts.

Okay, based on any second hand account---the one from his father, the one from his brother, the portion of the bond hearing---did you hear anybody ever say or insinuate that Trayvon took the gun out first? Would this even be a 2nd degree murder charge if Trayvon took the gun out first?

Yeah.. . but you never know. I don't think it's only the black community who care about what happened to Trayvon Martin, for instance.

I agree but I don't think that's always the case. I didn't see a whole lot of white people going off the wall when Duke lacrosse was going on for example.

It does actually make me change my opinion about George -- a little bit. I think that Trayvon's race did play a role in what happened that night, but I think it had more to do with George's complete lack of trust in his PD and that his anger with the SPD compelled him to get out of his car and follow Trayvon that night. He didn't want another "*advertiser censored**hole" to get away. Maybe Trayvon's age played more of a roll in it then his race?

All I know is that Trayvon was an "*advertiser censored**hole" and a "*advertiser censored**ing punk" to George Zimmerman that night.

It seems GZ felt he could do a better job than LE. So he took the law into his own hands and a young boy is dead because of it. Frank was right when he said George had "fed up issues." It looks more like he was "fed up" with LE though?

MOO

Didn't I read a story that GZ did have two incidents where he was robbed or attacked? Maybe that had something to do with it too?

MOO

yup. this is what i havebeen feeling all along. I feel like he was trying to show them how its done. tm was in the wrong place atthe wrong time. He was gonna catch him a criminal and show them that he wasnt just a chronic 911 caller and he was a protector of people. A better protector than they were, anyways. My big question now is the anger toward the spd and why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member