17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the HOA newsletter simply instructed residents to contact GZ if they were aware of a crime (after police had been notified), so that he could spread the word and make other residents aware, a la Neighborhood Watch?
--

Attorneys say that part of the case would likely be a newsletter sent by the association to residents in February, which is the same month as the shooting that said Zimmerman was the go-to person for residents who had been the victim of a crime.

Under the heading "Neighborhood Watch," the newsletter's message recommended that residents first call police and then "please contact our Captain, George Zimmerman ... so he can be aware and help address the issue with other residents."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...artins-family-may-sue-homeowners-association/

--
ICBW, but I don't recall hearing that the HOA had endorsed GZ as the official contact for all "safety issues" in the neighborhood as was mentioned upthread. JMO

BBM

How much more official can you get when the HOA identifies you as their Captain???? jmo

Oh I agree, it's just that O'Mara has now told TWO stories about how he received all that money from George.. which begs the question, WHY?

This is what he said on JVM tonight around 6 minutes into the show:

“As soon as the opportunity presented itself for George to discuss it with me, …[we were]… transferring it into a trust account literally moments later so I know his position in it…”

But last night on AC360 he said George fedexed "checks" to him. So, another discrepancy from the defense jmo. :banghead:

:moo:

Thanks. That does seem a bit unclear. Did they transfer all the money moments later, or only some of it and checks were sent later via FedEx? Hard to say.

Thank you for being willing to subject yourself to that, I can't bring myself to do it, so thanks for taking one for the team and keeping us updated on all the latest weirdness.

I'd have to triple my blood pressure medication to watch FT. :banghead:

One thing I noticed here, none of us are arguing over FT being a super obnoxious person. :floorlaugh:

Yeah and my Nanny (Grandma) used to say, "show me your friends and I'll tell you what you are" she also said..
"Birds of a feather flock together"

Hmmmmm....

And yet the photo taken of GZ's bleeding head right after the shooting shows him…wearing the jacket.
I'm so confused.

I need to find out if the information I got was wrong.

It sounded like it was new footage, but...???

How much more official can you get when the HOA identifies you as their Captain???? jmo

At the very least the HOA is going to have to affirm that they did NOT know that GZ carried a gun, and our friend FT, stated on JVM that he at least was aware that GZ carried a gun on patrol, which begs the question of who else knew it IMO, JMHO and stuff.

:praying:
gestions.jpg

:praying:​

The idea of bail is to keep you from running. If GZ had $200k cash available he may have no problem running especially if money keeps pouring in. It based on what you would have to lose if you fled. With $200k cash GZ would have nothing to lose. jmo

But where is he going to go? He has all of the US to flee per the judge and his probation conditions. 200K isn't do you any good in Europe since the dollar is worth .50 cents. If he fled, the FBI would shut down his donation account and would catch up with him quickly. JMHO.

Mel

Frank talked about the website he started for George. I am not sure what date he gave on Jane's TV show for when he started it, but, the WHOIS shows it was started thru GoDaddy on March 28, for two years. It was registered in Francis Taaffe name.

The website has not disappeared exactly, in spite of how O'Mara described 'those other two websites' being removed but, there is no information there and no paypal. It says:
We're Sorry
The website is temporarily offline. We hope to return again soon.

MOM has to give the state a full accounting of the money, then the state can ask the judge to raise the bond or whatever they feel is appropriate be done.

I'm sorry, I'm only up to page 10. Has this been said yet?

The defendant is presumed innocent, so bond is not a punishment; it's just supposed to be an encouragement to show up for trial.

If GZ's paypal account and all donations are held in trust by Mr. O'Mara (as we now hear they are), then GZ can't use that money to escape the jurisdiction. If he has no independent source of income, the paypal donations don't make him a greater flight risk.

Lying to the Court is indeed galling (and I think it's clear that "lies of omission" occurred, at the very least). But I don't really see any justification for raising GZ's bond. Perhaps Judge Lester will correct me after he has a chance to look at the accounts.

(ETA: Oops. Sorry. IANAL.)

Really?

I don't have any limits but my paypal account is a business one.
Really. I didn't know it until I sold something for a friend. I never inquired why, as I haven't sold anything that big since. Mine wasn't a business account. It's on the Paypal end, not Ebay.

Frank talked about the website he started for George. I am not sure what date he gave on Jane's TV show for when he started it, but, the WHOIS shows it was started thru GoDaddy on March 28, for two years. It was registered in Francis Taaffe name.

The website has not disappeared exactly, in spite of how O'Mara described 'those other two websites' being removed but, there is no information there and no paypal. It says:
We're Sorry
The website is temporarily offline. We hope to return again soon.

I'm pretty sure he said he started it on March 28 but I could be mistaken.

~jmo~

But where is he going to go? He has all of the US to flee per the judge and his probation conditions. 200K isn't do you any good in Europe since the dollar is worth .50 cents. If he fled, the FBI would shut down his donation account and would catch up with him quickly. JMHO.

Mel

He'd flee where they all flee. To a country that would not send him back. jmo

I am asking myself, why are the pictures of GZ's bloody head important? What do they add to what we know about this case? The answer is nothing. The injuries to the back of his head tell us NOTHING about who started the fight. GZ says Trayvon immediately punched him in the nose. If we see a pic of his face, that may lend more credence to his story.

No one denies that there was a struggle.

IMO, the bloody head pics-real, fake, inaccurate, accurate-are a red herring. It makes people say GZ really was injured. He may have been, but pics of his face would be more enlightening.

All JMO

I'm sorry, I'm only up to page 10. Has this been said yet?

The defendant is presumed innocent, so bond is not a punishment; it's just supposed to be an encouragement to show up for trial.

If GZ's paypal account and all donations are held in trust by Mr. O'Mara (as we now hear they are), then GZ can't use that money to escape the jurisdiction. If he has no independent source of income, the paypal donations don't make him a greater flight risk.

Lying to the Court is indeed galling (and I think it's clear that "lies of omission" occurred, at the very least). But I don't really see any justification for raising GZ's bond. Perhaps Judge Lester will correct me after he has a chance to look at the accounts.

(ETA: Oops. Sorry. IANAL.)

Not sure the problem was just GZ. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members