17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link where George's father/mother testifies at the bond hearing as to their ability to pay a bond?

O/T This is nosy of me, and no one needs to answer, but why do people have paypal accounts. (I am a dinosaur. Always centuries behind. :D) Is it mainly for business?

I had to have it when I was selling some stuff on Ebay some time ago. But I kept it for "on line purchases" since you do not have to give your credit card number to an often unknown third party. Paypal does not disclose that info.
Ditto for donations.

I think the difference here is people weren't lining up to donate to FCA's defense fund.

Very true, which is why her money ran out quickly. At least that is not going to be the same here. I just hope there's no more hiding or whoops we didn't know about that money issues. O'Mara needs to rein this in and stop with the trickery and supposed mistakes.

I did this for myself so I could track this whole 'real george' 'paypal' thing more easily. I think its accurate, but I could be wrong. I was most interested in the time between when the website was started and when George disclosed the amount of monies in the paypal account to his attorney Mark O'Mara.

Thursday April 5, 2012
George Zimmerman attorneys Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig work with Zimmerman's father Robert to set up a website and an account at a bank to receive donations for George's defense fund via a PayPal account at the website.

Sunday April 8, 2012
- George Zimmerman registers a domain name with GoDaddy.
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name:
Created on: 08-Apr-12
Expires on: 08-Apr-13
Last Updated on: 24-Apr-12

Monday April 9, 2012
- George Zimmerman launches and unveils "the real george" website and PayPal account to collect funds for both living expenses and possible defense costs.
- George contacts Angela Corey's office twice without the knowledge of his attorneys.
- George contacts Sean Hannity of FoxNews. Hannity acknowledges they spoke but declines to reveal the conversation.

Tuesday April 10, 2012
- Zimmerman's attorneys hold unprecedented press conference to announce that they are dropping him as a client (unless he contacts them). They had not heard from him for two days, and he would not return their calls.

Wednesday April 11, 2012
- George Zimmerman turned himself in to the state police office in Jacksonville, Florida. He is arrested and charged with 2nd Degree Murder and driven to jail in Seminole County. He arrived at the Polk Correctional Facility in Sanford at 8:24 pm.
- Mark O'Mara is hired by Zimmerman's family either Tuesday night or today.

Thursday April 12, 2012
- George makes first court appearance accompanied by his new attorney Mark O'Mara.

Friday April 20, 2012
- Bond Hearing. George Zimmerman bail set at $150,000. (Bondsman will require $15,000 cash and collateral to cover the rest). Family including George's father and wife testify they have no money. Wife says she doesn't know anything about the 'real george website' that it was set up by George's brother, Robert Zimmerman, Jr.

Monday April 23, 2012
- George is released from jail and is picked up by an unidentified bail bondsman driving a white Mercedes in the early morning hours.

Tuesday April 24, 2012
- George, out of jail, and working with his attorney Mark O'Mara regarding the 'real george' website, asks O'Mara what he should do about the PayPal monies.
- The 'real george' website is removed from the internet.
- The PayPal money amounts to between $200,000 and $204,000.

Wednesday April 25, 2012
- O'Mara receives a FedEx package of PayPal monies? (or checks?) from George.

Thursday April 26, 2012
- Mark O'Mara reveals on Anderson Cooper 360 about the existence of the $200,000 + of PayPal monies.

Friday April 27, 2012
- O'Mara tells court about the PayPal funds and says there was about $150,000 on the day of the Bond Hearing.

If it's only one account that's linked to the 'real' GZ site, then that means a majority of the money must of came in while he was in jail. The question then becomes who was aware of the account balances while he was in jail. He obviously wasn't receiving email notifications on transactions while in jail. Was he getting daily phone calls? Visits?

Very true, which is why her money ran out quickly. At least that is not going to be the same here. I just hope there's no more hiding or whoops we didn't know about that money issues. O'Mara needs to rein this in and stop with the trickery and supposed mistakes.

That's why I think if the judge winds up raising the bond (or even if he does nothing), it'll probably go away as far as an 'issue'. Unless MOM decides he wants to talk about indigent again, which will make everyone point to today.

Thanks! The difference from the bolded that I see is that this is heavily politicised and polarising on several levels. How can that not affect the course of justice? For example, what if the jury is stacked with gun owners? It seems to me as an observer that this is not about justice, but about civil liberties, about citizens and their rights etc. and that Trayvon is the human being, the young victim, forgotten in this mess.

Regardless, it will be interesting to watch this unfold. I do find it a shame, though, that the big guns have to back a liar.

And also do not forget that those Judges are elected. Most of them like to be elected again. And many have an established pool for election donations they do not want to uproot/offend.

If it's only one account that's linked to the 'real' GZ site, then that means a majority of the money must of came in while he was in jail. The question then becomes who was aware of the account balances while he was in jail. He obviously wasn't receiving email notifications on transactions while in jail. Was he getting daily phone calls? Visits?

Exactly! as I said up thread it was prob less then 2 days that he could have checked to see how much was there before he went to jail. I would be willing to beat there were few phone calls if any the 9 days iirc he was there. jmo

Thanks to all for answering my nosy question. I don't do any banking, buying, or selling online. I am still skeered of it. But that's just me. By the time I catch up- it will have changed.

Since M'OM took over the fund will he give GZ an allowance? Or will he pay his bills directly. If anyone knows. TIA :)

That timeline was extremely helpful. If GZ was the only one with the account information, and he turned himself in within 48 hours of the website going live, I can see a real possibility that he was shocked to find $150K in the account when he got out on bail, especially if the other sites had only collected a few thousand at most.

I maintain that I doubt that he received any phone calls while in jail, other than with his lawyer. MOM surely would have told him not to.

I did this for myself so I could track this whole 'real george' 'paypal' thing more easily. I think its accurate, but I could be wrong. I was most interested in the time between when the website was started and when George disclosed the amount of monies in the paypal account to his attorney Mark O'Mara.

Thursday April 5, 2012
George Zimmerman attorneys Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig work with Zimmerman's father Robert to set up a website and an account at a bank to receive donations for George's defense fund via a PayPal account at the website.

Sunday April 8, 2012
- George Zimmerman registers a domain name with GoDaddy.
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name:
Created on: 08-Apr-12
Expires on: 08-Apr-13
Last Updated on: 24-Apr-12

Monday April 9, 2012
- George Zimmerman launches and unveils "the real george" website and PayPal account to collect funds for both living expenses and possible defense costs.
- George contacts Angela Corey's office twice without the knowledge of his attorneys.
- George contacts Sean Hannity of FoxNews. Hannity acknowledges they spoke but declines to reveal the conversation.

Tuesday April 10, 2012
- Zimmerman's attorneys hold unprecedented press conference to announce that they are dropping him as a client (unless he contacts them). They had not heard from him for two days, and he would not return their calls.

Wednesday April 11, 2012
- George Zimmerman turned himself in to the state police office in Jacksonville, Florida. He is arrested and charged with 2nd Degree Murder and driven to jail in Seminole County. He arrived at the Polk Correctional Facility in Sanford at 8:24 pm.
- Mark O'Mara is hired by Zimmerman's family either Tuesday night or today.

Thursday April 12, 2012
- George makes first court appearance accompanied by his new attorney Mark O'Mara.

Friday April 20, 2012
- Bond Hearing. George Zimmerman bail set at $150,000. (Bondsman will require $15,000 cash and collateral to cover the rest). Family including George's father and wife testify they have no money. Wife says she doesn't know anything about the 'real george website' that it was set up by George's brother, Robert Zimmerman, Jr.

Monday April 23, 2012
- George is released from jail and is picked up by an unidentified bail bondsman driving a white Mercedes in the early morning hours.

Tuesday April 24, 2012
- George, out of jail, and working with his attorney Mark O'Mara regarding the 'real george' website, asks O'Mara what he should do about the PayPal monies.
- The 'real george' website is removed from the internet.
- The PayPal money amounts to between $200,000 and $204,000.

Wednesday April 25, 2012
- O'Mara receives a FedEx package of PayPal monies? (or checks?) from George.

Thursday April 26, 2012
- Mark O'Mara reveals on Anderson Cooper 360 about the existence of the $200,000 + of PayPal monies.

Friday April 27, 2012
- O'Mara tells court about the PayPal funds and says there was about $150,000 on the day of the Bond Hearing.

THANKS for sharing, this is great and very helpful information!

ONE small correction I caught though, was that he did NOT turn himself in, he went there thinking that he was meeting with the SA on his own and was SURPRISED when he was arrested upon his arrival.

jmo

And I'll just add to that - what happens if they increase his bond, and then another $200,000 comes in. And then another $200,000 after that? Does the SA keep going back to ask for bond increases? That sounds ridiculous to me.

--no. the state is asking for the bond increase b/c "it appears" that george had more money than stated ON the DAY OF his bond hearing.

--they want the increase to reflect how much money he had access to then.

--whatever money is donated past that date no longer has anything to do w/ the amount of bond .

I just can't see George turning over complete control of ALL the money to MOM.

--no. the state is asking for the bond increase b/c "it appears" that george had more money than stated ON the DAY OF his bond hearing.

--they want the increase to reflect how much money he had access to then.

--whatever money is donated past that date no longer has anything to do w/ the amount of bond .

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

What would the purpose of increasing his bond be then? I can understand he could be seen as a greater flight risk if he had $150,000 at his fingertips, but if MOM is in control of the money, GZ cant take the money and run.

I would have to disagree. I think most people facing a murder II charge would do exactly as their attorney asks them to do.

THANKS for sharing, this is great and very helpful information!

ONE small correction I caught though, was that he did NOT turn himself in, he went there thinking that he was meeting with the SA on his own and was SURPRISED when he was arrested upon his arrival.

jmo

Uh, that's not true, considering AC said herself during the presser that he turned himself in to authorities.

COREY: Mr. Zimmerman turned himself and turning himself in was arrested on the capias that had already been issued

I would have to disagree. I think most people facing a murder II charge would do exactly as their attorney asks them to do.

I think "most people" would - but I don't think GZ is "most people".

Imo, the money will always be held in a trust account (I think O'Mara may already have stated that) and they will have an agreement regarding how it is dispersed. In addition to his ethical obligations, O'Mara has a fiduciary obligation to George as his client and as the trustee of the funds, imo. It's not like he's literally turning them over to O'Mara to do what he will with them.
He will do it. In fact, sounds like he's done it already.
jmo

Imo, the money will always be held in a trust account (I think O'Mara may already have stated that) and they will have an agreement regarding how it is dispersed. In addition to his ethical obligations, O'Mara has a fiduciary obligation to George as his client and as the trustee of the funds, imo. It's not like he's literally turning them over to O'Mara to do what he will with them.
He will do it. In fact, sounds like he's done it already.
jmo

Oh, I understand all that.........I just won't be surprised to find out GZ tried to hide even more money from MOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo