17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only saying that GZ may not have know how much money was in the account at the bail hearing. I think MOM would have instructed him to have no jail phone calls with family, so he ws probably unaware of the status of the account from the time of his arrest to the time of release.

I know what your going to say.....the family knew how much. I have no doubt that RZ did, I have no evidence that he told anyone else how much was in it, therefore I am not prepared to call the family "liars" for stating they do not know how much was in the account.

Something to keep in mind, at no given time can anyone say how much is in there,every deposit changes the balance.

Judge wants to know more about Zimmerman finances..

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — Calling it an "oversight," George Zimmerman's attorney said Friday the neighborhood watch volunteer did not disclose that a website had raised more than $200,000 for his defense, even though his family told the judge they would have trouble coming up with his bond.
"Quite honestly, with everything he is going through over the past few weeks, if that is the only oversight committed, then we'll deal with it," said Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...hrwDnQ?docId=07a73c7ee01842cc858fdd5034b66c75

I don't consider it an oversight, I consider it a DELIBERATE LIE.~jmo~

BBM~

IMO- Clearly the defendant was hiding money at the time of his BOND hearing, lol! This was NOT an oversight,jmo!!

:moo:

I'm confused about that too. Anyone know why he wouldn't have jurisdiction over the money? Is it because it's donated money? Or because MOM now has it in a trust?

--what i believe that part of it was about is that the judge has jurisdiction over george----if the site and paypal account are registered to george, then he has jurisdiction.

--if it's registered to his brother, or someone else---he does not have jurisdiction.

--so, he's waiting on the detailed accounting that omara is to provide the state/judge of all particulars of that site/paypal account.

I am typically not out at night in the rain walking between buildings in a strange apartment/condo complex.
JMO/IMO
There was a time in America when someone who chose to walk had that right.
Maybe that's changed. If so, I hope the state of Florida is doing their due diligence They have an obligation to warn children, teens, adults (and tourists) about the risks of walking in a SYG state.

Actually, if GZ wins the SYG hearing all his attorney fees will be paid by the state, regardless of how much money he has.

MO'M took this case pro bono. Can he change his mind if it looks like GZ might rake in some money? I know there are other expenses involved in defending someone accused of murder. Would the state have to pay those expenses but not MO'M's fee specifically?

Thanks for your permission for me to spend my money the way I want to, although paying my taxes and foregoing something I could give to myself or my family are apples and oranges. My property taxes have already been paid into the system that would draw money for the defense of George ZImmerman, and future ones will likely not change because of him. It's up to the counties of Brevard and Seminole to decide how to spend it.

You are free to pay out the wazoo for all the snakes you want to...he will gladly live off your money while you forgo something that you could give to yourself or your friends & family.

Me either, or looking like I am up to no good, or on drugs or something.

I am typically not out at night in the rain walking between buildings in a strange apartment/condo complex.

Judge wants to know more about Zimmerman finances..

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — Calling it an "oversight," George Zimmerman's attorney said Friday the neighborhood watch volunteer did not disclose that a website had raised more than $200,000 for his defense, even though his family told the judge they would have trouble coming up with his bond.
"Quite honestly, with everything he is going through over the past few weeks, if that is the only oversight committed, then we'll deal with it," said Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...hrwDnQ?docId=07a73c7ee01842cc858fdd5034b66c75

I don't consider it an oversight, I consider it a DELIBERATE LIE.

~jmo~

--from above link--

"The website has been taken down, but O'Mara said the defense is starting two others".

:furious: I think that most of us here figured that GZ and his family members knew exactly how much money had been generated by the website and that they lied under oath. :moo:

Judge delays decision on Zimmerman contributions

Zimmerman collected about $204,000 through website

Author: By the CNN Wire Staff

Published On: Apr 27 2012 01:26:50 AM EDT Updated On: Apr 27 2012 12:31:39 PM EDT

(CNN) -
George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer accused of wrongly killing Trayvon Martin, will not immediately have to turn over donations made to his website, a Florida judge said Friday.

Zimmerman collected about $204,000 in donations through the website, but did not disclose the contributions during his bond hearing last week, according to his attorney, Mark O'Mara.

Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda asked Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. to increase Zimmerman's $150,000 bond. But the judge said he would delay ruling on the request, in part because he does not know if he has authority to say how the money can be used...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ons/-/1719418/12092198/-/139povw/-/index.html

I'm not fully buying MOM's statement that he would have bonded out the same day if GZ knew about the money. It takes a couple of days to transfer money from your PayPal account into your regular bank account. You have to request it from PayPal and then wait for the deposit to go through.

--paypal doesn't "hold" the money deposited---when you set up a paypal account it's linked to a bank account. when i deposit $$'s to my daughter's paypal , it goes directly to her bank acct where she can access it immediatley.

MO'M took this case pro bono. Can he change his mind if it looks like GZ might rake in some money? I know there are other expenses involved in defending someone accused of murder. Would the state have to pay those expenses but not MO'M's fee specifically?

I would imagine it would be between Mark O'Mara and GZ whether he works pro bono or GZ pays him.

I think what the judge meant was that if say GZ's brother set up the website along with GZ, there is the possibilty that his name (RZ) was on the paypal account. In that case even though the $ was donated to GZ for legal & living expenses, it was technically owned by RZ as the owner of the paypal account. In that case, I don't think the judge has jurisdiction. IMO

This what I also thought when the judge was talking about whether he can do anything about it or not. If RZ is technically maintaining it as far as paypal is concerned, even if the website said otherwise, it doesn't matter. Because if RZ is the administrator, he is bound to do whatever he wants to with that money.

JMO/IMO
There was a time in America when someone who chose to walk had that right.
Maybe that's changed. If so, I hope the state of Florida is doing their due diligence They have an obligation to warn children, teens, adults (and tourists) about the risks of walking in a SYG state.

Actually, being born female, I have spent my entire life with the risk of walking alone (especially a night) hanging over my head. Sure, I may have the right, but I can't exercise it without caution.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

--paypal doesn't "hold" the money deposited---when you set up a paypal account it's linked to a bank account. when i deposit $$'s to my daughter's paypal , it goes directly to her bank acct where she can access it immediatley.

Not all paypal accounts are set up that way.

To anyone who supports GZ, I hope you never find yourself stuck out in the rain with GZ tailing you. If you do, don't run FGS. Call 911
All of the above is TOTALLY IMO!

I say it again, not all those giving GZ money are doing it because they believe GZ's story, think GZ is a hero or anything else like that. It's to make a statement, a political statement, an ideological statement, etc.

Gregaroes said that its possible he could get millions for his defense fund. I see no reason to not believe that.

I guess it's how one's PayPal account is set up. Mine is linked to my bank account but the money stays in my PayPal account until I request a transfer which usually takes a few days.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ey-20120426_1_cnn-show-shooting-death-website

Interesting article from the Sentinel.
I'm not certain if MOM is pro bono or not. But I was interested to read what his going rate is, ordinarily.

Quote:
"O'Mara estimated that it would cost between $500,000 and $1 million to defend Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. O'Mara said his normal fee is $400 per hour and that he already has put more than 100 hours into the case."

So that means he's already up to about $40,000.00 and we haven't even had discovery yet. JMO/IMO

That is a good question. I don't know the answer. Probably be a good question for one of the attys.

--omara's new site gz legal case / gz defense fund

http://www.***.com/

Legal Case

STATEMENT FROM MARK O'MARA REGARDING THE FUNDS RAISED BY GEORGE ZIMMERMAN'S WEBSITE

on 26 April 2012.

I want to take a moment to clear up some of the confusion regarding the monies raised on Mr. Zimmerman’s website.

As I was ending any Internet presence George had, we removed any Facebook accounts, Twitter accounts and websites. As we shut down the web site entitled my client asked what we should do about the outstanding fee monies in the PayPal account or that had been taken out of the PayPal account since its inception. George immediately gathered the funds that were in either his or his wife’s account.....

---more @ link---

Defense Fund
The website for George Zimmerman's Defense Fund will be up soon and available for donations.

--side column includes omara's gzcase twitter, gzlegal case facebook etc etc..

I say it again, not all those giving GZ money are doing it because they believe GZ's story, think GZ is a hero or anything else like that. It's to make a statement, a political statement, an ideological statement, etc.

Gregaroes said that its possible he could get millions for his defense fund. I see no reason to not believe that.

Thank you.

If I were to give money to one of GZ's funds it would be to make a statement against the witch hunt that has been unleashed upon the man. I've been stunned and saddened at the misinformation of the media and the mob tactics it has encouraged and supported. So far there have been two hate crimes attacks against white victims, and there are probably more that just haven't made it into the news.

It's a crime that this tragedy has been compounded into other tragedies. The state of journalism today is deplorable.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member