2-15-2013 Dr Phil Show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's the biggest ”tell” of all that it was a huge lying defense strategy. Yeah. Sure. I would want to reconcile with my incestuous molestor who drowned my two year old daughter (per FCA). BS. those 12 jurors should be ASHAMED of themselves.

I agree with the assessment of the Florida jury.
I think this verdict was categorically wrong on all counts. My hunch is if you had played this trial to 100 average juries they would have delivered a guilty verdict at a rate of 99.9% A lot of these circumstantial cases are merely common sense. It is of course true that common sense can on occasion deliver wrong assessments or answers. But this case was not complex enough so as to invite the jury to suspend common sense thinking.
Of course the” George did it theory” was so absurd as to merit no response at all.
In this case JB successfully duped them and convinced them they should behave as CSI experts

Shame on them!!!

I agree with the assessment of the Florida jury.
I think this verdict was categorically wrong on all counts. My hunch is if you had played this trial to 100 average juries they would have delivered a guilty verdict at a rate of 99.9% A lot of these circumstantial cases are merely common sense. It is of course true that common sense can on occasion deliver wrong assessments or answers. But this case was not complex enough so as to invite the jury to suspend common sense thinking.
Of course the” George did it theory” was so absurd as to merit no response at all.
In this case JB successfully duped them and convinced them they should behave as CSI experts

Shame on them!!!

Shame on them is right - and weren't they willingly led down the garden path by a jury foreman with ironed shorts who had something to prove to his FBI employed brother?

I hope he is forever shamed by his behavior...and his brother never lets him forget he let a monster go free.

I still see him as, a slight less but still, inexperienced rookie lawyer...1 murder trial win does not give you the experience accolades other trial lawyers have...

Inexperienced, rookie... Oh yeah. Although,

I’ve never thought of it as him ‘winning’. He didn't win. In my opinion, there is not one thing he did or said that won that trial. He did a lot of accusing and blaming on other people. Like many guilty children do.

Jose’s defense for Casey was to try to discredit and humiliate innocent people. He did this because he had nothing else.
Casey Anthony didn’t walk because Jose acted as a clever attorney. He didn’t prove that Casey didn’t kill Caylee. Casey walked because the glove didn’t fit. Casey walked because of a jury that didn’t know better. Jose did not earn this one, it was handed to him like a blind man with a tin cup. My opinion, of course.

One thing that stood out regarding jb's statement to John Bradley was that there was no apology there. He admits that he accused Bradley of perjury but never says he is sorry for that.

We'd never hear an apology given in public especially not on NTL TV.
Baez saying he had respect for John Bradley is all he said.

I don't think Baez is apologetic for anything he said during the trial..his reason would be that he was doing his job.

The segment with John Bradley just comes across as a dig at the prosecution. Jb is smirking though the entire segment.

Yes, it does
I can understand John Bradley's frustration with the Prosecution and LE but Baez is using it as a jumping off platform to say things like everyone lied in this case, the Prosecution withheld exculpatory evidence

Baez does not mention he knew of the discrepancy and that LDB spoke with him on June 27.

IF the Prosecution withheld evidence we would have seen Mason/Baez file a Motion for withholding exculpatory evidence against them or a Bar complaint...regardless of the outcome of the trial. :twocents:

Remember, Mason filed a motion against Jeff Ashton after his book came out.

Exactly questions FLMom!! And

:gthanks:

for posting all that transcript for us - I was at work, but I doubt I would have even watched if I could have...

re bold - Wonder if Tricia might have Jose on her show?? :waitasec: Now there would be VERY good questions for him!! :dance: but I seriously doubt he would EVER come on Websleuths Radio !! :notgood: We'd tear him apart!! :floorlaugh:

I think we would have asked him some really good questions and we would be cordial to him..Right? I would approach it as a debate.

Also, he'd have to apologize to Tricia and WS for his negative and nasty comments about the people who are members/post on WS.

I don't think he'd ever come on WS radio because, IMO, we would ask him questions he'd would not want to respond to especially since most of what we know was not mentioned during the trial.

JB:
I think this, and I don't know what you call it, but I noticed that Casey had the unique ability to hide her pain like no one I had ever seen. I would hi and visit her in jail, where she was on lockdown, because of her status, 23 hours a day in a 4 X 6 cell and the girl was happy like she was at a picnic. That again, from what I was being told by the mental health professionals compartmentalization is another symptom of someone who's been abused. You hide it. You don't , you dont face your pain. You hide it and pretended it doesn't exist, and if that's something shred doing all her life, I can see, and it makes a lot, it makes logical sense, that if a tragedy happens, that the person can hide that too.

