Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Has it been said that he had to buy a new car? Did he and his wife only have one car? I don't recall hearing that.

no it is speculation like everything else being discussed about who knew what about which account, who had access, and whether gz saw a huge money making opportunity when he spotted TM and killed him

I was trying to point out there are plausible scenarios of them needing to spend unusual amounts of money. They are in an unusual circumstance, to say the least.

I would go further to speculate that the majority of the donations came in after he was arrested, the balance may have been much lower at the time of the arrest.

That's irrelevant. The only thing of relevance is how much money was in the account when they got up in front of a judge begging and pleading for a low bond. That's the issue right now.

~jmo~

I would go further to speculate that the majority of the donations came in after he was arrested, the balance may have been much lower at the time of the arrest.

Then why did MOM say that 150K was in the account on the day of the hearing? Was the money that had already been spent, spent before the hearing?

JMHO

I thought it was said it was spent before the hearing, that $50,000 was spent for 30 to 45 days for living expenses. That would be before the hearing. This is so confusing.

It is very simple, what did GZ & his wife have at their disposal on April 20th, 2012. How much in total has Paypal paid out to date to GZ and the family members that have been questioned. Now, move to GZ's personal account to see if he or a family rep deposited those checks into GZ or Shellie Z's personal account and now look at how much they spent.

From there look to see if the remaining monies have been taken control of by the lawyer M'OM and how he determines what that money can be spent on. Sounds like O'Mara could keep it all and then GZ would be "indigent" Again.

This is so close to money l@()ndering, it just makes me sick.... IMGDO!

As long as he doesn't expect the state of Florida to pay for his legal expenses or his security, he can do whatever he wants with his money.

~jmo~

If he wins under an SYG defense the state pays whether he is bankrupt or a multi million dollar lottery winner.

Didn't George set up the site before he was arrested? And wasn't he in jail for a very short time? He has always been in control of HIS PayPal money jmo.

Well, if he doesn't know who does? Hmmmm.

I do not see where it matters what jurisdiction the judge has over the money. No one is asking him to do anything other than what he can do as being the presiding judge and that is either increase the bond or revoke it if it is proven that there were lies told on 04/20/2012 and both of these things he definitely has the jurisdiction to do.

~jmo~

Wonder if some of the anger directed at him getting donations will go to the donors if that list is made public?

Personally, I think a lot names should not be public knowledge until the trial for obvious reasons. If it does go to trial, I'm not sure the names of donors would be relevant.

I just don't see the point in subjecting innocent people to the ferocity of the US media. This case is already bringing out the worst in some people.

I do not see where it matters what jurisdiction the judge has over the money. No one is asking him to do anything other than what he can do as being the presiding judge and that is either increase the bond or revoke it if it is proven that there were lies told on 04/20/2012 and both of these things he definitely has the jurisdiction to do.

~jmo~

I'm confused about that too. Anyone know why he wouldn't have jurisdiction over the money? Is it because it's donated money? Or because MOM now has it in a trust?

A thousand dollars a month for rent which is what I used in that explanation hardly buys a mansion. And if he said he can't come back for hearings because he can't drive back the exact same people would be screaming that he has money, buy a car. There is no winning.

Who is to say he is not living with relatives? Who's to say that he is so completely alone that there is no one to support him? Not only can a person get around without a car, and make their own meals, but they can borrow stuff from family and support them financially in return. I don't see Zimmerman as alone. I think he is with family because it seems to me, they are all in this together, and all claiming poverty.

Didn't George set up the site before he was arrested? And wasn't he in jail for a very short time? He has always been in control of HIS PayPal money jmo.

Yes, and anything that came into that account in George Zimmerman's name is his income until O'Mara says that it is a defense fund. However, that is still money that GZ "earned" as income even if it was only in his name for three weeks. it doesn't matter that now they are going to say it is some kind of "authorized" defense fund. Because whatever amount was there before O'Mara took control is still considered money GZ made and he will be responsible for any Fed Taxes that are due.

That's irrelevant. The only thing of relevance is how much money was in the account when they got up in front of a judge begging and pleading for a low bond. That's the issue right now.

~jmo~

MOM said it was $150,000 on the day of the bond hearing. What we don't know is if that is the amount after some was spent on living expenses or before.

I'm confused about that too. Anyone know why he wouldn't have jurisdiction over the money? Is it because it's donated money? Or because MOM now has it in a trust?

GZ has not been convicted of anything, I don't see where he has lost his right to manage his own financial life. The judge has the right to say GZ has no access to state funds because he has assets.

I doubt his supporters and donors object to keeping their hero and maybe precedent setter (if his case is won) healthy and safe. :maddening: moo

I dont think that his supporters think of him as a hero, just a common average guy that had to use deadly force to defend his life.

Personally, I think a lot names should not be public knowledge until the trial for obvious reasons. If it does go to trial, I'm not sure the names of donors would be relevant.

I just don't see the point in subjecting innocent people to the ferocity of the US media. This case is already bringing out the worst in some people.

I agree, I don't think anyone needs to know the personal names of any small donors.

On the other hand, those who have sent large sums of money, who have political reasons, self interests and a personal stake in seeing a certain outcome, is a whole other issue.

JMHO

Is it up to us at what comfort level George Zimmerman chooses?

It is suspect if he's living in luxury on someone else's generosity and/or is a spendthrift. It speaks to character, just as his lying speaks to character and the capacity for bald-faced lies. Is he truly accountable to anyone for that free money? No. I am sure he feels entitled to spend the money as he sees fit.

Now Just K walks away...I am literally sick over the legal system in this country...I can't watch as another lying , represented by another snake oil salesman, tries to con the people and gets a very dangerous man set free. IMO, and all that.

I am disgusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBM

If any of George Zimmerman's expenses were to be covered by residents of the state of Florida (like myself), it would only be a burden on those who pay property taxes in Brevard (where I live) and Seminole Counties.

I personally have no problem with my property tax dollars going to the defense of someone who is charged with a crime even though he was defending himself in a lawful matter.

I could care less what Zimmerman does with his money as long as the residents of the state of Florida (like myself) aren't having to foot the bill for his legal fees or security. What concerns me about this whole fiasco is the lying and the deceiving on the part of O'Mara, Zimmerman, the wife, and the father. We better just go ahead and prepare ourselves that things like this are going to happen very frequently in this case. These are not people who are trustworthy and obviously they feel like the rules or the laws do not apply to them.

~jmo~

Who is to say he is not living with relatives? Who's to say that he is so completely alone that there is no one to support him? Not only can a person get around without a car, and make their own meals, but they can borrow stuff from family and support them financially in return. I don't see Zimmerman as alone. I think he is with family because it seems to me, they are all in this together, and all claiming poverty.

Who is to say he isn't living alone?
Who is to say he doesn't think that is the best way to protect his family?

GZ has not been convicted of anything and if private parties want to fund his life and his defense until this is over that is between them and GZ.

If he commits tax fraud that will bite him in the rearend.
But he hasn't committed tax fraud at this particular point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellzBellz01