17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it was right after that. I can't catch it. O'Mara looks over at the SA with a real smug look and twirls his glasses.

Sorry, he does say something in between the last question and "I have no further questions", but I can't make it out either. I do see the "smug" look you're talking about though.

Just checked the transcript and it's not in there either. Now its gonna bug me! :maddening:

True...some end up in jail. We see what happened when he didn't pay on his credit card. Uncle Sam is a lot tougher.....jmo

Not exactly what I meant. Many people don't pay taxes at all and it's legal.

I don't think we are supposed to be discussing his CC default.

It's not about what the money is used for it's about the fact that there are lies all over the place about this money, this website, these donations, etc. Zimmerman's family stated in the hearing that they had no money so needed a low bond yet we have now been told that the website has collected $200,000. Why would Zimmerman want anyone to put a mortgage on their home if this money was available? If that's the way he thinks, it just further convinces me that this man is truly a piece of work.

~jmo~

I think his defense is going to cost more than 200k when this is done IMO.

PayPal with a subpeona will gladly provide the records of how much was placed in that account. No worries there. Those records will be available.
What I really hope this did was give an opening to the SA to get those Paypal records and the records of communication to and from that website along with all IP's. IMO

I'm sure they want him to have a good defense.
I'd do the same if it were my DD needing bail.

He may not have know the amount in the account at the bond hearing.

We don't know.

There are really no excuses to be made here, they all knew about the website including the attorney.

It was his own brother running it, would they really expect everyone to believe that he never told anyone what was in it? They all knew prior to the bond hearing that he may get out on bail, they needed to come up with m money, no one ever thought, hey I wonder how much we collected, no one ever thought, let's check with JR whose running the site?

JMHO

Yep, and I hope I'm wrong, but I'm getting a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach (like I had with the CA trial) that GZ and his lawyer may get away with this. Remember what Baez got away with ? this case being in FLa. I'm not getting my hopes up, its good thing the hearing is tomorrow. We'll get to find out soon enough. I hope and :please: I'm wrong.

I read GZ had "WEBSITES" collecting money not just one. Anyone have a link showing there was more than one.

There are websites collecting on his behalf but I don't think he's running those sites.

Nova, the questions and answers are documented on the bond hearing transcripts.
I don't remember it word for word.
And, if I went from recollection, I'd be torn apart for any word I misstated due to "standards" such as yours.
And you know that to be true.

I'm not being rude, but you know you, my dear old friend, would call me out on any thing I got wrong. And my memory function ain't what it used to be.

:smile:

No problem. I promise you I don't have sufficient recall to play "gotcha" over exact wording at the bond hearing. Maybe I could have played that game 40 years ago, but not now. LOL.

There's just a difference between predicting the State will be unable to meet its burden of proof beyond reasonable doubt of 2nd degree murder and insisting the State made claims in its affidavit for which it has no evidence. The former is bad prosecuting, the latter is perjury.

I was trying to understand which you meant.

I read GZ had "WEBSITES" collecting money not just one. Anyone have a link showing there was more than one.

I don't have a link handy, but FT said on Anderson Cooper 360, that he had an account set up for GZ and then merged it with the one GZ had set up.

There are really no excuses to be made here, they all knew about the website including the attorney.

It was his own brother running it, would they really expect everyone to believe that he never told anyone what was in it? They all knew prior to the bond hearing that he may get out on bail, they needed to come up with money, no one ever thought, hey I wonder how much we collected, no one ever thought, let's check with JR who's running the site?

JMHO
One Word: Collusion
One Phrase: Don't ask, Don't tell.

Sorry, he does say something in between the last question and "I have no further questions", but I can't make it out either. I do see the "smug" look you're talking about though.

Just checked the transcript and it's not in there either. Now its gonna bug me! :maddening:

Me too. I guess I'm gonna have to break out the earphones.

No problem. I promise you I don't have sufficient recall to play "gotcha" over exact wording at the bond hearing. Maybe I could have played that game 40 years ago, but not now. LOL.

There's just a difference between predicting the State will be unable to meet its burden of proof beyond reasonable doubt of 2nd degree murder and insisting the State made claims in its affidavit for which it has no evidence. The former is bad prosecuting, the latter is perjury.

I was trying to understand which you meant.

Bingo!
And I think that's why there is so much conversation by talking heads/legal analysts.

O'Mara just said on Anderson that he knew about the sites for GZ from the start.

What's the tax rate on 200k income? 28% or 33%?

He may already be in a bit of trouble with the tax people....his father made it public that he was earning 10,000 a month eight years ago....wonder if that is the amount that he reported on his income tax at the time???

jmo

Wow ! Sonny Hostin along with Mark G. agree, THIS IS A BIG DEAL !
Anderson Cooper

Again, not exactly.

Is receiving a monetary gift taxable income?

No, not to the recepient. The tax is paid as a gift tax by the givor.

The person who receives your gift does not have to report the gift to the IRS (except for certain gifts from foreign sources) or pay gift or income tax on its value.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_receiving_a_monetary_gift_taxable_income#ixzz1tCYzN1Lm

Not a gift. Money was paid through PayPal connected to a support website. He's not a charity or non-profit so that leaves a site for the purposes of solicitation. IRS is pretty clear on what are gifts and what are not. I can guarantee none of those people are going to say it was a gift and they're willing to pay taxes on money they have already paid taxes on. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevewho