17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well excuse me but that's pretty stupid then, considering GZ came right out and told his lawyer 3 days after getting let out on bond that he had 200,000 in the account.

And if they put up their house as an asset, what exactly has his mother and father gained, outside of losing their house?

Why wouldn't GZ tell his Parents he had the money to bail himself out instead of making them use their home as collateral?

That timeline was extremely helpful. If GZ was the only one with the account information, and he turned himself in within 48 hours of the website going live, I can see a real possibility that he was shocked to find $150K in the account when he got out on bail, especially if the other sites had only collected a few thousand at most.

I maintain that I doubt that he received any phone calls while in jail, other than with his lawyer. MOM surely would have told him not to.

--i find it harder to believe that he DIDN'T talk to anyone while in jail.

--we've heard that he 'wept most of the night', was afraid, didn't like being exposed to people that he didn't know.......why wouldn't it make sense for omara to tell him to go ahead and talk to his wife, his family...(not about the case) but to calm himself down, have a normal conversation w/ his 'loved ones' etc?

--( and then they could cheer him up w/ news of his suporters/ donations flooding in..)

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

What would the purpose of increasing his bond be then? I can understand he could be seen as a greater flight risk if he had $150,000 at his fingertips, but if MOM is in control of the money, GZ cant take the money and run.

----------------------
Hi, I think the Judge set his bond low never thinking he'd even be able to cover that amount. Maybe they use a "chart" or something to come up with bail amount based on what a person has..:seeya:

--we've heard that he 'wept most of the night', was afraid, didn't like being exposed to people that he didn't know.......why wouldn't it make sense for omara to tell him to go ahead and talk to his wife, his family...(not about the case) but to calm himself down, have a normal conversation w/ his 'loved ones' etc?

--( and then they could cheer him up w/ news of his suporters/ donations flooding in..)

It's speculation unless jail logs are released. We have no idea how often he called or was visited, no idea the content of those conversations. What is a fact is GZ himself was not actively watching the account as it accrued for the majority of the 3 weeks the site was live due to incarceration.

I understand where you are coming from, but I think MOM told GZ that while he is waiting for the bail hearing to do whatever he can to avoid talking to anyone but him. He may have spoken to family, but I personally, just me, dont think that he did.

9 days is not that long to wait to speak to your family if he knows that any jailhouse conversations are going to be released to and disected by the MSM. The MSM whom, in my opinion, has not given fair coverage to GZs side of the story.

I agree with you that it would be difficult not being able to your family for that long though.

That timeline was extremely helpful. If GZ was the only one with the account information, and he turned himself in within 48 hours of the website going live, I can see a real possibility that he was shocked to find $150K in the account when he got out on bail, especially if the other sites had only collected a few thousand at most.

I maintain that I doubt that he received any phone calls while in jail, other than with his lawyer. MOM surely would have told him not to.

IIRC he bought phone minutes on his commissary account. Very much doubt if they were for MOM.
BBM Based on past history , do you honestly think GZ will abide by what his lawyer tells him.:floorlaugh:

this here:

Bond hearing:

O'MARA: Another issue that needs to be considered by the judge is the financial means that George and to a certain extent his family, has available to him. How can you assist financially in securing a bond for George's release?

R. ZIMMERMAN: Well, I am a disabled veteran and don't have a great deal of income. My wife is retired. We have some savings but very little.

O'MARA: Thank you. Do you have any major assets, for example a home that you live in?

R. ZIMMERMAN: We have a home. We have a mortgage on the home.

O'MARA: If a condition of his release were to be that you might need to secure that home such that you couldn't sell it during the time of George's release and that any equity that might exist in that home, would be secured to be surrendered to a bail bondsman if he failed to appear, would you take on that responsibility?

R. ZIMMERMAN: Yes, sir.

O'MARA: In effect would you take on what we might call a second mortgage against your home to secure George's release?

R. ZIMMERMAN: Yes, sir.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.01.html

and his dad didn't know about the money there? I call BS!

I think the Judge set his bond low never thinking he'd even be able to cover that amount.

That would be a violation of the Eighth Amendment to the Constitution.

The Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution requires that bail not be excessive. This means that bail should not be used to raise money for the government or to punish a person for being suspected of committing a crime. Remember: The purpose of bail is to allow the arrested person to remain free until convicted of a crime, and the amount of bail must be no more than is reasonably necessary to keep the suspect from fleeing before a case is over.

Uh, that's not true, considering AC said herself during the presser that he turned himself in to authorities.

COREY: Mr. Zimmerman turned himself and turning himself in was arrested on the capias that had already been issued

--then omara was 'out of the loop' once again.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zim...y-lawyer-tells/story?id=16123136#.T5CjUNVIt84

--video:

Reporter--"zimmerman's attorney tells ABC News his client was blindsided when he was charged."

--article:

The lawyer [omara] has expressed fears for Zimmerman's safety and he said Zimmerman went to the prosecutor's office in Jacksonville Wednesday out of concern for his safety, unaware he would be arrested and charged with murder.

--b/c he happened to be there anyway when arrested is hardly the same thing as 'turning himself in'.

The world isn't quite that black and white.
Not all landlords do anything, but many of them collect rent in person.
Provides a built in check on your property.

GZ has never owned a home, rented his whole life. It isn't much of a leap to think he is doing the same thing right now. Less of a jump than some of the others we are seeing.
If you go back and read what I quoted, my post will make sense. I never said all landlords do this, some do collect in person. The other member said GZ would have paid a year's worth of rent up front, to stop the landlord from coming over on a monthly basis. I do not believe GZ would pay a year of rent, when he may have to high-tail it out of there. Furthermore, I stated that if GZ was actually paying rent, the landlord wouldn't have to come over, he could use the good ole USPS.

IIRC he bought phone minutes on his commissary account. Very much doubt if they were for MOM.
BBM Based on past history , do you honestly think GZ will abide by what his lawyer tells him.:floorlaugh:

Yes, I do believe he will listen to his lawyer. We see his past history through two different perspectives.

I think "most people" would - but I don't think GZ is "most people".

Exactly. He's not known for meekly sitting by and doing what someone else tells him to, not even dispatch. Why would he listen to his lawyer now? I hope MOM realizes what kind of client he has.

It's speculation unless jail logs are released. We have no idea how often he called or was visited, no idea the content of those conversations. What is a fact is GZ himself was not actively watching the account as it accrued for the majority of the 3 weeks the site was live due to incarceration.
BBM. You mean the 12 DAYS while he was in jail. That would be less than even two weeks.

And this...From the bond hearing:

O'MARA: Another condition or another concern the court would have is a bond amount. I would ask you then realizing that one option is for the court to grant a monetary bond, if you could advise the court of your financial circumstances so I'll ask you a couple of questions.

Are you working presently?

S. ZIMMERMAN: No, I'm not.

O'MARA: And how do you -- what do you do with your time?

S. ZIMMERMAN: I am a nursing student.

O'MARA: OK. Is that a full-time endeavor presently? S. ZIMMERMAN: Yes, it is.

O'MARA: OK. How long have you been doing that?

S. ZIMMERMAN: Well, I am four weeks away from my graduation.

O'MARA: OK. So you're not earning any income presently?

S. ZIMMERMAN: Correct.

O'MARA: Do you own the home that you live or lived in?

S. ZIMMERMAN: No, sir.

O'MARA: Other major assets that you have which you can liquidate reasonably to assist in coming up with money for a bond?

S. ZIMMERMAN: None that I know of.

O'MARA: I discussed with you the pending motion to have your husband, George, declared indigent for cost, have I not?

S. ZIMMERMAN: Yes, you have.

O'MARA: Are you of any financial means where you could assist in those costs?

S. ZIMMERMAN: Not that I'm aware of.

O'MARA: I understand that you do have other family members present with you and I'll ask them questions of them but have you had discussions with them of at least trying to pool together some funds to accomplish a bond?

S. ZIMMERMAN: We have discussed that, trying to pull together the numbers of the family to scrape up anything that we possibly can.

----------------------
Hi, I think the Judge set his bond low never thinking he'd even be able to cover that amount. Maybe they use a "chart" or something to come up with bail amount based on what a person has..:seeya:

IMO, If he'd wanted to do that, he would have set the $1 million bond requested by the State. Or even half or a quarter of that.

And this...From the bond hearing:

O'MARA: I understand that you do have other family members present with you and I'll ask them questions of them but have you had discussions with them of at least trying to pool together some funds to accomplish a bond?

S. ZIMMERMAN: We have discussed that, trying to pull together the numbers of the family to scrape up anything that we possibly can.

But it just so happens that a donation account with 200K was overlooked.... we don't know how that happened.

BBM. You mean the 12 DAYS while he was in jail. That would be less than even two weeks.

My error, it was 2 weeks. The site went live on the 9th. It went down on the 24th. 16 days. Of those 16 days, GZ was in jail for 12 of them.

But it just so happens that a donation account with 200K was overlooked.... we don't know how that happened.

They also said RZ was running it and didn't know how much was in it. State should of followed up with a question like 'have you spoke to RZ about the account' and 'where is RZ now', etc, etc.

They also said RZ was running it and didn't know how much was in it. State should of followed up with a question like 'have you spoke to RZ about the account' and 'where is RZ now', etc, etc.

I agree. I don't think anyone (State or GZ) dreamed that there was so much $ in there at the time. Hindsight is 20/20.

I honestly don't think the State cares that much, either. Much ado about nothing, imo. I agree with your other posts. They'll reset bail based on the actual funds available, or decide not to, whichever. And it will be over and done. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo