2008.06.16 The girls and the "backpacks"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think the the most plausable explanation right now is that
Casey and her parents had been fighting
Her parents had had it with her lying, stealing, freeloading, lack of responsibilty etc
Casey leaves or gets thrown out and takes Caylee
She uses Caylee to get back at her parents, and probably kills her for the same reason.
At first her parents are accusatory, but then jump on board with Casey's lies.
Why, because they are in denial and down deep feel guilty that his happened, maybe feeling that if they hadn't pushed Casey, Caylee would still be here.

JMCDAD, I'd like very much to agree with this explaination. It seems so logical. She takes her child away as punishment to her parents. But, we don't know the background on the relationship between Casey and her parents. Perhaps this was a common occurance. We don't know if there were other times in the previous months that a fight between Casey and her mom and/ Dad ended with Casey storming out with Caylee in tow. But, she returned later. If this behavior happened often, maybe George and Cindy weren't too alarmed. They expected the pattern to be repeated.
Guilt? Yes, you are so right, the grandparents were buried in it. That would lead them to lie and try to cover for Casey.
Just adding another "maybe" to this strange case

I agree. They were all in lock step with the June 9th date and I can't let that go as just being forgetful.

I've always thought the amount of details by GA regarding the backpacks and clothes was suspicious. Very similar some of the over-detailed stories by KC.

I think the June 9th reference, along with the Blanchard Park story was a plot to mislead LE. I think they were hoping that LE would think Caylees's disappearance was linked to the murder of the jogger in Blanchard Park. Then along comes the Father's Day video. OOOPS. :bang:

I agree. They were all in lock step with the June 9th date and I can't let that go as just being forgetful.

I still can't get over how they knew it was 31 days(not 30, not 32) exactly and yet be so wrong on the date last seen!! I guess that's why they started using notebooks-to keep their stories straight! That still didn't help them though!:rolleyes:

Thanks guys for your responses-
I'm just feeling that these type questions to all the A's separately- would have dispelled some mistruths in the beginning- not KC of course-

I think 3 different stories, same questions- asked differently- then look between the lines for the truth-It's not always what is said- sometimes- it's what's not being said or avoided-I don't believe that KC and Caylee spent the night of the 15th at the A's.

They all seem to want to avoid talking about the evening of the 15th- Could Caylee have gotten hurt during the alleged fight between CA and KC- GA and LA were not there- Is this what KC is referring to when she told C A in the jail video-"Don't worry, I haven't said anything."

KC's story held no water from word one- and - I don't think GA, CA or LA could truly be trusted from the day KC was arrested.
I think the real truth came from CA and LA, on day one and ended there-GA, we just don't know what's real and what's not-
For instance- Caylee's backpack- I thought Dora and Boots right off= but then the discription changed -to Monkeys all over it-?

I remember that also. CA laid he hand on his leg when GVS asked him something. She was very intent on watching him while he answered. Then she seemed to relax a bit after he said what he said. I have to go an hunt of the video of the interview to see what the questions was all about. I remember making a comment to my hubby that I wonder if CA was afraid that GA was going to say something that LE asked him to keep quit about. I know that was my impression at the time. Why I can remember that and not what was said is beyond me. My brain doesn't always cooperate. It seeme like it files things in funny places and I'll being doing something totaly unrelated and it will pop up and I'll remember it after it's not important anymore. :bang::banghead:

The Greta interviews are on page 11 of the media thread. I think CA placed her hand on GA's leg when he was talking about the gas cans.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed or I'm on the wrong forum .. How long does a person have to be dead before the decomp smell is enough for a dog to hit on it? At least 24 hrs?? If so, timeline doesn't make sense for a dog to hit in bedroom unless something cleaned out from car was brought in there later. Also, can't imagine moving a decomposing body around in house or backyard because of instability of body. More likely, items from car were hosed off there before being washed? Then, could dogs have rolled in smelly areas and brought into house?

But, George was already aware that this item was found in the car before he made that statement, correct?

From what I can remember I thought George's statement about the backpack was a WHITE backpack with monkeyS on the back.

Still can't figure out how his memory is so great after 31` days though.

I can barely remember what I wore last week :)

I still can't get over how they knew it was 31 days(not 30, not 32) exactly and yet be so wrong on the date last seen!! I guess that's why they started using notebooks-to keep their stories straight! That still didn't help them though!:rolleyes:

Well, I have a bad feeling about this date omission. I remember JB telling all who would listen that there was a whole other half of the story and when we heard it we would see his client as a courageous woman. So, either he is going to bring up the happenings on the 15th or he is going to use their blatant omission of the date to create a defense for Casey. I hope that made sense.

Well, I have a bad feeling about this date omission. I remember JB telling all who would listen that there was a whole other half of the story and when we heard it we would see his client as a courageous woman. So, either he is going to bring up the happenings on the 15th or he is going to use their blatant omission of the date to create a defense for Casey. I hope that made sense.

