17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they do. Isn't that where Joran VS is in jail or is it Chile??

He's in Peru. I was just about to post that he will be extradited here to the states soon so I would imagine the answer to that question would be yes.

~jmo~

I'm so confused.

I need to find out if the information I got was wrong.

It sounded like it was new footage, but...???

I am not sure what footage you are talking about.
There were photos of bunch of investigators standing around, some in t-shirts. Zimmerman was not one of those people.

IMO Not necessarily a discrepancy; there could have been more than one payment. JMO

BBM

Why wouldn't he say that then? Why tell AC360 one thing and JVM another about how he received it? To me it sounds like he changed his story from receiving all the money via fedex to transferring it moments after he found out about it. imo.

:moo:

I am asking myself, why are the pictures of GZ's bloody head important? What do they add to what we know about this case? The answer is nothing. The injuries to the back of his head tell us NOTHING about who started the fight. GZ says Trayvon immediately punched him in the nose. If we see a pic of his face, that may lend more credence to his story.

No one denies that there was a struggle.

IMO, the bloody head pics-real, fake, inaccurate, accurate-are a red herring. It makes people say GZ really was injured. He may have been, but pics of his face would be more enlightening.

All JMO

Agreed. I'll take it even further. Even IF he has a bloody/broken nose, your post still applies, as far as importance of his injuries go.
How do we know that GZ didn't try to detain Trayvon physically (and/or at gunpoint) and TM did anything he could to get away?

Like you, I am really curious to see a picture or 2 of his face, as well. You would think if there were any substantial injuries there, that the "picture taker" would have been sure to add them. :waitasec:

I guess they thought we were all imbeciles and wouldn't determine, in a heartbeat, that those were minor scratches/scrapes on the back of his head.

I am asking myself, why are the pictures of GZ's bloody head important? What do they add to what we know about this case? The answer is nothing. The injuries to the back of his head tell us NOTHING about who started the fight. GZ says Trayvon immediately punched him in the nose. If we see a pic of his face, that may lend more credence to his story.

No one denies that there was a struggle.

IMO, the bloody head pics-real, fake, inaccurate, accurate-are a red herring. It makes people say GZ really was injured. He may have been, but pics of his face would be more enlightening.

All JMO

The bloody head photo corroborates GZ's story. It's a simple as that. Whether the photo is authentic or not, only time will tell.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

The bloody head photo corroborates GZ's story. It's a simple as that. Whether the photo is authentic or not, only time will tell.

I don't think it corroborates his story according to Insp. Gilbreath. It just corroborates that he hit his head on an object harder than his head. People fall every day and get injuried. But it in no way proves TM aggressively attacked GZ. I also believe Insp. Gilbreath said the evidence from the crime scene conflicts with GZ's statements regarding their first encounter and he went on to name accounts by witnesses, the location of the body and the body itself. jmo

It only corroborates his story if LE can produce pictures and some testimony from a medical person that would be willing to state that those injuries are at the least consistant with having your head hit against concrete. Not a lay person but a medical person, they would have to have been taken while he was in custody, since anything that is dated after he left the Police station is just not evidence that he was injured that night...he could have been injured later on that morning and then gone to a doctor

There is a reason that Police do things by standard procedures, they document all injuries, with photos and rulers for scale from many angles and get all medical documentation, it is NOT at all unusual for people to injure themselves and claim that someone else did it, if LE did not do that in this case then we are left to believe that they didn't really see anything worth documenting, or they just really really dropped the ball, and they all need to be fired and a whole new department hired

FWIW those injuries are way too far up on his head to have been from having his head hit against concrete, he might have been hit in the head with concrete and gotten those, maybe and that video was actually damning as far as the broken nose IMO and I have seen quite a few broken noses IMO JMHO and stuff.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169322"]Alabama Teen shot in head during robbery attempt - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

17-year-old Summer Moody has died.

R.I.P. Summer!

Hope that you and Trayvon will be good friends and that you both look over our littlest angels. Although there are clear differences in these cases (Summer may have been commiting a crime) the biggest thing that connects these cases is the differences and how it really brings it into perspective that what George Zimmerman did that night -- when he stepped out of that vehicle and followed Trayvon -- was wrong. The same way everyone is saying those men had no right to chase these teens, George Zimmerman had no right to chase Trayvon -- even more so as Trayvon was not commiting a crime.

MOO

Not even close to being that simple. Just because someone has a minor injury (that happened to bleed a bit) does NOT give them license to kill another human being.

If one individual started a "fight" with someone else, and the instigator happened to be getting his azz kicked, is it then OK for him to kill the person he started the fight with? NO.

It does not matter if Zimmerman has a head wound. What matters is that Zimmerman provoked the use of force against himself by initiating a confrontation and ended up killing the person he was struggling with, IMO.

Alabama Teen shot in head during robbery attempt - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

17-year-old Summer Moody has died.

R.I.P. Summer!

Hope that you and Trayvon will be good friends and that you both look over our littlest angels. Although there are clear differences in these cases (Summer may have been commiting a crime) the biggest thing that connects these cases is the differences and how it really brings it into perspective that what George Zimmerman did that night -- when he stepped out of that vehicle and followed Trayvon -- was wrong. The same way everyone is saying those men had no right to chase these teens, George Zimmerman had no right to chase Trayvon -- even more so!

MOO

But DA isn't charging any of the men one of whom allegedly shot Summer.
Even though she clearly was not fighting with anyone but was presumably hiding in bushes.
Where is special prosecutor for Summer's family?

But DA isn't charging any of the men one of whom allegedly shot Summer.
Even though she clearly was not fighting with anyone but was presumably hiding in bushes.

I posted my prayers that she be given a proper investigation into her death. Trayvon was not commiting a crime when he was walking down the street so George had no right to follow him... just like it is being said that these men had no right to follow Summer and those boys... even though they were commiting a crime.

I do hope they do a proper investigation. I just think it brings everything into perspective for me.

MOO

I posted my prayers that she be given a proper investigation into her death. Trayvon was not commiting a crime when he was walking down the street so George had no right to follow him... just like it is being said that these men had no right to follow Summer and those boys... even though they were commiting a crime.

I do hope they do a proper investigation. I just think it brings everything into perspective for me.

MOO

They already did an investigation. There will be no charges in Summer's case against the adult males, according to DA. She just gave a press conference. No charges at all for adult males.

It only corroborates his story if LE can produce pictures and some testimony from a medical person that would be willing to state that those injuries are at the least consistant with having your head hit against concrete. Not a lay person but a medical person, they would have to have been taken while he was in custody, since anything that is dated after he left the Police station is just not evidence that he was injured that night...he could have been injured later on that morning and then gone to a doctor

There is a reason that Police do things by standard procedures, they document all injuries, with photos and rulers for scale from many angles and get all medical documentation, it is NOT at all unusual for people to injure themselves and claim that someone else did it, if LE did not do that in this case then we are left to believe that they didn't really see anything worth documenting, or they just really really dropped the ball, and they all need to be fired and a whole new department hired

FWIW those injuries are way too far up on his head to have been from having his head hit against concrete, he might have been hit in the head with concrete and gotten those, maybe and that video was actually damning as far as the broken nose IMO and I have seen quite a few broken noses IMO JMHO and stuff.

Sorry for quoting my own post but I want to edit to add

It actually would only corroborate that his head was hit against concrete or something, and that he had a broken nose....the fact of these injuries does NOT tell us why or how he got them...If he got a broken nose because he was trying to hold Trayvon and got head butted, that is a far cry from being punched in the nose, and if he got the scratches on his head from falling against something in the struggle that is not having his head hit against concrete. IMO JMHO and stuff.

The following states have Stand Your Ground Laws, guess they all will be losing out on lots of tourist dollars.

Alabama

Arizona

Florida

Georgia

Indiana

Kentucky

Louisiana

Michigan

Montana

New Hampshire

Oklahoma

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

Glad to see my great state on the list.

I think the majority are second amendment supporters, but I think there are many people who think he is being charged with too high of charge and that he charged only because of political pressure. When you look at the cases Florida has given immunity to there are several that are much more questionable than this one. That is why they didn't charge him the first night and only did when the public outrage boiled over. Many people find it offensive to see someone drug through the mud for the wrong reasons.

He should have been arrested that night and charged with manslaughter. That was the fair thing to do. What happened to TM that night was unfair and what is happening to GZ is unfair in the eyes of many people. Unequal application of the law.

This has been said so many times now (by a lot of posters--I don't mean that you have been repetitive) that I just have to ask: on what basis are posters insisting that GZ should have been charged with manslaughter rather than 2nd degree murder.

Obviously, a successful SYG appeal would negate either. So what is the available evidence that proves manslaughter, but can't be interpreted to support 2nd degree?

In my experience in California, the difference can be a very close call.

They already did an investigation. There will be no charges in Summer's case against the adult males, according to DA. She just gave a press conference. No charges at all for adult males.

Oh, thanks. Didn't know that. I'll keep my eyes on that thread because I think the boys might end up being charged then.

But, you have to admit, it really does bring things into perspective when looking at this case and how utterly disgusting it was for George to follow after Trayvon, with a loaded gun, when all he was doing was walking down the street.

MOO

Because MOM said he only learned Wednesday of the amount and GZ has been in jail. No fedex capabilities in jail I suppose???? jmo

So the president of the Florida Bar Association is going to say on the air in front of millions of people, a lie about fed exing the accounts? Why would he do that?

Four years ago the firm of Parks and Crump donated One Million Dollars to Legal Services of North Florida.

http://parkscrump.com/attorneys/benjamin-crump/
A million dollars to a deserving organization is very generous indeed. And undeniably very good publicity for Crump's firm and his smiling face. IMO. Wasn't this media story and photo in relation to the $7.4 million settlement Crump's firm won in the 2007 Martin Lee Anderson "boot camp" case?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._martin-lee-anderson-boot-camp-military-style

I have no information as to how much of that settlement went to the victim's family, and how much Crump's firm netted. But hypothetically, a 30% contingency fee (low to average rate for a high-dollar case IMO) would mean the attorneys' share would be in excess of $2 million.

The million-dollar donation would have left them with a cool million-plus, and a priceless amount of good press. Nothing wrong with that, but IMO I find it informative to objectively look at the bigger picture for context. I'm interested in Crump's motives. In the Trayvon case, I'm not sure he has always acted 100% in the best interests of Trayvon' mom and dad, but that's just MO.

I wonder:

Could Crump be the "witness" the judge was referring to -- the one he said was getting a bit too much media face-time?

JMO
/bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members