17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The donors probably have plenty of guns to protect themselves, imo. But if corporations like gun manufacturers gave money, they wouldn't want to be identified as donors. And O'Mara probably wants more money from the unidentified donors, more reason to keep them secret. JMO.

:moo:

I agree. It's sweet for O'Mara to have the public stage and essentially solicit funds for himself and GEorge's lifestyle, especially knowing that there are gun owners and organisations out there that are pretty fierce about guns and their own rights. O"Mara can now control information and bend it to his will. No gag order is victory for him.

I do not see where it matters what jurisdiction the judge has over the money. No one is asking him to do anything other than what he can do as being the presiding judge and that is either increase the bond or revoke it if it is proven that there were lies told on 04/20/2012 and both of these things he definitely has the jurisdiction to do.

~jmo~

I think what the judge meant was that if say GZ's brother set up the website along with GZ, there is the possibilty that his name (RZ) was on the paypal account. In that case even though the $ was donated to GZ for legal & living expenses, it was technically owned by RZ as the owner of the paypal account. In that case, I don't think the judge has jurisdiction. IMO

BBM

If any of George Zimmerman's expenses were to be covered by residents of the state of Florida (like myself), it would only be a burden on those who pay property taxes in Brevard (where I live) and Seminole Counties.

I personally have no problem with my property tax dollars going to the defense of someone who is charged with a crime even though he was defending himself in a lawful matter.

You are free to pay out the wazoo for all the snakes you want to...he will gladly live off your money while you forgo something that you could give to yourself or your friends & family.

I do not see where it matters what jurisdiction the judge has over the money. No one is asking him to do anything other than what he can do as being the presiding judge and that is either increase the bond or revoke it if it is proven that there were lies told on 04/20/2012 and both of these things he definitely has the jurisdiction to do.

~jmo~

I believe it matters to the Judge tho. IMO

I also do not care how he spends the money donated. He said it would be for living expenses? As long as I, as a Floridian, do not have to pay for his defense, it bothers me none. I'm going to laugh so hard if he went out and bought a new BMW or something though. :floorlaugh:

MOO

Could someone please clarify?

On the day of the bond hearing, April 2o, 2012, the PayPal funds were about $150,000.

As of Tuesday, April 24, the PayPal funds were about $200,000 +.

Is that correct?

On the day of the bond hearing, April 2o, 2012, the PayPal funds were about $150,000.

Is that correct?

That is what we are being led to believe and sometime in that time period they spent $50,000.

Is that correct?

iirc it is, minus about 50,000 that has been used. So it would seem that 100,000 has been added some time in between. Who knows hows much is in there now.

I don't get the back and forth about what he might have spent the money on,
as if spending it on certain things makes it all fine and dandy.

Who cares, the importance of this was not disclosing it to the court, while his attorney was pleading that they were all of limited resources, how difficult it would be for them to come up with money, and then pleading his case in the media by saying things like they needed the state to pay for protection.

JMHO

BTW I talked to a friend yesterday and she was under the impression that there was like a million in GZ's account. honestly she said that, but I have no way of knowing

As long as he doesn't expect the state of Florida to pay for his legal expenses or his security, he can do whatever he wants with his money.

~jmo~

Actually, if GZ wins the SYG hearing all his attorney fees will be paid by the state, regardless of how much money he has.

Judge wants to know more about Zimmerman finances..

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — Calling it an "oversight," George Zimmerman's attorney said Friday the neighborhood watch volunteer did not disclose that a website had raised more than $200,000 for his defense, even though his family told the judge they would have trouble coming up with his bond.
"Quite honestly, with everything he is going through over the past few weeks, if that is the only oversight committed, then we'll deal with it," said Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...hrwDnQ?docId=07a73c7ee01842cc858fdd5034b66c75

I don't consider it an oversight, I consider it a DELIBERATE LIE.

~jmo~

Actually, if GZ wins the SYG hearing all his attorney fees will be paid by the state, regardless of how much money he has.

His attorney hasn't even decided if he will be asking for an SYG hearing at this point.

~jmo~

To anyone who supports GZ, I hope you never find yourself stuck out in the rain with GZ tailing you. If you do, don't run FGS. Call 911

I am typically not out at night in the rain walking between buildings in a strange apartment/condo complex.

That's irrelevant. The only thing of relevance is how much money was in the account when they got up in front of a judge begging and pleading for a low bond. That's the issue right now.

~jmo~

I only saying that GZ may not have know how much money was in the account at the bail hearing. I think MOM would have instructed him to have no jail phone calls with family, so he ws probably unaware of the status of the account from the time of his arrest to the time of release.

I know what your going to say.....the family knew how much. I have no doubt that RZ did, I have no evidence that he told anyone else how much was in it, therefore I am not prepared to call the family "liars" for stating they do not know how much was in the account.

I'm not fully buying MOM's statement that he would have bonded out the same day if GZ knew about the money. It takes a couple of days to transfer money from your PayPal account into your regular bank account. You have to request it from PayPal and then wait for the deposit to go through.

Then why did MOM say that 150K was in the account on the day of the hearing? Was the money that had already been spent, spent before the hearing?

JMHO

The day of the bond hearing? I guess I missed that. I'll go try to verify that myself unless you happen to have a link handy.

Yes it does. The thing is, what interest is it for the defense to try to ferret out money he has? None, actually. It serves the defense not to look too closely at things that don't work in his favor.

I've certainly heard that. Well, we don't need to go down that trail.

Yes, I agree. I was told many moons ago defense lawyers do not want to know the truth.

I only saying that GZ may not have know how much money was in the account at the bail hearing. I think MOM would have instructed him to have no jail phone calls with family, so he ws probably unaware of the status of the account from the time of his arrest to the time of release.

I know what your going to say.....the family knew how much. I have no doubt that RZ did, I have no evidence that he told anyone else how much was in it, therefore I am not prepared to call the family "liars" for stating they do not know how much was in the account.

That's certainly your prerogative; however, I do believe they are liars so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

~jmo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member