17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is that Zimmerman isn't the sharpest crayon in the box. He barely has a two-hear degree in Criminal Justice, yet he wants to be a judge. Surely he knows you need to be a lawyer before a judge!

And I want to know why he doesn't mention any "suspicious" behaviors by Martin. Was he lurking in the shadows, looking in residence windows? Not according to the 911 call. He was black and therefore suspicious based on the color of his skin. And THAT is racism!!

Just jumping off your post but if we consider GZ posts, we must also consider TM post of racially-charged epitaphs, and violence. All MOO

Can we link to those? If not, then we can't "consider" that for the purposes of discussion.

I'm not blaming or faulting anyone, nor am I placing an onus. I just wrote what my thoughts are on the subject. I also explained why I think George may not have identified himself first, and what I don't understand about why Trayvon did not identify himself - especially if he thought he was about to be shot. The other side of those explanations has been offered many times over, so it's not like I felt I needed to cover those explanations again in my posts.

How often does that work? Some stranger follows you for an unknown reason, there is a confrontation and you end up in fear of being shot, and you tell them, "Hi, my name is Such and Such", and they say, "OK, never mind, you can go now, I won't shoot you after all"?

It's not the obvious response imo unless you are aware that the reason you are going to be shot is that the other guy doesn't know your name, which would require some mind reading skills unless GZ identified himself and told TM what his problem with Trayvon was. It has been reported that he said there was no problem.

I agree. Zimmerman was not concerned about the SAFETY of his neighbors - he was protecting their PROPERTY in his mind by stalking a person walking down the street. The fact that Martin was black was the entire suspicious behavior reported to the police. At no time does Zimmerman say he is acting suspiciously in his 911 call. At no time does he say there is a robbery in progress. Martin was suspicious because of his attire and the color of his skin.

lmbo.........scuse the double post, but to delete one would take 3 hours. :floorlaugh:

The Sanford police chief closed the case shortly after Trayvon was killed, George was released free & clear within hours, based on his claim of SYG. And no one was even talking about this closed case until Trayvon's parents sought answers in March, see article below. By the way, the first WS thread regarding George gunning down Trayvon wasn't started until March 8.

George hasn't been victimized by anyone, he got himself into this mess by unnecessarily following then killing a kid (George's word) when he KNEW police were on the way. He was told to NOT follow but did anyways and shot Trayvon within minutes, approx 233 ft from his parked vehicle (per SFD calls re address of shooting & Concerned Papa measurements). He pursued Trayvon almost the length of a FOOTBALL FIELD before killing him. George is in no way a victim, imo.

Reuters article March 7, 2012
http://news.yahoo.com/family-florida-boy-killed-neighborhood-watch-seeks-arrest-044537742.html
George was stalking a juvenile without a good reason.

How often does that work? Some stranger follows you for an unknown reason, there is a confrontation and you end up in fear of being shot, and you tell them, "Hi, my name is Such and Such", and they say, "OK, never mind, you can go now, I won't shoot you after all"?

It's not the obvious response imo unless you are aware that the reason you are going to be shot is that the other guy doesn't know your name, which would require some mind reading skills unless GZ identified himself and told TM what his problem with Trayvon was. It has been reported that he said there was no problem.
Trayvon was a teenager. Teenagers wouldn't think of identifying themselves. He was probably scared because he was being followed. He had every right to be there so why would he think he had to identify himself? To an unknown stranger?

Stop discussing each others sig and avatars.

The forum is running slow for me too :-(

Admin is working on it though :)

Can we link to those? If not, then we can't "consider" that for the purposes of discussion.

Another good point, we can't link to them that I'm aware of. Not discussable at this time. If it changes we'll let you all know.

Trayvon was a teenager. Teenagers wouldn't think of identifying themselves. He was probably scared because he was being followed. He had every right to be there so why would he think he had to identify himself? To an unknown stranger?

JMO/IMO

Since SYG, I'm not sure what parents should teach. Stranger danger is probably out the window, though. Maybe it's time for the stranger is your friend, do whatever he tells you to....we just don't want you to be shot.
In the end, the stranger can shoot to kill, and as long as he depicts a "reasonable" scenario to LE, he might just get away with it.

Not a MSM link. And his Gmail was allegedly hacked by Anonymous, not a "white supremacist" group. The twitter account was scraped by an independent Social Media information gathering company, hired by the Daily Caller.

BBM
No kidding? It's a bing search an internet explorer search engine, instead of putting different links I gave the 'search'....:what:

Could you flip this around? Could Trayvon believe between the two of them he was the person who had the right to be there. Could Trayvon have not seen GZ there before that night? Could Trayvon have seen GZ as someone who might do harm to him? Why would GZ not think Trayvon was just an innocent kid?

If you flip it around, of course Trayvon could have felt, and probably did feel, that he belonged where he was. However, he also likely did realize, imo, that he was not in a neighborhood where he is familiar to the neighbors. But most importantly, he was in tiny gated community at the time. I believe it only had three streets or so. He wasn't walking down a public street or in an obviously dangerous neighborhood where, imo, you might more reasonably draw the conclusion that someone who was following you and asked what you were doing there was just some random creeper. I live in a similarly tiny gated community and I would assume, I think reasonably based on that question, that whomever was following me didn't intend to throw me into his vehicle or similar. To my mind, it's just not a question that is likely to be asked by a predator. It's a question that would be asked by someone who also belonged where they were and is suspicious of what *I* was doing there. Rightly or wrongly. jmo

I have been looking for the TM was 70 yards from the house or door and can't find one, (msm)everything about that is in a blog or someones opinion, is there a link to this being true?

MOM actually stated that during the bond hearing, while he was questioning the investigator.

MOM actually stated that during the bond hearing, while he was questioning the investigator.

The information on how far TM was from his temporary home:
Trayvon Martin Case Spotlights Florida Town's History Of 'Sloppy' Police Work
Posted: 04/ 9/2012 8:35 am Updated: 04/ 9/2012 1:01 pm
<SNIP>
At roughly 7:14 p.m., Zimmerman ends the call. Less than three minutes later, Trayvon Martin was dead from a single gunshot wound to the chest from Zimmerman's Kal-Tec 9 mm pistol, which he carried in a holster on his belt. Police arrived almost immediately and found Martin face-down and motionless in a patch of grass about 70 yards from the back porch of his father's girlfriend's house.

<SNIP>
CORRECTION: A previous version of this article stated that Martin was shot and killed 70 feet from his father's girlfriend's back porch. The distance was yards.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/09/trayvon-martin-cops-botched-investigation_n_1409277.html

If you flip it around, of course Trayvon could have felt, and probably did feel, that he belonged where he was. However, he also likely did realize, imo, that he was not in a neighborhood where he is familiar to the neighbors. But most importantly, he was in tiny gated community at the time. I believe it only had three streets or so. He wasn't walking down a public street or in an obviously dangerous neighborhood where, imo, you might more reasonably draw the conclusion that someone who was following you and asked what you were doing there was just some random creeper. I live in a similarly tiny gated community and I would assume, I think reasonably based on that question, that whomever was following me didn't intend to throw me into his vehicle or similar. To my mind, it's just not a question that is likely to be asked by a predator. It's a question that would be asked by someone who also belonged where they were and is suspicious of what *I* was doing there. Rightly or wrongly. jmo

Pedephiles, killers, psychopaths, etc. can also live in 'tiny' gated communities. In fact, a killer did live in THIS 'tiny' gated community, didn't he?

Just jumping off your post but if we consider GZ posts, we must also consider TM post of racially-charged epitaphs, and violence. All MOO

I would say only if the social media site your using is AUTHENTICATEd. GZ's MS has been.

Pedephiles, killers, psychopaths, etc. can also live in 'tiny' gated communities. In fact, a killer did live in THIS 'tiny' gated community, didn't he?

Yes, they do. But my point was that they normally don't ask you what you are doing in the neighborhood before they harm you. Why would they care?

eta: there are also a lot better "targets" for such a person than a 6' tall 17 yo male -- like woman and children, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste