2008.07.28 Lee A. Interview

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by blupencl
Might have been how they found out about her relationship with that LE officer who lost his job. Might have been his card.

I think they found out about the relationship when they searched the computer and found the chats.

I don't understand the smell thing. There would have to something in the trunk to smell, wouldn't there? I know decomp smell slings, but wouldn't even decomp smell dissipate in time unless there was something that kept on smelling? This really leads me to believe that the LE has more than a couple of hairs from that trunk. The A's had to see something when they opened the trunk, didn't they (even if it was wet spot)? I just do not understand how the smell could be that bad and there was nothing (that we have been told about) in the trunk to cause that strong of a smell.

There are probably other interviews, all of the interviews mention things like "when we spoke before" etc. They are trying to firm up their timelines with these interviews. I am sure there are many more interviews not released yet that go into more details about other things that may be evidence related to a murder conviction, this just seems like obstruction and the check charges.

But guys, in LA's defense, I don't think he realized the severity of this at that time. He probably thought Casey was just stringing her mother along like she's always done and things just got out of control. He probably thought she knew exactly where Caylee was. Just like when his mother was trying to call the cops - he thought she was over-reacting and tried to get Casey to fess up to where Caylee was, but she didn't. And now he's in the police dept. giving an interview. He didn't know all of this was going to come to the surface.
On the contrary, I think he did realize the severity when he smelled the overpowering smell that hit him like a "wave." I think he was very forthcoming and I have no doubt that all of them KNEW that there was a dead body in that car, a dead body that was Caylee's.

I've read that inappropriate laughter can also be a sign of deception...

I don't understand the smell thing. There would have to something in the trunk to smell, wouldn't there? I know decomp smell slings, but wouldn't even decomp smell dissipate in time unless there was something that kept on smelling? This really leads me to believe that the LE has more than a couple of hairs from that trunk. The A's had to see something when they opened the trunk, didn't they (even if it was wet spot)? I just do not understand how the smell could be that bad and there was nothing (that we have been told about) in the trunk to cause that strong of a smell.

I think I have a good example. Have you ever cooked chicken and thrown the Styrofoam tray with the liner that absorbs all the drippings in the garbage and not immediately taken the garbage out? I have and I came home from work the next day and it stunk really bad. I believe the fluids if they leaked out of a decomposing body may not smell at first but would begin to smell worse and worse, kind of like the pad from the chicken tray. Make sense. Either way I think there is another thread on this.

I wonder if Casey was putting stuff in the trunk to try to get rid of the smell (gas cans, pizza, etc) or if she just normally puts stuff in the trunk instead of the back seat. If the latter is true, maybe when they opened the trunk there was all kinds of things back there and they didn't inspect under stuff for hairs and blood. I know I ride around with summer sports equipment, fold chairs, and stuff year round so I wouldn't notice any hairs or anything on the floor of my trunk.

But that is what I can't get over either- the smell. If she did put the girl in the trunk for just a day or two, I don't see how the smell could get worse over time. And I don't think she rode around and parked her car at her friends' houses with a body in it. That would be too risky.

Also, about the laughter thing...I laugh, or smirk, when I'm nervous. If the boss is being critical toward me, I might start laughing when I really want to hide and cry. If I were LA, and the cops were questioning me about this stuff, I'd probably have a smile plastered onto my face. I can't explain it.

I was held up in an armed robbery-- after they left I started to laugh uncontrollably.
I didn't think it was funny, not at all. I was shaking like a leaf...

Not sure what was up with Lee, certainly not defending as I've never liked him from jump. Just thought I would toss that out there to be fair.

not sure where to post this, but I do remember in the interview that LA said that Cindy was the first to hold Caylee when she was born, not KC. Does anyone know WHY? I had a friend who refused to hold her baby after it was born because she hurt her too much (it was all about her). What was the case with KC?

My impressions in reading Lee's interview was that at first he didn't know what was happening or had happened with Caylee. From the way he talked, Casey may have been close to telling him what happened, when CA then said "What have you done". Thought it was interesting though that it almost looked like LA was the first to bring up kidnapping rather than anything else when he said "who took her". I didn't get the impression that that was an intentional suggestion to her though, more like he said it and she grabbed on to that.

Other impressions, when LA was talking about what he brought back from Tony's, there was no mention of kids clothing or toys or other things you always have with kids. I mean she had left with Caylee and was staying away from home. Think of all the things you have with a kid that age, for that period of time. And generally you wouldn't leave all of it at the sitter's. Dirty clothing at least would be brought home.

Her granddaughter is missing, she suspects that her daughter has done something, she has called the police on her daughter- and Cindy's pocketing money that was found in Casey's wallet??? That struck me as odd, even though Casey allegedly stole money from her.

Also, and I really hate to say this.... LE is called to investigate a missing child, they have a mother who is telling a story that is rather bizarre, and they leave the family to go through her belongings with out any observation? They are shown reciepts in the mother's possessions and they don't show any interest in them? I mean it sounds like the fact that it has already been brought up that Casey is stealing from her mother, using her mother's credit card, and they aren't interested in the proof of that? Or what if those reciepts showed that Casey had purchased a shovel, a large amount of gas or rented a storage locker or something? What if there were hotel charges in another city? I think LE dropped the ball there, or at least made their job much harder. And why was she keeping the reciepts anyway?

Her stuff was organized. That one is a puzzle. But it could have happened if at some point Casey had decided to go through her stuff to make sure she wasn't holding onto anything incriminating, making sure that she wasn't holding onto anything of Caylee's. Nervousness might have had her folding things as she went through them.

The computer blue screen. I don't think LA did that and I don't think Tony did that. I also don't think a virus did that. I think that Casey did that, after she had cleaned out her myspace, her emails, her pictures, I think she tried to wipe her computer. I mean emptying her yahoo, cleaning out her myspace and everything was too time consuming for LA to have done. Cleaning all of that out would be useless if there were traces of the info left on your computer. So the logical thing to do after all that work would be to try to wipe it. But I think she messed it up, when she tried to wipe it and it became useless, so after that she used another computer. If you remember LE said in the interview that she continued to use a computer but after a certain date, she was using another account.

Hasn't "sources" said that there were hairs and "signs of decomp" in the vehicle? I took that to mean decomp fluids and those would hold the smell for quite a while in a confined space.

not sure where to post this, but I do remember in the interview that LA said that Cindy was the first to hold Caylee when she was born, not KC. Does anyone know WHY? I had a friend who refused to hold her baby after it was born because she hurt her too much (it was all about her). What was the case with KC?

Not sure but my oh was the first to hold my youngest because I took a fit of shaking after epidural and was scared she would shake right out of my arms lol, so it could be any reason why.

Not sure but my oh was the first to hold my youngest because I took a fit of shaking after epidural and was scared she would shake right out of my arms lol, so it could be any reason why.

I guess I was looking for something more sinister..........

One thing I found interesting was Lee saying that Cindy took about $200 out of Casey's wallet & put it in her pocket when LE first arrived at the house.

Lee said something to the effect that his mother most likely thought it was hers anyway & she was just "stealing" it back from Casey.

What bothered me about that is Amy had just told Cindy about Loaning Casey money to get her car fixed & Cindy said " Well you'll never get that money back"

You would think Cindy would offer the money to Amy instead of putting it in her own pocket - maybe she did but I doubt it

:clap:

my thoughts also... IMO, would have at least made the act of...., oh, say, doing something like taking money outta your daughter's wallet & 'stealing it back' whilst your house is FULL of cops & family & neighbors & your supposed to be distraught over the disappearance of your [then] 2yo granddaughter - who, btw, you thought only hours before could be deceased in the trunk of your car & the source of the foul smell in the car in your garage - just slightly less reprehensible.....

But, There you go!! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I mean, imo, I can see going through the stuff that he'd brought back M-A-Y-B-E like with LE present, or even being so frantic for a clue as to the whereabouts of the child that one might dump it immediately & go thru the contents, yes, including wallet - looking for a CLUE - reciept or ph# or any little something that might tell you where she'd had the child or something - but there ain't nothing on those benjamin's that found their way in CA's pocket gonna tell her where that baby is!!!
I'm glad LA went back & told LE that part....

There you go! :crazy:

& did I read that correctly it took him HOW long to go grab her stuff at TL's place?!!!!!!!!!!! wth?! :waitasec:

Lee A. Interview Only 7/29/08
http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/la092308.pdf

Pages 26 - 29 the discussion about the receipts being given to JB. Does this bother anyone else? This is the 3rd time I've mentioned this and no one else seems bothered by it, but me. So I guess this is the last time I'll mention it.

This really bothers me, catherine! Where did the rest of the receipts go? Baez took them?
Why did he take certain ones? Receipts for cleaning fluids/supplies?
and weird how they were all in order.
Do you think Casey was playing this like a video game? I am not only going to get away with this crime, I am going to be the one feeding the police the info...getting my ducks, and lies, in a row?

It also bothers me that Lee took 2 hours to get her stuff AND he didnt get it when he went over there to get her cell phone! Wouldn't that be logical that Tony would say...heres her junk when he gave him the cell phone???

Someone else said LE took the phone from TL's place when they were there before LA arrived. If so why would LE take the phone and not take the rest of KC's belongings? None of that made sense to me.

What is up with these people relating time by how many songs played on the radio? Heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donald Redfield