17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, actually, in my opinion, O'Mara should have followed up on Robert Zimmerman Jr. O'Mara knew what these people were going to say ahead of time. Why didn't he also have Robert Junior testify? O'Mara had been talking with these people about preparing an indigent status for George. O'Mara has to take part of the blame.

I wonder what a judge would do if a person in the some what same situation (the money) and 2 days after a bond hearing the person's lotto ticket was a winner, what happens then?

Well, actually, in my opinion, O'Mara should have followed up on Robert Zimmerman Jr. O'Mara knew what these people were going to say ahead of time. Why didn't he also have Robert Junior testify? O'Mara had been talking with these people about preparing an indigent status for George. O'Mara has to take part of the blame.

Has he applied for indigent status? I really do not know one way or another. I know they were discussing finances at the bond hearing for the purpose of setting the bond.

I am thinking that because the "site" said the monies collected would be used for expenses and defense fund that the judge will not be able to look at it as part of their over all resources when considering bond amount. jmo

THANKS for sharing, this is great and very helpful information!

ONE small correction I caught though, was that he did NOT turn himself in, he went there thinking that he was meeting with the SA on his own and was SURPRISED when he was arrested upon his arrival.

jmo

Can you post a link where it said he thought he was going to a meeting and not going because he was turning himself in? Tia

Just saw the abc link unthread. Thx

That Martin was or was not on drugs, and was or was not up to no good, has yet to be announced to the general public. < mod snip >

Neither was Trayvon, and he is the victim here. < mod snip >

Can you post a link where it said he thought he was going to a meeting and not going because he was turning himself in? Tia

Bumping lauriej's post from previous page:

--then omara was 'out of the loop' once again.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zim...y-lawyer-tells/story?id=16123136#.T5CjUNVIt84

--video:

Reporter--"zimmerman's attorney tells ABC News his client was blindsided when he was charged."

--article:

The lawyer [omara] has expressed fears for Zimmerman's safety and he said Zimmerman went to the prosecutor's office in Jacksonville Wednesday out of concern for his safety, unaware he would be arrested and charged with murder.

--b/c he happened to be there anyway when arrested is hardly the same thing as 'turning himself in'.

Has GZ's dad retired as a magistrate judge, does anyone know? I know GZ's dad is a disabled Veteran, I wonder how long ago he was a judge ???? Or if he is still a judge?

Not really. Us property tax payers in Brevard and Seminole Counties will still have to pay for the Prosecution, for someone charged with 2nd degree murder for lawfully defending their life.

Well, that would spare the taxpayers.

:moo:

Selling and buying on eBay for me.

O/T This is nosy of me, and no one needs to answer, but why do people have paypal accounts. (I am a dinosaur. Always centuries behind. :D) Is it mainly for business?

So he spent a little over 50k for living expenses? I know the family had to go out of town, but did they stay at a 5 star hotel or what? I'm recovering from a procedure done on my lung and haven't been able to keep up and I'm just really over-medicated so forgive my laziness.

And I'll just add to that - what happens if they increase his bond, and then another $200,000 comes in. And then another $200,000 after that? Does the SA keep going back to ask for bond increases? That sounds ridiculous to me.

It's about the amount of money GZ had ON the day of his bond hearing. Did his family testify accurately as to their means at that point in time. I don't think anyone is asking for an increase every time George makes a buck... JMO

It's about the amount of money GZ had ON the day of his bond hearing. Did his family testify accurately as to their means at that point in time. I don't think anyone is asking for an increase every time George makes a buck... JMO

Thanks. Someone else pointed that out also. That make more sense than coming back non stop to keep raising the bond.

Not sure what is accomplished by raising it though. It may even inspire more people to donate.

Not really. Us property tax payers in Brevard and Seminole Counties will still have to pay for the Prosecution, for someone charged with 2nd degree murder for lawfully defending their life.

I guess the taxpayers of Florida are screwed again. GZ and FCA are having more and more in common every day. $$$, lying attorney's, "unusual" people defending them in the press. GZ's defense hasn't even begun and the judge is having to check for truthful testimony, and hiding funds. I wonder how much GZ received from Reuters? :what:

I believe charges should have been brought in both cases. JMO

Exclusive: Interview With Benjamin Crump On Zimmerman..

Crump believes, "George Zimmerman has deecieved everybody. The real George Zimmerman is a person who misleads and manipulates. We think everyone is starting to find out his character the more this goes on."

Crump says, "If George Zimmerman is not telling the truth about how much he has. I may lying about really happened the he admits to killing Trayvon Martin in self-defense."

http://www.wtxl.com/content/localne...Benjamin-Crump-On/jH7XyhrU1UWfqpSoEqHNJg.cspx

I've mostly avoided posting on the T/Z threads because it's been highly controversial in many aspects. But my thoughts on the monies is he did say before the bond hearing by way of his website that he was soliciting monies for his expenses and defense fund. This should not have been a shocker to his defense attorney or the State when he was up for bond.

1. You can't convince me the defense attorney didn't know he had a website. Read any MSM link and you'll know he had it at the time of bond. He was soliciting funds before his arrest.

2. You can't convince the State didn't know he had a website and was soliciting funds before his arrest.

3. And of course, you can't convince me that GZ didn't know he had funds in his PP account prior to his arrest.

Mark O&#8217;Mara, the attorney representing George Zimmerman, told the judge in the Trayvon Martin shooting case Friday that his client had much more money on hand than he had revealed to the court at his bond hearing on April 20.

The PP account must have been the pink elephant sitting in the courtroom that day. All of them (State, Defense, GZ) avoiding it (IMHO). Though I can't figure out WHY the State didn't bring it up or question it at all. If they did, would someone please refresh my memory!

My question is - did someone lie under oath during the bond hearing about the money? This is the only way I can see how it would play into increasing or revoking his bond (the bond hearing would be a moot point if a witness lied under oath - start again)! What monies he made AFTER the bond hearing is irrelevant IMHO.

In short, the judge should base his decision on what monies GZ had available on that date. And even then, I don't see how it would play into deciding his bond. Lots of rich criminals have money and still get bond. But the lying under oath (if so) bothers me the most.

MOO of course.

Mel

Exclusive: Interview With Benjamin Crump On Zimmerman..

Crump believes, "George Zimmerman has deecieved everybody. The real George Zimmerman is a person who misleads and manipulates. We think everyone is starting to find out his character the more this goes on."

Crump says, "If George Zimmerman is not telling the truth about how much he has. I may lying about really happened the he admits to killing Trayvon Martin in self-defense."

http://www.wtxl.com/content/localne...Benjamin-Crump-On/jH7XyhrU1UWfqpSoEqHNJg.cspx

I thought the purpose of all of the earlier press was to get an arrest and a trial. But imo, Crump seems to be criticizing, publicly, every aspect of the pre-trial hearings as well. Is he going to try the entire case in the court of public opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member