17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any legal eagles in here? I want to know how it's okay that GZ has over $200,000, but it's not a big deal to the judge. Has GZ been declared indigent? How can he maintain this status with his money making Paypal account? I just don't understand this at all. I so wish we had a legal thread for this case as we sorely need one.

What the Judge said is that he may not have jurisdiction over the money. If the account was setup by RX, controlled by RZ and RZ was the only one with access, then the court does not have jurisdiction over it.

I'm really upset that the judge doesn't care. Apparently in Florida, it's okay to have big money and spend it, and also claim you're indigent. Wonderful state there.

---------------

Hi, I think the Judge said something about the money affecting the bail amount. Sounded to me like he would check something out. If he continues to get money like that he wont be able to claim he is indigent. People will actually hurt him by contributing to him.:floorlaugh:

IIRC, Fridays were always a pretty reliable bet for doc dumps. :)

I dont think there are any documents to dump yet. I dont think the prosecution has provided any discovery that could be dumped yet. I'm guessing some time next week.

I was so hoping O'Mara was above the usual defense trickery, smoke, and mirrors. I am so disappointed that he seems to be on Baez's level with it! What else is he going to use smoke and mirrors for? What a circus, and what a ringmaster lawyer at the center of it!

If MOM was using trickery, smoke and mirrors, then he would have kept this money hidden. He came forward to disclose this of his own free will. Had MOM not disclosed this I am not sure how it would have ever been found out.

Zimmerman could have called Paypal from the jail for the balance. OMara could of accessed the account for Zimmerman as his lawyer.

I do not have a link, but I am pretty sure that PayPal would not accept a collect call from a jail. :floorlaugh:

If GZs brother had control over the PayPal account, there is no way legally that O'mara could have access without the brothers permission. JMO

JMO/IMO
Who was the one witness that's frequently on TV that the judge is concerned about? Is it FT???

It'll be interesting to see if FT appears tonight on Anderson Cooper or one of those shows he's been on many times defending GZ.

---------------

Hi, I think the Judge said something about the money affecting the bail amount. Sounded to me like he would check something out. If he continues to get money like that he wont be able to claim he is indigent. People will actually hurt him by contributing to him.:floorlaugh:

Okay, good. I'm glad to hear that. So I guess he hasn't been declared indigent yet? I hope you're right about this. I hope people keep sending him money so it does hurt him.

ETA: Oh wait, MOM had the account shut down. Well, at least he won't be getting any more money. It just irks me that an accused murderer is apparently living better than most people right now.

It'll be interesting to see if FT appears tonight on Anderson Cooper or one of those shows he's been on many times defending GZ.

Oh please, Taafe, explain this to us. I really want to hear this explanation!

If MOM was using trickery, smoke and mirrors, then he would have kept this money hidden. He came forward to disclose this of his own free will. Had MOM not disclosed this I am not sure how it would have ever been found out.

How about IRS? The Justice Department? Not disclosing it could get MOM disbarred, IMO. Not sure MOM is willing to give up his income as an attorney just so GZ can hide some money from the court. jmo

AFTER the bail hearing, which is where he SHOULD have disclosed the money first. That is still smoke and mirrors to me. He waited to disclose it to get his client a lower bail. And now he comes forward? Probably to protect himself and his reputation. He's not going down for GZ, but he'll sure use trickery to get things for his client. Not good at all in my book. He's just another sleazy defense lawyer in Florida. And I was defending him before today!

Okay, good. I'm glad to hear that. So I guess he hasn't been declared indigent yet? I hope you're right about this. I hope people keep sending him money so it does hurt him.

ETA: Oh wait, MOM had the account shut down. Well, at least he won't be getting any more money. It just irks me than accused murderer is apparently living better than most people right now.

MOM has set up a GZ legal defense fund thru his law office. Someone linked it several pages ago. It isn't open for donations yet, IIRC.

O'Mara did the right thing. I admire him for that.

ETA: Oh wait, MOM had the account shut down. Well, at least he won't be getting any more money. It just irks me that an accused murderer is apparently living better than most people right now.

I think MOM put the $150,000 in a trust under the law firms control so they can get more money donated into the trust. jmo

As I was just cooking some lunch... I thought about something. Who thinks $150,000 will last long as a defense fund. Flying in experts, etc. LOL. It's a mere drop in the bucket. I think the legal question here is can bond/bail be paid from a legal defense fund? I don't see why it could. Some peeps are in deep doo-doo for misrepresenting their intentions. JMO.

Do we know if FT was a witness to what happened that night? Was he there at all that night? If not, then I think the judge was talking about another witness.

I think MOM put the $150,000 in a trust under the law firms control so they can get more money donated into the trust. jmo

Hopefully, but I doubt it, that money will go to legal fees. I just don't trust MOM at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roroho