Sounds like some who could kill her child one morning then go on a date that night.... hmmmm

The segment with John Bradley just comes across as a dig at the prosecution. Jb is smirking though the entire segment.
off topic because this is the Dr P thread, but I've had a smirk on my face ever since reading a quote from someone among her latest batch of lawyers (re her being deposed in the ZFG suit) "they just want to be able to question her about the events of that night"

paraphrased because I don't have the exact quote, but that's what he said and we know what "that night" means

*smirking here*

:seeya:

JB:
I think this, and I don't know what you call it, but I noticed that Casey had the unique ability to hide her pain like no one I had ever seen. I would hi and visit her in jail, where she was on lockdown, because of her status, 23 hours a day in a 4 X 6 cell and the girl was happy like she was at a picnic. That again, from what I was being told by the mental health professionals compartmentalization is another symptom of someone who's been abused. You hide it. You don't , you dont face your pain. You hide it and pretended it doesn't exist, and if that's something shred doing all her life, I can see, and it makes a lot, it makes logical sense, that if a tragedy happens, that the person can hide that too.

RBM
Uh oh!
JB misspoke once again...

Her cell is 130 square feet, or 10 feet wide by 13 feet long. In this small space she has a toilet and a sink.

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ile-at-the-pinellas-county-jail#ixzz2LOgzWO3m

ETA - Oops! I guess I misspoke.
This is the cell size of the Pinellas County jail cell.
I can't find the size for the Orlando one.
A 4 x 6 cell size does sound wrong though.

RBM
Uh oh!
JB misspoke once again...

Her cell is 130 square feet, or 10 feet wide by 13 feet long. In this small space she has a toilet and a sink.

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ile-at-the-pinellas-county-jail#ixzz2LOgzWO3m

ETA - Oops! I guess I misspoke.
This is the cell size of the Pinellas County jail cell.
I can't find the size for the Orlando one.
A 4 x 6 cell size does sound wrong though.

The size of the jail cell was probably 6 feet x 8 feet

Exactly questions FLMom!! And

:gthanks:

for posting all that transcript for us - I was at work, but I doubt I would have even watched if I could have...

re bold - Wonder if Tricia might have Jose on her show?? :waitasec: Now there would be VERY good questions for him!! :dance: but I seriously doubt he would EVER come on Websleuths Radio !! :notgood: We'd tear him apart!! :floorlaugh:

I think we would have asked him some really good questions and we would be cordial to him..Right? I would approach it as a debate.

Also, he'd have to apologize to Tricia and WS for his negative and nasty comments about the people who are members/post on WS.

I don't think he'd ever come on WS radio because, IMO, we would ask him questions he'd would not want to respond to especially since most of what we know was not mentioned during the trial.

Sorry, couldn't edit - but the red above - should say "excellent"!!

You're probably right Intermezzo - we would definitely be very cordial to him! I highly doubt he would ever apologize to Tricia or WS - never! LOL!

And yes, he probably would not respond to the really hard questions we would ask him anyway....

:seeya:

Sorry for the delay but here is the final segment of the show.

DP:
Joining me today is the attorney who defended Casey Anthony, Jose Baez. Now, do you know if George and Casey have reconciled at this point?

JB:
There are reports that state that they have reconciled. I, unfortunately, am not at liberty to discuss anything anything with Casey absent after I stopped representing her, per our agreement. I have to respect that.

DP:
And she does have representation now, is there someone that...

JB:
She does. She has someone handling her civil case, which is the only thing she has open right now.

DP:
And she has a, you don't know whether she's taking bankruptcy our not?

JB:
I, yes, I read that she has declared bankruptcy.

DP:
Declared bankruptcy. Would that in Florida, would that be a way to escape accountability through a civil suit?

JB:
Well first of all I think the civil suit, in my legal opinion, is extremely frivolous. Casey never described this woman who is, who is alleging that she was defamed by Casey. A lot of these lawsuits, anytime someone mentions Casey and wantso to sue her, they get a lot of press coverage and a lot of publicity out of it. The best thing for Casey is to try and get some type of help. That's something I've been adamant with her to do and I certainly hope and wish she does that.

DP:
If you knew then what you know now, would you have taken Casey Anthony's case?

JB:
(laughs) ummm, you know, taking this case when I took it I had no idea it was going to be what it ended up becoming, and I made a lot of personal sacrifices, um, with my family, ummm with my business, with my reputation. I became public enemy number two, and I look back now and I say, would I do it again? Yes, I would. I extremely regret the strain it had on my family. I would do it again because I believe. I'm a true believer. I believe that everyone deserves a string defense. Would I want to do it again? Probably not, but would I? I think it's my oath and my obligation to, and I would say yes, I have to.

DP:
Now I've challenged to the fact of whether or not you had a good faith basis for some of the things that you said about George in this trial. So everybody understands, there is a remedy on the part of the court and if anybody had found you in violation of those canons (?) Of ethics, you could have been sanctioned, any number of things could have been brought to hold you accountable and none of those things came to pass.

JB:
I will say that they tried. During the course of representing Casey I had 26 bar complaints, and I was under fire, being watched, but the very first thing that I did, that a lot of people don't know is that I hired an ethics lawyer to be part of my team and every single thing I did I made sure I covered it with him and it's a trying experience. I worked long and hard. I was the very first person in my family to graduate from college, to become a lawyer. It was very difficult for me and I went through a lot of adversity and there's nothing I value more than my law license and I had to stand in the line of fire when I represented Casey, and fortunately, the Florida Bar agreed with every single thing I did and, ummm, found me , found all of them not to have any merit whatsoever.

DP:
Well that's why I wanted to bring that up. I also wanted to point out that not one person had found you in violation of any of the canons of ethics for zealously representing your client, so I wanted to point that out as well in fairness.

JB:
Thank you.

DP:
Fair enough?

JB:
Fair enough.

DP:
Next, I'll tell you one thing I know for sure about this trial.

commercial break

DP:
We have a lot of fun here in the studio audience. Right? We have a lot of fun. If you're going to be in the Los Angeles area and you would like rr tickets go to .........

I want to thank my guests today including Jose Baez. He's an attorney and author of "Presumed Guilty....." And it's really well written, you did a really good job on this. By the way, everybody in the audience is going to go home with a copy of this book. I know many of you at home have string opinions about Casey Anthony so be sure and log on to drphil.com, facebook, twitter. Let me know what you think. I'll tell you the one thing I know about this case for sure is that do often we get frustrated with what juries come back and do and there is such a huge difference between what we think we know in the court of public opinion and what the jury gets to know in the court of law, and I have to tell you that most of the time I believe jurors get it right, based on the evidence and based on the definition if the law, they get it right, even though it's frustrating sometimes when we know things the jurors can't know.

We'll see you next time. Thanks so much.

Well....thanks again FLMom777 - great job!:seeya:

Too bad Dr. Phil didn't have the courage to say - however in this case I believe the jury did NOT get it right.

Missed his chance to redeem himself - again...:furious:

Sorry for the delay but here is the final segment of the show.

DP:
Joining me today is the attorney who defended Casey Anthony, Jose Baez. Now, do you know if George and Casey have reconciled at this point?

JB:
There are reports that state that they have reconciled. I, unfortunately, am not at liberty to discuss anything anything with Casey absent after I stopped representing her, per our agreement. I have to respect that.

DP:
And she does have representation now, is there someone that...

JB:
She does. She has someone handling her civil case, which is the only thing she has open right now.

DP:
And she has a, you don't know whether she's taking bankruptcy our not?

JB:
I, yes, I read that she has declared bankruptcy.

DP:
Declared bankruptcy. Would that in Florida, would that be a way to escape accountability through a civil suit?

JB:
Well first of all I think the civil suit, in my legal opinion, is extremely frivolous. Casey never described this woman who is, who is alleging that she was defamed by Casey. A lot of these lawsuits, anytime someone mentions Casey and wantso to sue her, they get a lot of press coverage and a lot of publicity out of it. The best thing for Casey is to try and get some type of help. That's something I've been adamant with her to do and I certainly hope and wish she does that.

DP:
If you knew then what you know now, would you have taken Casey Anthony's case?

JB:
(laughs) ummm, you know, taking this case when I took it I had no idea it was going to be what it ended up becoming, and I made a lot of personal sacrifices, um, with my family, ummm with my business, with my reputation. I became public enemy number two, and I look back now and I say, would I do it again? Yes, I would. I extremely regret the strain it had on my family. I would do it again because I believe. I'm a true believer. I believe that everyone deserves a string defense. Would I want to do it again? Probably not, but would I? I think it's my oath and my obligation to, and I would say yes, I have to.

