17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's reminiscent of the Anthony's. Here's this tragedy and one of our loved one is the accused killer. Hey, let's make some serious money off of this! Those two families are like peas in a pod.

It's a legal defense fund. What does it have to do with the family?

Didn't O'Mara ask the state of Florida to pay for protection, and now will it stop the state paying for anything in his defense from now on. I hope!

He also said that he was 'on his own' once he got out on bail, the state wasn't paying for nothing at this point.

I hope the prosecutor argues hard about this. It has been stated repeatedly and confirmed that it was GZ's website and his paypal account. Why is the judge so ready to ignore this? Something isn't right, jmo

I don't think the Judge is ignoring it. He will deal with it accordingly, IMO.

In a case like this, he has much bigger fish to fry. IMO

Could part of that money already spent been used to pay off the other 2 lawyers he had prior to MOM or were they working pro bono?

I don't think they were ever officially hired by GZ.

I have not heard any official word from MOM, but this appears to be the new GZ Defense fund website. It is not open to donations yet, but should be soon. It is registered to the O'mara law office in Orlando.

I removed the link due to rules.

<modsnip>

I am sickened by all of this. O'Mara must have known and probably did that he would do this very thing before taking the case. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the whole country was polarized in this case with many powerful and wealthy organizations invested in the issues in this case. That is probably where most of the money came from. MOO

Supposedly he is out of state in a secure location, not with family or his wife. I can get pretty close to fifty thousand

Fifteen thousand to bond.
Prepay a years rent for security reasons could easily be twelve grand.
Buy a used vehicle another easy ten.
Deposits for utilities, set up a functional household.

Could part of that money already spent been used to pay off the other 2 lawyers he had prior to MOM or were they working pro bono?

IIRC they said they were working pro bono until GZ got charged but he fired them before it got to that.

Here is what I am hearing. On the day of the bond hearing there was $150, 000 in the account. $50, 000 has been spent and last night there was 200-$204,000.
So, to me that means to me, that the account has gained upwards to $104, 000 since Friday.
-50,000 by today
200-$ 204,000 last night

unless of course they spent $59, 000 of it since last night $59,000 - 5, 000 (toward bond)= $54,000

I find it interesting that three times (two times for O'Mara and at least one time for FT) They have referred to the total in Paypal accounts as 200-$204,00.

There is a reason they don't just say two to two hundred and four thousand dollars as of last night.

Paying for housing and perhaps protection, then add in meals and incidentals. Stuff can add up after a bit.

What is his protection, the Secret Service? An entire SWAT team? That is some expensive protection there. Housing, meals, and incidentals really don't add up to much, IMO. His protection shouldn't either. He's an accused murderer, not the President of the United States. Sheesh.

He didn't need to "run" the site. It was there, along with paypal donation button. He didn't need to approve contributors, the money just got deposited.

I understand but someone was obviously tracking those amounts. Outside of jailhouse phone logs, how else can it be determined how much GZ knew was in the account at the time of the bond hearing? What if the paypal records show GZ's brother as the administrator to the account?

I think that's what's being said. Bro could be in deep doo-doo, especially because of all the donators who were dooped. The initial site said for defense costs, IIRC. JMO.

I doubt his supporters and donors object to keeping their hero and maybe precedent setter (if his case is won) healthy and safe. :maddening: moo

Trying to get this straight.

They just said on In Session that on the day of the bond hearing there was 150K in the account. Is that correct?

So if there was 150K in the account on that day, and they had already spent money on living expenses, than there had been more than 150K from the time they started the websites and the bond hearing?

And then additional money came in after the hearing which brought it up to 200K?

If that's correct they still had a huge sum of money in the account prior to the hearing.

ETA: I see now that Just K is asking the same questions, lol

Supposedly he is out of state in a secure location, not with family or his wife. I can get pretty close to fifty thousand

Fifteen thousand to bond.
Prepay a years rent for security reasons could easily be twelve grand.
Buy a used vehicle another easy ten.
Deposits for utilities, set up a functional household.

That still wouldn't add up to $50,000 in one month. And why would they already be setting up out of state when the bond hearing hadn't happened yet? They had no idea if he was going to get bond, how much, etc, and they were already spending money on an out of state residence? They must have thought they had won the lottery with that Paypal account.

Yep, it sounds like gunning down a kid in a hoodie armed with iced tea and Skittles really pays doesn't it?

~jmo~

Wonder if some of the anger directed at him getting donations will go to the donors if that list is made public?

I don't think so. As far as I know, all calls from jail have to be colllect, I don't see PayPal accepting a collect call from anyone.

Zimmerman could have called Paypal from the jail for the balance. OMara could of accessed the account for Zimmerman as his lawyer.

Yeah, he's gone through about 50 thousand!
If he's living in South Georgia (out of state, you know) he could buy a mobile home on a couple of acres of land. Nothing in a "gated community", but he'd probably have plenty of gun toting neighbors. :floorlaugh:

IMO, JMO, etc.

snip

"I am the real George Zimmerman," a message on the site begins. "On Sunday February 26th, I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage. As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life. This website's sole purpose is to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries."

snip
It has come to my attention that some persons and/or entities have been collecting funds, thinly veiled as my "Defense Fund" or "Legal Fund". I cannot attest to the validity of these other websites as I have not received any funds collected, intended to support my family and I through this trying, tragic time.

I have created a Paypal account solely linked on this website as I would like to provide an avenue to thank my supporters personally and ensure that any funds provided are used only for living expenses and legal defense, in lieu of my forced inability to maintain employment. I will also personally, maintain accountability of all funds received. I reassure you, every donation is appreciated.

Sincerely,

George Zimmerman

Remember the uproar from the previous 2 Attorneys when this site appeared? And they suggested George should maintain quiet?

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...se-money-for-legal-costs-lawyers-confirm?lite

Maybe the prosecutor should see this, lol. Hopefully he plans to use it in his argument.

What is his protection, the Secret Service? An entire SWAT team? That is some expensive protection there. Housing, meals, and incidentals really don't add up to much, IMO. His protection shouldn't either. He's an accused murderer, not the President of the United States. Sheesh.

IDK, it's his money he can do what he wants with it. I agree that he shouldn't be declared indigent. The judge should probably up his bond, which he'll probably have no problem paying.

If he's living in South Georgia (out of state, you know) he could buy a mobile home on a couple of acres of land. Nothing in a "gated community", but he'd probably have plenty of gun toting neighbors. :floorlaugh:

IMO, JMO, etc.

Exactly. He can be hidden for cheap. He doesn't need to be hidden in Ritz level accommodations.

That still wouldn't add up to $50,000 in one month.

I said I could come pretty close off the top of my head.

15 for bond, 12 for prepaid rent, 10 for a car, plus utilities and household set up comes up 40 by themselves. A wife has been left behind with a newly remove income source, bringing that households bills current and leaving her some operating capital might explain the other 10.

I am just pointing out that a plausible explanation is not that hard to come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevewho