17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really too bad that the SA didn't take the wife up on her suggestion that they could probably get the brother on line by phone when she mentioned it during the bond hearing. Would have been interesting as to the amount he said was in the account as of that date.

I think everyone who testifies has to be known before the hearing. I don't think someone can just be added during the hearing. The judge has to know exactly who is testifying before the hearing starts. So no, they couldn't just put the brother on the phone. That would have to be approved prior to the hearing first.

Thank you! I am confused about this myself, having heard what MOM has said in and out of court. It's difficult to interpret all the amounts being mentioned by MOM.
JMO/IMO
Maybe that's why the Judge wants all the info gathered, first.

Is it up to us at what comfort level George Zimmerman chooses?

Exactly. He can be hidden for cheap. He doesn't need to be hidden in Ritz level accommodations.

A thousand dollars a month for rent which is what I used in that explanation hardly buys a mansion. And if he said he can't come back for hearings because he can't drive back the exact same people would be screaming that he has money, buy a car. There is no winning.

BBM

Has it been said that he had to buy a new car? Did he and his wife only have one car? I don't recall hearing that.

twelve thousand dollars for a years rent is a thousand dollars a month

you prepay rent so the owner is not coming around all the time which increases the odds of his location being released

But why prepay BEFORE they knew if he was even going to get bond or not? That money was spent before the bond hearing. There is no reason to go spending that money when his bond hadn't even been determined or that he would even get a bond yet. That money shouldn't have been spent before the bond hearing. A lot of things that were mentioned require nonrefundable deposits. That would be losing money if he hadn't gotten bond.

Late night shopping trips to Target to get milk can be expensive............

But why prepay BEFORE they knew if he was even going to get bond or not? That money was spent before the bond hearing. There is no reason to go spending that money when his bond hadn't even been determined or that he would even get a bond yet. That money shouldn't have been spent before the bond hearing.

I'm confused, has it been determined the 50000 was spend prior to the bond hearing? I thought I heard him say in court that's how much has been spent since the bond hearing, 5k of which as gone toward the bond?

He may have bought phone cards, but not for use from jail.

"Incoming calls or messages to the inmate will not be accepted. However inmates have access to telephones during the day and can only call you collect. In the case of a serious medical emergency or death within the inmate’s family the chaplain may be notified and will handle all communications."

http://webbond.seminolesheriff.org/JailInmateFq.aspx

"George Zimmerman was released from jail after bond was posted early Sunday morning at the John E. Polk Correctional Facility.

Zimmerman was being held at the John E. Polk Correctional Facility since April 11, 2012 on charges of second-degree murder for the Feb. 26 shooting of Martin, 17, which could carry a life sentence if he is convicted."

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/323483#ixzz1tFwCQ1oX

JMO/IMO
Probably in the olden days it was all collect calls.
Now they can buy phone cards. GZ did.

Wonder if some of the anger directed at him getting donations will go to the donors if that list is made public?

The donors probably have plenty of guns to protect themselves, imo. But if corporations like gun manufacturers gave money, they wouldn't want to be identified as donors. And O'Mara probably wants more money from the unidentified donors, more reason to keep them secret. JMO.

:moo:

I'm confused, has it been determined the 50000 was spend prior to the bond hearing? I thought I heard him say in court that's how much has been spent since the bond hearing, 5k of which as gone toward the bond?

I thought it was said it was spent before the hearing, that $50,000 was spent for 30 to 45 days for living expenses. That would be before the hearing. This is so confusing.

But why prepay BEFORE they knew if he was even going to get bond or not? That money was spent before the bond hearing. There is no reason to go spending that money when his bond hadn't even been determined or that he would even get a bond yet. That money shouldn't have been spent before the bond hearing. A lot of things that were mentioned require nonrefundable deposits. That would be losing money if he hadn't gotten bond.

I don't know, maybe his attorney signed a contingent agreement and he will get money back. Maybe they thought it was worth the risk given the unlikelihood of him being held without bond. And he did get bond and he is using housing somewhere.

It is really too bad that the SA didn't take the wife up on her suggestion that they could probably get the brother on line by phone when she mentioned it during the bond hearing. Would have been interesting as to the amount he said was in the account as of that date.

RZ Jr would have had to be somewhere he could have been sworn in or anything he said over the phone would have been useless. That's why they went through all the stuff they did including getting prior approval to have the other Zimmerman family members at the notary's office to be sworn in and testify over the phone.

I agree - the SA should have stopped right there and insisted that MO'M make RZ Jr available, even if it meant a continuance and a delay in the bond hearing. MO'M and GZ would have complained but MO'M should have made sure he had full knowledge of his client's ability to pay, including every account he had.

IMO, JMO, etc.

I thought it was said it was spent before the hearing, that $50,000 was spent for 30 to 45 days for living expenses. That would be before the hearing. This is so confusing.

It is confusing, and MOM's doubletalk didn't help.

Hoefully there will be transcripts.

JMHO

I could care less what Zimmerman does with his money as long as the residents of the state of Florida (like myself) aren't having to foot the bill for his legal fees or security. What concerns me about this whole fiasco is the lying and the deceiving on the part of O'Mara, Zimmerman, the wife, and the father. We better just go ahead and prepare ourselves that things like this are going to happen very frequently in this case. These are not people who are trustworthy and obviously they feel like the rules or the laws do not apply to them.

~jmo~

Is it up to us at what comfort level George Zimmerman chooses?

Since that's his money, donated by private citizens for the use of family expenses and defense, it seems to me it's up to him (and them) to decide how it gets spent. He was pretty open ended about family expenses and those who give their own private money to support him, I wouldn't think are up in arms about this.

I doubt his supporters and donors object to keeping their hero and maybe precedent setter (if his case is won) healthy and safe. :maddening: moo

Maybe some of them still believe in what now seems to be a foreign concept... "innocent until proven guilty"

IMO!

I don't see how it's going to be proven that GZ was still running the site and the fund while he was in jail, up to the point of the bond hearing. At that point the judge may say he has not jurisdiction over it.

I would go further to speculate that the majority of the donations came in after he was arrested, the balance may have been much lower at the time of the arrest.

Since that's his money, donated by private citizens for the use of family expenses and defense, it seems to me it's up to him (and them) to decide how it gets spent. He was pretty open ended about family expenses and those who give their own private money to support him, I wouldn't think are up in arms about this.

As long as he doesn't expect the state of Florida to pay for his legal expenses or his security, he can do whatever he wants with his money.

~jmo~

I would imagine that protection would prove to be quite costly.

IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member