2008.11.20 George & Cindy's Attorney, Mark NeJame, Quits

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He keeps indicating that she won't be found, dead or alive. I'm thinking that while LE didn't give him details they basically told him enough so that he wouldn't keep wasting his resources. I think LE has enough respect for Tim to do that.

The Amscot tapes have been kept close to the vest. I keep coming back to this.

ETA: I guess I'm trying to say is, it sounds like Caylee isn't findable...ei; landfill.

Along with the landfill: alligators, vulchers, hogs, etc.

I'm not sure if I read somewhere or dreamed this but I think someone looked at Amscot for cameras and the area where the car was wouldn't have been able to have been taped. Who knows I probably dreamed it.

But Suzi, I do agree with you 90%. The other 10% is my hope that she will be.

It is my understanding that MN did offer his services to TM, should he ever need them...in a friendly kind of way, not for something specific.

Wasn't this determined while TM was in town and not just today since the A's are out?

Wasn't this determined while TM was in town and not just today since the A's are out?

Yes, that was while TM was in OrLAWNdo. Should have been more clear. :)

Yes, that was while TM was in OrLAWNdo. Should have been more clear. :)

Oh no I wasn't suggesting you. I was suggesting the news report. They are a little behind.

Kind of sad to look back at all the bashing and nasty comments directed towards Nejame. He is an attorney, defending criminals (or 'alleged' criminals) is his job description... the fact he has walked away speaks volumes to me.

Everybody in this case is dragged through the mud - not by the A's, but by us too. I'll be keeping that in mind and won't be so hasten to judge new people who enter this case.

Along with the landfill: alligators, vulchers, hogs, etc.

I'm not sure if I read somewhere or dreamed this but I think someone looked at Amscot for cameras and the area where the car was wouldn't have been able to have been taped. Who knows I probably dreamed it.

But Suzi, I do agree with you 90%. The other 10% is my hope that she will be.

Early on a reporter was standing in the spot her car had been in and he pointed to the camera behind him.

Kind of sad to look back at the all the bashing and nasty comments directed towards Nejame. He is an attorney, defending criminals (or 'alleged' criminals) is his job description... the fact he has walked away speaks volumes to me.

Everybody in this case is dragged through the mud - not by the A's, but by us too. I'll be keeping that in mind and won't be so hasten to judge new people who enter this case.

ITA.

I always sort of thought NeJame was ok...I was privy to read an email from him to someone where he, more or less, admitted that C is delusional and he is (well, was) trying to support them and help them wade through the media frenzy. That e-mail did wonders for my impression of him.

ALSO, when he offered up his night club for TES to use, I thought that was a nice gesture, despite the undertones that others saw and were quick to point out (although it did worry me a bit, until today)

IMO, he is a defense attorney, and we all know about "them", but by golly, obviously he's an ok dude, he handled this with grace. He could have gone on a smear campaign (he knows the A's brand of crazy better than we ever will, I'm sure...no, wait, I HOPE), but he took the high road, and I respect that. :)

With all that said, I'll take back the snarky things I said about him, but not the ones about his waxy appearance OR his resemblance to B. Stiller as Derek Zoolander...:crazy:

Early on a reporter was standing in the spot her car had been in and he pointed to the camera behind him.

Dang it was a dream. Thanks!

Kind of sad to look back at all the bashing and nasty comments directed towards Nejame. He is an attorney, defending criminals (or 'alleged' criminals) is his job description... the fact he has walked away speaks volumes to me.

I agree too but he sure is bashing people in his statement even though he isn't naming names. For all we know he could be directing the "people in the public" at us.

Just from my own life experiences, the only time I have seen or heard of an attorney stepping aside on his or her own is when the client is skirting the law and headed into committing a crime.
I'm not saying that's the reason behind NeJame's decision but when I read between the lines in his letter and he writes about people being negative, I believe he is really speaking about his former clients.
And, he should know there is no such word as "towards" it's toward. No s at the end. Sorry, the editor in me had to add that.

Just from my own life experiences, the only time I have seen or heard of an attorney stepping aside on his or her own is when the client is skirting the law and headed into committing a crime.
I'm not saying that's the reason behind NeJame's decision but when I read between the lines in his letter and he writes about people being negative, I believe he is really speaking about his former clients.
And, he should know there is no such word as "towards" it's toward. No s at the end. Sorry, the editor in me had to add that.

What about skirting reality and heading into the Twilight Zone? :waitasec:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The English professor in me has to stand up for Nejame's grammar. :)

Toward and towards (pronounce them either TORD[Z] or tuh-WORD[Z]) are Standard and interchangeable in meaning. American English uses both, but toward more often; British English uses towards more.
http://www.bartleby.com/68/11/6111.html

The English professor in me has to stand up for Nejame's grammar. :)

Toward and towards (pronounce them either TORD[Z] or tuh-WORD[Z]) are Standard and interchangeable in meaning. American English uses both, but toward more often; British English uses towards more.
http://www.bartleby.com/68/11/6111.html

Thanks for your post. But, my reference comes from the AP Stylebook for publications. As a former reporter, it's what I was taught - no "s" on toward.
Have you ever seen it listed in the dictionary with an "s" at the end?

Thanks for your post. But, my reference comes from the AP Stylebook for publications. As a former reporter, it's what I was taught - no "s" on toward.

*sigh* Luckily, I always have my dictionary handy.
In Webster's college edition, the definition is given, then it says "also towards".
There are many common grammatical mistakes that get my goat, this just doesn't happen to be one of them. :crazy:

Yes, of course "towards" is in all English dictionaries. It's very commonly used. Some examples from both sides of the Atlantic:

When power leads man towards arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations.
John F. Kennedy

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.
Ursula K. LeGuin

Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore, So do our minutes hasten to their end.
William Shakespeare

It was whispered by slaves and abolitionists as they blazed a trail towards freedom through the darkest of nights.
Yes we can.
Barack Obama

And, finally:
We wish that this column, rising towards heaven among the pointed spires of so many temples dedicated to God, may contribute also to produce in all minds a pious feeling of dependence and gratitude.
Daniel Webster

http://www.quotationspage.com/search.php3?homesearch=towards&page=1

http://www.bartleby.com/100/358.2.html

Toward? Towards? Sheesh! Somebody missed their nap.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera
Back