2008.08.21 Shirley P (Cindy's mom) Interview

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping this bad boy like Snooki in a hair salon!

Lemme see if I can link some audio as well-We have been mentioning SP here and there, I think she will play an important roll if called to testify.

http://www.wftv.com/blank/18974289/detail.html

(Page 28, Line 20 through Page 29, Line 10)

Whoa, wait a minute. Did I miss this completely the first time around or am I reading this wrong?

Lee was with Cindy on the early morning trip to Mt. Dora? The road trip at the crack of dawn (how long does it take to get there from the Anthony home) to "break the news" to SP about KC and Caylee?

Why do I tend to view most things Lee does with suspicion?

Bumping this bad boy like Snooki in a hair salon!

Lemme see if I can link some audio as well-We have been mentioning SP here and there, I think she will play an important roll if called to testify.

Absolutely agree...when she states, KC hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee, all bets are off...the jury will take those words from Caylee's greatgrandmother as grandma knows best...she was very angry with ICA, didn't even want to speak to her...so, I wonder if she's still angry with her for stealing her money and for taking Caylee away...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Absolutely agree...when she states, KC hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee, all bets are off...the jury will take those words from Caylee's greatgrandmother as grandma knows best...she was very angry with ICA, didn't even want to speak to her...so, I wonder if she's still angry with her for stealing her money and for taking Caylee away...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Precisely-If anyone can help find SP's 2nd interview audio, I believe it was 08/21/08, when detectives try to help her with her electricity....I searched our media threads here and other online areas, cannot seem to find it anymore-The transcript is readily available, looking specifically for the audio version.

I think if you look at GA's resume you will see he was not unemployed as much as CA made it appear to her mother. 1996 thru 2002 Orlando Sentinel, 2002 thru 2005 Pest Control, 2005 thru 2006 Security Supervisor. Apparently in between jobs he was not working but he was certainly out there working the majority of the time he has been with CA. Plus most security companies who have to bond their people check out their resumes. GA is no angel but certainly not the devil CA would like her folks to believe.

Plus CA may have told her mother she had to take GA back because he would get half of everything but clearly that was not the real reason because they did not have anything. Their home was mortgaged to the max. The bank owns that home, not CA. She would have lost nothing. Maybe the truth is CA would not find a male friend who would put up the KC's behavior. The neighbors did say that after GA moved out CA had a male friend. Funny we never heard any more from that, if it was at all true. Wonder what that person thought about KC's behavior?

Wonder if their credit was already ruined back then? If so, along with having to give 1/2 of everything (whatever they had) to GA, CA would likely lose her home. With bad credit, she likely wouldn't be able to get a loan on another house. Perhaps this was another factor - even if it was mortgaged to the hilt and they had no equity, just making the payments and "owning" it would surely be a plus for CA. JMHO.

Wonder if their credit was already ruined back then? If so, along with having to give 1/2 of everything (whatever they had) to GA, CA would likely lose her home. With bad credit, she likely wouldn't be able to get a loan on another house. Perhaps this was another factor - even if it was mortgaged to the hilt and they had no equity, just making the payments and "owning" it would surely be a plus for CA. JMHO.

On the other hand a home brings with it, taxes, utilities, home insurance, maintenance, etc. Leasing one flat fee.

Precisely-If anyone can help find SP's 2nd interview audio, I believe it was 08/21/08, when detectives try to help her with her electricity....I searched our media threads here and other online areas, cannot seem to find it anymore-The transcript is readily available, looking specifically for the audio version.

I would love to hear that one again too....she was so funny!
Remember - I have a cat? She seemed quite candid and very likable.

Thank you for bringing up this thread - I think it illustrates how many have been hurt by what happened. I don't think Shirley P had any idea that her attempts to help find Caylee would end up with her being a witness - against her own granddaughter. She also didn't expect family emails to be available on the internet for anyone and everyone to read

I am having nightmares imagining a cross examination by Mr Baez

jmo

http://www.wftv.com/blank/18974289/detail.html

(Page 28, Line 20 through Page 29, Line 10)

Whoa, wait a minute. Did I miss this completely the first time around or am I reading this wrong?