DP:
Now I've challenged to the fact of whether or not you had a good faith basis for some of the things that you said about George in this trial. So everybody understands, there is a remedy on the part of the court and if anybody had found you in violation of those canons (?) Of ethics, you could have been sanctioned, any number of things could have been brought to hold you accountable and none of those things came to pass.

JB:
I will say that they tried. During the course of representing Casey I had 26 bar complaints, and I was under fire, being watched, but the very first thing that I did, that a lot of people don't know is that I hired an ethics lawyer to be part of my team and every single thing I did I made sure I covered it with him and it's a trying experience.
I worked long and hard. I was the very first person in my family to graduate from college, to become a lawyer. It was very difficult for me and I went through a lot of adversity and there's nothing I value more than my law license and I had to stand in the line of fire when I represented Casey, and fortunately, the Florida Bar agreed with every single thing I did and, ummm, found me , found all of them not to have any merit whatsoever.

DP:
Well that's why I wanted to bring that up. I also wanted to point out that not one person had found you in violation of any of the canons of ethics for zealously representing your client, so I wanted to point that out as well in fairness.

JB:
Thank you.

DP:
Fair enough?

JB:
Fair enough.

DP:
Next, I'll tell you one thing I know for sure about this trial.

commercial break

DP:
We have a lot of fun here in the studio audience. Right? We have a lot of fun. If you're going to be in the Los Angeles area and you would like rr tickets go to .........

I want to thank my guests today including Jose Baez. He's an attorney and author of "Presumed Guilty....." And it's really well written, you did a really good job on this. By the way, everybody in the audience is going to go home with a copy of this book. I know many of you at home have string opinions about Casey Anthony so be sure and log on to drphil.com, facebook, twitter. Let me know what you think. I'll tell you the one thing I know about this case for sure is that do often we get frustrated with what juries come back and do and there is such a huge difference between what we think we know in the court of public opinion and what the jury gets to know in the court of law, and I have to tell you that most of the time I believe jurors get it right, based on the evidence and based on the definition if the law, they get it right, even though it's frustrating sometimes when we know things the jurors can't know.

We'll see you next time. Thanks so much.

BBM
He had, he says, 26 violation challenges with the Florida Bar and not one of them stuck. I remembered he had hired an ethics lawyer when he sold the pictures to ABC, but had no idea he'd retained him for the whole trial.

Can we believe him or is this more "Baez-speak"? :waitasec:

This will be interesting to anyone who was considered about the publicity jose Baez received on the Dr. Phil show and how that influenced his book sales since he was apparently there giving it a "BiG PLUG".

So here are the landslide results....kindle sales for the 15th of Feb and the 16th of Feb combined were a total of 58 Kindles. Before and after those two dates he has sold one or two a day.

The total sale of Jose Baez's book for the days of Feb 15 (the day of the show) and the 16th total 12. The days preceeding and following show sales again of one, two or three a day.

So there was a Tool on the show alright, but was it a marketing tool.....:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :great:

Thanks for updating us on the latest sales. You are always on top of these results.

I wonder if the books given away on the show were purchased by Dr Phil and when it showed up in the sales or if they were donated by either JB or his publishing company as a way to get rid of them? I wish one of our members would have been in the audience and could tell us the date/month it was taped.

I guess our next questions will be if Dr Phil's ratings were boosted by JB's appearance and if Dr Phil is trying to keep the door open for that big FCA interview he seems to be craving?

Thanks for updating us on the latest sales. You are always on top of these results.

I wonder if the books given away on the show were purchased by Dr Phil and when it showed up in the sales or if they were donated by either JB or his publishing company as a way to get rid of them? I wish one of our members would have been in the audience and could tell us the date/month it was taped.

I guess our next questions will be if Dr Phil's ratings were boosted by JB's appearance and if Dr Phil is trying to keep the door open for that big FCA interview he seems to be craving?

Why bother paying an old has-been like FCA when we are now getting the sociopathic, lying ramblings of the latest murder trial of a pretty girl for free?!

I'm guessing it was some kind of "private stock" (read buy-back)since I can't find any sign of a big sale that would identify it as the size of a Dr. Phil audience in the last three months.

Watching and posting his sales is only interesting to me when I see our members banging their heads after his appearances as he promotes himself and his book as "highly successful." My answer is okay - let's look at the available statistics. There is nothing like statistics to prove a reality check from the fact or fiction of his blah blah blah.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back