17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well. Not the expected fireworks huh?

Handled like it should have been IMO.

I think it went exactly the way it was supposed to happen. The judge is asking for a complete accounting of the funds, etc. which will be turned over to the prosecution to decide whether they will ask for an increase in his bond or a revocation of the bond.

~jmo~

I'm hoping it's just because he wants to see it in black and white before making a ruling on it.

~jmo~

I don't see how it's going to be proven that GZ was still running the site and the fund while he was in jail, up to the point of the bond hearing. At that point the judge may say he has not jurisdiction over it.

I'm hoping it's just because he wants to see it in black and white before making a ruling on it.

~jmo~

That's my take. I think he wants to see $$ amounts, dates, times, deposits, withdrawals before he commits to anything.
If true, I think this is a good way to go.

I think it went exactly the way it was supposed to happen. The judge is asking for a complete accounting of the funds, etc. which will be turned over to the prosecution to decide whether they will ask for an increase in his bond or a revocation of the bond.

~jmo~

The state already said they simply want him to pay more money, not to revoke his bond.

BBM

This is exactly how it's going to play out IMO. GZ's wife already testified that the brother was running it. GZ and family can come right out and say they didn't know how much was in the account and since the brother never testified that he didn't know how much was in there, then how do you prove anyone lied?

It was a conspiracy of dishonesty, and I believe it included O'Mara. He intentionally remained ignorant, and probably didn't ask GZ or his family directly before the hearing, on purpose. It was out there in the media that there were paypal accounts before O'Mara ever took on this case. He probably suspected there was going to some large sums of cash for him from this case, JMO.

~jmo~

I do think that's what it is, how could he rule on anything without seeing all of the information first?

But I do have a feeling they're going to skate by on this one, not because I think that any of them are telling the absolute truth though. Sneaks, snakes and slick maneuvering.

JMHO

That goes for both sides, yes?

Yes it does. The thing is, what interest is it for the defense to try to ferret out money he has? None, actually. It serves the defense not to look too closely at things that don't work in his favor.

I've certainly heard that. Well, we don't need to go down that trail.

They are allowed to change their minds you know.

~jmo~

Can they in this instance? The judge has already heard the state on their position, he will review the records, MOM will share it with the state and the judge will make a ruling.

"I have created a Paypal account solely linked on this website as I would like to provide an avenue to thank my supporters personally and ensure that any funds provided are used only for living expenses and legal defense"

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7841994&postcount=111"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34[/ame]

I think that's what's being said. Bro could be in deep doo-doo, especially because of all the donators who were dooped. The initial site said for defense costs, IIRC. JMO.

Paying for housing and perhaps protection, then add in meals and incidentals. Stuff can add up after a bit.

Didn't O'Mara ask the state of Florida to pay for protection, and now will it stop the state paying for anything in his defense from now on. I hope!

I think MOM put the $150,000 in a trust under the law firms control so they can get more money donated into the trust. jmo

--definitely, he wants some place for the 'hundreds' more that are anxious to donate...

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/26/justice/florida-zimmerman-money/index.html

Though the account has been closed, O'Mara said he intends to open a legal defense fund for Zimmerman. "I've had dozens, hundreds actually, of people wanting to donate," he said.

Can they in this instance? The judge has already heard the state on their position, he will review the records, MOM will share it with the state and the judge will make a ruling.

When they get the information from O'Mara that he was told to provide to them, I'm sure they will look at the information and if they see a discrepancy in anything, they certainly can ask for a revocation of his bond or an increase.

~jmo~

I don't see how it's going to be proven that GZ was still running the site and the fund while he was in jail, up to the point of the bond hearing. At that point the judge may say he has not jurisdiction over it.

He didn't need to "run" the site. It was there, along with paypal donation button. He didn't need to approve contributors, the money just got deposited.

Sounds like George has gotten rich over the last few months. jmo

:moo:

It's reminiscent of the Anthony's. Here's this tragedy and one of our loved one is the accused killer. Hey, let's make some serious money off of this! Those two families are like peas in a pod.

Could part of that money already spent been used to pay off the other 2 lawyers he had prior to MOM or were they working pro bono?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano