2008.07.28 Lee A. Interview

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about Amy's key doesn't sit right with me. Vehicle keys aren't that easy to come by, are they? Last time I needed one made, I had to go to the dealership...IIRC.

On page 26 lines 1-18 indicate LE is curious about the key also. LA "destroyed" it instead of returning it to Amy. I find it very strange. Why? How did he destroy it?

Why wouldn't Amy want her spare key back if they are difficult to replace? Why did Casey have her spare instead of just her normal set for the car? If I loaned my car to someone I trusted, I would just give them my set of original keys.

Something is just off about this.
Yep. My thought is that Lee was afraid that there may be evidence on it (decomp maybe) so thought that would be the best way to dispose of it. I think Amy was still in shock at the time and just went along with conversation.

After seeing the comments about the yahoo emails being missing and the potential for Casey to think she had deleted all relevant data, it makes sense that she was completely willing to let law enforcement have the laptop. Too bad she didn't know they can retrieve all that stuff. :D

Something about Amy's key doesn't sit right with me. Vehicle keys aren't that easy to come by, are they? Last time I needed one made, I had to go to the dealership...IIRC.

On page 26 lines 1-18 indicate LE is curious about the key also. LA "destroyed" it instead of returning it to Amy. I find it very strange. Why? How did he destroy it?

Why wouldn't Amy want her spare key back if they are difficult to replace? Why did Casey have her spare instead of just her normal set for the car? If I loaned my car to someone I trusted, I would just give them my set of original keys.

Something is just off about this.

I was thinking that they were talking about something else, possibly incriminating. It does not make sense to throw away the key. Most normal people would think to return it.

I was thinking that they were talking about something else, possibly incriminating. It does not make sense to throw away the key. Most normal people would think to return it.
I was wondering about that too when I read that LA had destroyed it. Maybe KC had a spare key made for herself while she was using Amys car. I read it was an older model and those are easier to have spares made. Maybe KC had plans of using Amys car more w/out permission.. but, who knows though.

add to the day of the 27th, Casey was at JC Penny? He implies as much-- that Cindy's JC Penny statement shows a 27th transaction but there's no reciept prior to the 28th.

Listening to his recorded interview his chuckles are really bothersome. Also, he can't just give a simple answer. Conveyed, "emerged with the gas cans", absolutely, um um, forcefully, provide, accurately, advised, grrrrr. They're always thinking wayyyyyy ahead, he does say some damning things--but imagine how much more he actually knows!

EDIT: Another thing I find very interesting is that he said everyone could hear everyone elses statements.

In the audio Lee said that Casey told him that Cindy told her that "Caylee was Casey's mistake". That is just pitiful if true.

Listening to LA's testimony has changed my mind about him! I'm not sure what his stance is now but I found to him to very forthcoming and open about a LOT of information that was (still is) potentially damning for his sister. My impression is that he was doing his best to give accurate information - even on the family dynamics. A very difficult thing to do - especially under the circumstances. I'm not sure about the chuckling (it kind of bugged me too) but it certainly didn't come off as bad in audio as it does in writing. This is all, of course, my opinion only.

Two things that kinda' quirked my interest and "hinky meter" - the whole discussion about this woman Heather and the work information she provided...(She could be an attention seeker who just managed to get in touch with him...) and the whole computer crashing bit. Someone obviously got to KC's computer and it will be interesting to find out when/how!

MOO

Lee said his dad left around NOON and his mom in the AM around 8 i believe if this is true, why didn't they see Casey on the morning of the 27th. She had to have gone home to get the food that Tony recalls being not from a store bag...it was frozen chicken and ice pops so she couldn't have kept that in the sun for too long. At least George had to have seen her that morning getting food? Why did she leave Tony's so early just to get clothes and food? I don't know if this makes sense to me.

the key, computer and CA *things* that Lee took care of....from Tonys house...I have questioned......and has anyone noticed that his voice cracks when he is talking about stuff like that....makes me think its not the whole truth......he is telling when his voice changes like that.....
and WHY? didnt the police pick up ALL of CA things from tonys.....when they went and picked up her phone?? :waitasec:

the key, computer and CA *things* that Lee took care of....from Tonys house...I have questioned......and has anyone noticed that his voice cracks when he is talking about stuff like that....makes me think its not the whole truth......he is telling when his voice changes like that.....
and WHY? didnt the police pick up ALL of CA things from tonys.....when they went and picked up her phone?? :waitasec:

Also when they are going through casey's things and Lee mentions that the officer stepped outside the Interviewer says "excuse my facial expression" you can hear him GASP meaning, LE obviously should have kept closer eye on the items as evidence.

Also when they are going through casey's things and Lee mentions that the officer stepped outside the Interviewer says "excuse my facial expression" you can hear him GASP meaning, LE obviously should have kept closer eye on the items as evidence.

Right. Sounds like there was some "loosey-goosey" behavious on LE's part. The woman leaving as they were dumping KC's stuff on the floor and the officers going to Tony's to retrieve the cell phone but not KC's other stuff.

The defence will definitely be able to use this to speak to some level of incompetency but the prosecution will also be able to point out that it clearly indicates that they did not come in blazing with the idea that the situation was a potential homicide at that point!

That poor lady cop has probably already paid the price for her ineptitude many times over!

Right. Sounds like there was some "loosey-goosey" behavious on LE's part. The woman leaving as they were dumping KC's stuff on the floor and the officers going to Tony's to retrieve the cell phone but not KC's other stuff.

The defence will definitely be able to use this to speak to some level of incompetency but the prosecution will also be able to point out that it clearly indicates that they did not come in blazing with the idea that the situation was a potential homicide at that point!

That poor lady cop has probably already paid the price for her ineptitude many times over!

I would just think it would be a clue that Caylee had been missing for 31 days and CA had not reported it! The grandmother did....big red flag :behindbar

:eek: My husband doesnt understand why Im so into all of this....its driving me crazy! and taking up a lot of my thoughts and time:doh:

If LE grabs Casey's phone and not her stuff from Tony's, how did Lee know this? He talks about his sister being surrounded by police, prior to his leaving. When he comes back, he doesn't know (or doesn't admit) he knows his sister wasn't there. Was he trying to *investigate* to the point of trying to be on LE heels?

How did Lee call Tony when Casey needed to get the number from Lee (she obviously didn't have it memorized), he didn't have her phone--she doesn't know the number by heart. Were they using Casey's phone records to get his number, if so why did Lee need to ask Casey for that info on a taped conversation after Casey was arrested?

If police were paying so little attention to stuff being dumped on the floor, how did an officer *SNATCH* this card from the billfold as Cindy was pilfering all through it?

KC,CA,and Caylee seemed to be a triangle for sure. CA saying a baby is a mistake, now that is low for a child to hear, hope Caylee never heard that. I think there was CONSTANT friction between CA and KC, but KC said 'she HATED her father! WHY???
did she ever say she HATED her mother???? A tug of war over Caylee could of been motive to 'get even'..........'bad mother couldn't take care of her own child' mother told her so??? Caylee in the way of guys, drugs, sex and parties!!! IMO............ERASED......

It would have been interesting to allow them to dump a pile out, surreptitiously photograph the heap,:cop::camera: leave the room, let 'em go through it, and give them a chance to remove anything else which they perceived as incriminating (if they were actually doing that). Sometimes something that looks really innocent is seen as incriminating by anyone who knows the "real" story. I wonder if there was anything in that catgory still in the belongings...
Still just thinkin...:)

Two things that kinda' quirked my interest and "hinky meter" - the whole discussion about this woman Heather and the work information she provided...(She could be an attention seeker who just managed to get in touch with him...) and the whole computer crashing bit. Someone obviously got to KC's computer and it will be interesting to find out when/how!

MOO

YES! What was up with the whole Heather thing? I thought that was very strange. Felt off or something.

I don't believe Lee a bit. He sounds like he is making up stories. He also sounds like he is trying to push it off on AL

How did Lee get into Casey's yahoo email when yahoo has a password? And if everything was deleted from her yahoo ON July 15th-then WHO DID THE DELETING? He said he "noticed" that messages from the 4th were deleted "early on"...how was he "noticing" anything in Casey's email account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savagegrace13