Lee was with Cindy on the early morning trip to Mt. Dora? The road trip at the crack of dawn (how long does it take to get there from the Anthony home) to "break the news" to SP about KC and Caylee?

Why do I tend to view most things Lee does with suspicion?

I remember reading that transcript when it was first released, but that was a long time ago. Reading it now, knowing what we've learned in the time since that transcript was released, gives new meaning to some of the things Shirley stated, and didn't state.

I think Cindy was very selective in what she told her mother. She also changed her story (cashing in her 401k because of George, when she had originally said because of the money Casey stole). She didn't tell her mother everything. It would appear that she also led her mother to believe Rick had done something wrong when he posted at a newspaper blog about the case.

My impression is that Shirley isn't anything like her daughter, Cindy. I doubt Shirley is going to lie and cover up for Casey. She was very straight forward with the officers.

It will be very interesting to hear Shirley's testimony as a lot has transpired since that interview.

My impression is that Shirley isn't anything like her daughter, Cindy. I doubt Shirley is going to lie and cover up for Casey. She was very straight forward with the officers.

I got that impression too. Just by the way YM and the rest of LEO's that were present, handled their presence and questioning of her. They were respectful of her. If they wanted they truth, they knew that more than likely, all they had to do was ask. She sounded 'careful' with the responses she gave but she always managed to be be truthful about it.

With one exception:

I think she 'overstated' her estimate of how much money Casey actually took from Cindy, though. Because in her mind the amount Casey took was 'a lot' and was more than likely $4,500 and not $45,000.

On the other hand a home brings with it, taxes, utilities, home insurance, maintenance, etc. Leasing one flat fee.

True! But, if what SP says CA told her is true and CA was basically supporting the family with her salary alone, then that wouldn't be a factor - it wouldn't be a change if she was already making all the payments on everything. Of course, we have no way of knowing if CA just told SP that for sympathy or if it's really true.

True! But, if what SP says CA told her is true and CA was basically supporting the family with her salary alone, then that wouldn't be a factor - it wouldn't be a change if she was already making all the payments on everything. Of course, we have no way of knowing if CA just told SP that for sympathy or if it's really true.

I think CA's checkbook accounts were released in discovery and she clearly was not paying everything on her own. GA stated he paid the utility bills at Amscot and I believe he cashed his checks there, too. And for good reason. GA was not going to open a checking account his daughter could steal from.

I just had a thought. Can you see CA while they are trying to question her mother on the stand ? They'll have to tie CA to a chair and gag her. jmo

I think CA's checkbook accounts were released in discovery and she clearly was not paying everything on her own. GA stated he paid the utility bills at Amscot and I believe he cashed his checks there, too. And for good reason. GA was not going to open a checking account his daughter could steal from.

I just had a thought. Can you see CA while they are trying to question her mother on the stand ? They'll have to tie CA to a chair and gag her. jmo

They NEED to bar the Anthonys from the courtroom imo.

They NEED to bar the Anthonys from the courtroom imo.

They need to bar everyone on the defense team, with the exception of AF, I like her. Probably should put the A's and JB in a room, lock the door and let the duke it out. lol

Thanks for posting this one!

If anyone can find the one from 08/21, that would be awesome too, sorry to sound like a broken record-The one from 08/21 begins and ends with detectives trying to help Shirley with electricity, she mentions how KC belongs in Gen Pop-Yuri, John Allen and Sp Agent Bolin are there.

Thanks for posting this one!

If anyone can find the one from 08/21, that would be awesome too, sorry to sound like a broken record-The one from 08/21 begins and ends with detectives trying to help Shirley with electricity, she mentions how KC belongs in Gen Pop-Yuri, John Allen and Sp Agent Bolin are there.

For some reason I can't find that one either?! I have been looking high and low :waitasec:

I got that impression too. Just by the way YM and the rest of LEO's that were present, handled their presence and questioning of her. They were respectful of her. If they wanted they truth, they knew that more than likely, all they had to do was ask. She sounded 'careful' with the responses she gave but she always managed to be be truthful about it.

With one exception:

I think she 'overstated' her estimate of how much money Casey actually took from Cindy, though. Because in her mind the amount Casey took was 'a lot' and was more than likely $4,500 and not $45,000.

Bold mine. I think she meant EXACTLY what she said. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back