Interesting that JB described Casey as "a courageous woman".

In GA"s suicide note he said Casey was a "strong" daughter.

Hmmm :detective:

JMCDAD, I'd like very much to agree with this explaination. It seems so logical. She takes her child away as punishment to her parents. But, we don't know the background on the relationship between Casey and her parents. Perhaps this was a common occurance. We don't know if there were other times in the previous months that a fight between Casey and her mom and/ Dad ended with Casey storming out with Caylee in tow. But, she returned later. If this behavior happened often, maybe George and Cindy weren't too alarmed. They expected the pattern to be repeated.
Guilt? Yes, you are so right, the grandparents were buried in it. That would lead them to lie and try to cover for Casey.
Just adding another "maybe" to this strange case
Bold mine. I think Lee has dispelled this theory for us. He said Casey had never even spent more than a week away from home in all of her life...she may have stormed out with Caylee lot's of times though, you're right about that, and perhaps stayed gone a couple of days or even just a day...but I would think when they got into the new territory of NONE of Caylee's clothes are gone, we have not spoken to nor heard from Caylee in weeks, and Casey is avoiding us like the plague, then they perhaps should have began to seek her out THEN and this path would not have been nearly as cold as it was once they DID find out...

Forgive me if this has already been discussed or I'm on the wrong forum .. How long does a person have to be dead before the decomp smell is enough for a dog to hit on it? At least 24 hrs?? If so, timeline doesn't make sense for a dog to hit in bedroom unless something cleaned out from car was brought in there later. Also, can't imagine moving a decomposing body around in house or backyard because of instability of body. More likely, items from car were hosed off there before being washed? Then, could dogs have rolled in smelly areas and brought into house?

In some of my research, I discovered that the cadaver dogs can begin to detect the death smell within a matter of a couple of hours, with their accuracy in detection increasing hour by hour...

From what I can remember I thought George's statement about the backpack was a WHITE backpack with monkieS on the back.

Yeah, I also thought he said a white backpack with monkeys all over it...

I've had a feeling there was something deliberate about the "June 9th - sorry, we meant June 15th," deal, right from the get-go. And it was LE discovering that mis-date that got CA so upset, not that they were going to visit her father in the nursing home. Remember, that's when she withdrew her so-called co-operation.

I've had a feeling there was something deliberate about the "June 9th - sorry, we meant June 15th," deal, right from the get-go. And it was LE discovering that mis-date that got CA so upset, not that they were going to visit her father in the nursing home. Remember, that's when she withdrew her so-called co-operation.

Oh gosh-you're right! I remember how she was upset about LE going to he nursing home-but where is that? Have to go look!:waitasec:

I've always thought the amount of details by GA regarding the backpacks and clothes was suspicious. Very similar some of the over-detailed stories by KC.

I think the June 9th reference, along with the Blanchard Park story was a plot to mislead LE. I think they were hoping that LE would think Caylees's disappearance was linked to the murder of the jogger in Blanchard Park. Then along comes the Father's Day video. OOOPS. :bang:

Yes!
And I was rewatching the GVS interview, and I hate to say this, because I'm not an expert, but George comes across as being very disingenuous in his explanations, the expression on his face to me screams "I'm lying!" CA explains the mystery of Caylee's father as if she had rehearsed the story. And I can't get over the lack of pleas from them. Here they are on National television and instead of pleading for the safe return of Caylee, they speak as if she has gone on holiday.

Interesting that JB described Casey as "a courageous woman".

In GA"s suicide note he said Casey was a "strong" daughter.

Hmmm :detective:

Yes. I am starting to think they are getting ready to throw GA under the bus.

Yes, and correct me if I am wrong, but the reason they threatened to go to Mt. Dora was because CA was dragging her feet on the date change. I had never really paid much attention to all of that. Sometimes I need to get hit with a 2 by. NOW, I need to go back and do some sleuthin'!!
And a side note. Did the dogs ever hit inside the shed where the gas cans were?

From what I can remember I thought George's statement about the backpack was a WHITE backpack with monkeyS on the back.

:rotfl:

Could something have happened to Caylee DURING the fight between Casey and Cindy.

I can vision a child trying to run up to 2 she cared about who are fighting saying "Don't hurt my mommy" or "Don't hurt my grandma"

Maybe one tried pushing Caylee back away from the fight and Caylee got hurt then? Hence, the cover-up??? :waitasec:

I saw one of my boys last night and I do not remember what he was wearing. but I do remember exactly what he was wearing his first day of kindergarten 21 years ago. I remember what he wore to my house last weekend because he looked particularly good in it. I remember what he wore when I saw him a few days ago, because he was wearing a shirt I gave him.
My point is that sometime we remembr things for different reasons. perhaps George just happened to take note on how cute she looked in that little outfit. Maybe it was an outfit she wore all the time. maybe it was an outfit that he hated or maybe he gave her the outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver