17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. As far as I know, all calls from jail have to be colllect, I don't see PayPal accepting a collect call from anyone.
JMO/IMO
Probably in the olden days it was all collect calls.
Now they can buy phone cards. GZ did.

I just listened again to MOM telling the judge about the Paypal accounts. What he was saying is that of last Friday, the day of the bond hearing, there was $150,000 in the account. Since that day they have used some for living expenses and used $5000 towards the bond. Then more donations must have come in and the amount is up to $204,000.

Ok, I just finished listening to the reporters questioning MOM. Now I am totally lost. He referred to the $150,000 amount and I'm not sure if that is the amount in the account that MOM just set up or if he means that to be what was in the account on the day of the bond hearing. I DVR'd the hearing and played that again and then the reporters questioning of MOM. I'm not afraid to admit that I was wrong in my statement above. In court MOM says a total of $204,000 was raised (with more money still coming in) but on the day of the bond hearing there was $150,000 in the account. They spent money from the account on living expenses for GZ to meet the states requirement to be out on bond and $5000 towards the bond. I apologize to all for my mistake in what I was hearing and honestly I am very confused because of all the figures being mentioned. Guess we will need to wait for a full accounting.

I said I could come pretty close off the top of my head.

15 for bond, 12 for prepaid rent, 10 for a car, plus utilities and household set up comes up 40 by themselves. A wife has been left behind with a newly remove income source, bringing that households bills current and leaving her some operating capital might explain the other 10.

I am just pointing out that a plausible explanation is not that hard to come up with.

Yes, with all due respect, if he's living in a mansion or something. There is no reason that he can't be hidden somewhere a lot cheaper than something would that would take $50,000 to set up. My own home and utilities have never cost that much to setup and I live just fine. This whole money situation is outrageous. And what would he need a car for? If he's being hidden, he shouldn't be out driving around.

I said I could come pretty close off the top of my head.

15 for bond, 12 for prepaid rent, 10 for a car, plus utilities and household set up comes up 40 by themselves. A wife has been left behind with a newly remove income source, bringing that households bills current and leaving her some operating capital might explain the other 10.

I am just pointing out that a plausible explanation is not that hard to come up with.
JMO/IMO

Good points.

Actually if they have bad credit that rent pre-pay would make some sense. That would be a way to get a landlord to consider you, when otherwise they wouldn't.

I am very confused. I just got home and caught up, but I still don't understand what is going on. Some posts in here are saying that some of this money was used for bond?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...tor-angela-corey-media-attorneys-trial-lawyer

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, said he has taken control of the money and was not aware of the donations during the April 20 bond hearing.

None of the donor money was used to post Zimmerman's bond Sunday, O'Mara said.

Did MOM say in the court that it was used for bond?

So, basically nothing was done today and the judge is waiting for more detailed info, correct?
What happened with the original hearing? Are we getting a doc dump? TIA

Ok, I just finished listening to the reporters questioning MOM. Now I am totally lost. He referred to the $150,000 amount and I'm not sure if that is the amount in the account that MOM just set up or if he means that to be what was in the account on the day of the bond hearing. I DVR'd the hearing and played that again and then the reporters questioning of MOM. I'm not afraid to admit that I was wrong in my statement above. In court MOM says a total of $204,000 was raised (with more money still coming in) but on the day of the bond hearing there was $150,000 in the account. They spent money from the account on living expenses for GZ to meet the states requirement to be out on bond and $5000 towards the bond. I apologize to all for my mistake in what I was hearing and honestly I am very confused because of all the figures being mentioned. Guess we will need to wait for a full accounting.

You are doing fine, it can be confusing.

I understand but someone was obviously tracking those amounts. Outside of jailhouse phone logs, how else can it be determined how much GZ knew was in the account at the time of the bond hearing? What if the paypal records show GZ's brother as the administrator to the account?

IMO, there is no way GZ didn't know exactly what was happening with both the website and the paypal account. I doubt the brother set that up on his own, and gradmaj posted the details on the page where GZ takes full responsibility for the site and the money.

Supposedly he is out of state in a secure location, not with family or his wife. I can get pretty close to fifty thousand

Fifteen thousand to bond.
Prepay a years rent for security reasons could easily be twelve grand.
Buy a used vehicle another easy ten.
Deposits for utilities, set up a functional household.

Why would he commit to a year's rent, in case his location is discovered? Makes no sense jmo. And what's he renting, a palace at $4000/month? And utility deposits in the thousands? LOL. JMO

It was a conspiracy of dishonesty, and I believe it included O'Mara. He intentionally remained ignorant, and probably didn't ask GZ or his family directly before the hearing, on purpose. It was out there in the media that there were paypal accounts before O'Mara ever took on this case. He probably suspected there was going to some large sums of cash for him from this case, JMO.

I thought it was odd that O'Mara did not have RZ Jr at the bond hearing (or at the notary office to testify remotely). I believe that was done on purpose so that he could not be questioned about how much had been collected at the website account.

When the prosecution questioned the other family members and they said RZ Jr was the one who would know, why didn't the prosecution ask that RZ Jr be contacted so he could be asked about it? There could have been a continuance to get him into court or into the notary's office so he could be questioned under oath. After all, it was pretty clear he had information needed to access the ability of the family to put up bond - as has now been proven.

IMO, JMO, etc.

$54K is more than some people make all year long. That is an excessive amount of money to spend in (30-45 days). O'Mara said George took $5,000 out of it for his bond. That leaves $49,000. spent in that time frame.

Wonder if some of the anger directed at him getting donations will go to the donors if that list is made public?

The public has a right to know where public and some private (charitable) corporations spend their money...That way they can choose whether or not to support those groups. IMO, anyone who supports what GZ did should just stand up and admit it since they think what he did was all hunky doory.

IMO, there is no way GZ didn't know exactly what was happening with both the website and the paypal account. I doubt the brother set that up on his own, and gradmaj posted the details on the page where GZ takes full responsibility for the site and the money.

JMO/IMO
I'm just trying to keep up with the accounts.
What was the account or accounts that GZ set up with the old lawyers? IIRC, they talked a lot about it. (During that odd conference where the lawyers fired GZ.)
Whatever that account was, GZ and Dad, I think, were involved.

Yes, with all due respect, if he's living in a mansion or something. There is no reason that he can't be hidden somewhere a lot cheaper than something would that would take $50,000 to set up. My own home and utilities have never cost that much to setup and I live just fine. This whole money situation is outrageous. And what would he need a car for? If he's being hidden, he shouldn't be out driving around.

A thousand dollars a month for rent which is what I used in that explanation hardly buys a mansion. And if he said he can't come back for hearings because he can't drive back the exact same people would be screaming that he has money, buy a car. There is no winning.

I would think that the $15K that they had to post would have come from that also.

Plus paypal fees are outrageous. I wonder if the $200k is before or after paypal took their fees?

He said only $5000 came from that. I suspect some rich benefactor paid his bail money. It hasn't been confirmed that his parents actually put their house up for collateral. They only said they were willing to. The fact that he O'Mara said in court, look judge, if he had the money on Friday don't you think he would have gotten out of jail then. Oh, come on. The $150,000 was in his account on the day of the bond hearing according to O'Mara. So did he advise his client he should stay in jail a little longer for appearances? jmo

I thought it was odd that O'Mara did not have RZ Jr at the bond hearing (or at the notary office to testify remotely). I believe that was done on purpose so that he could not be questioned about how much had been collected at the website account.

When the prosecution questioned the other family members and they said RZ Jr was the one who would know, why didn't the prosecution ask that RZ Jr be contacted so he could be asked about it? There could have been a continuance to get him into court or into the notary's office so he could be questioned under oath. After all, it was pretty clear he had information needed to access the ability of the family to put up bond - as has now been proven.

IMO, JMO, etc.

Oh, I'm sure RZ jr. was coincidentally some place he couldn't be reached at the time of the bond hearing. The prosecution wasn't going to indulge in the defense's games. They let the defense hang themselves today.

It is really too bad that the SA didn't take the wife up on her suggestion that they could probably get the brother on line by phone when she mentioned it during the bond hearing. Would have been interesting as to the amount he said was in the account as of that date.

You're probably right.

I think the bigger story that not getting a lot of attention is that there seems to be a (silent) contingent of folks/organizations with deep pockets who are trying to make a statement by supporting GZ and I don't think it has anything to do with the facts of what happened that night. There is something to be said about that as far as our country is concerned.

IDK, it's his money he can do what he wants with it. I agree that he shouldn't be declared indigent. The judge should probably up his bond, which he'll probably have no problem paying.

I could be wrong be it appears that the "site" was up like 2 days max before GZ went to jail, and iirc he had already "moved" away and I am thinking maybe with his brother who was in control of the "site" after he went to jail .I must say that it is a fair amount of money that has been donated. I do think that now that MOM is taking over it will only attract more money for his defense. jmo

Here is what I am hearing. On the day of the bond hearing there was $150, 000 in the account. $50, 000 has been spent and last night there was 200-$204,000.
So, to me that means to me, that the account has gained upwards to $104, 000 since Friday.
-50,000 by today
200-$ 204,000 last night

unless of course they spent $59, 000 of it since last night $59,000 - 5, 000 (toward bond)= $54,000

I find it interesting that three times (two times for O'Mara and at least one time for FT) They have referred to the total in Paypal accounts as 200-$204,00.

There is a reason they don't just say two to two hundred and four thousand dollars as of last night.

Thank you! I am confused about this myself, having heard what MOM has said in and out of court. It's difficult to interpret all the amounts being mentioned by MOM.

Why would he commit to a year's rent, in case his location is discovered? Makes no sense jmo. And what's he renting, a palace at $4000/month? And utility deposits in the thousands? LOL. JMO

twelve thousand dollars for a years rent is a thousand dollars a month

you prepay rent so the owner is not coming around all the time which increases the odds of his location being released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevewho