2008.11.25 Court Hearing Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
YAY! is right! I do not see where LE and Prosecution can get away with releasing all the information they did -and then decide they want everyone to shut up, so there are not two sides of this case.
I don't think they were trying to "get away" with anything and Baez was free to release whatever he wanted. It isn't their fault he had nothing!!

Did anyone tape it? I do not have a lot of time to ask everyone for details on different forums. I would like to watch it, pause it when needed, and such. Is anyone going to youtube it? please? and thank you.

Originally Posted by SailorMoon: Hope Baez realizes there is a charge for copies in that case also. Oh....and Baez said he had a team of 40 people ready and staffed to go through the tips. Wonder where they came from and how they are getting paid.
I believe he uses the services of some law students and they are not paid, imo. ;)

I agree, SS. Besides all the tapes that were released, the experts going on tabloid shows is worrisome for both prosecution and defence. I am actually surprised this case can be tried since everything is OUT THERE.

Since it was mentioned, it sounds like the thing that truly bothers Judge Strickland are the defense experts being on NG. Dr. Lee and Kobi might be the ones that force the Judge to put the Gag Order into place. ;)

That was interesting to watch because GA spoke to her in a very terse tone for quite some time before she did. It looked like he was telling her not to and she didn't ever even acknowledge him and just plowed ahead anyway. I thought that the judge handled it very efficiently. :)

I noticed that. For a second I thought maybe he was talking to himself because she sure wasn't paying attention. And then her hand went up....

She raised her hand? What, did she wanna go potty? :waitasec:

LOL

CA: Your honor, Cindy Anthony, may I speak.
JUDGE: No mame, no mame
CA: Well, he said my name
JUDGE: I said I would probably not include you in the gag order.

or something to that effect ...

To explain more on how I feel on the gag order, I feel it is directed on both the defense team as well as the Anthony's, they are the biggest problems when coming to spreading lies in this case.

I noticed that. For a second I thought maybe he was talking to himself because she sure wasn't paying attention. And then her hand went up....
And then she stood up​

e008ao.jpg

Did anyone tape it? I do not have a lot of time to ask everyone for details on different forums. I would like to watch it, pause it when needed, and such. Is anyone going to youtube it? please? and thank you.
It makes me wonder how often the defense takes advantage of the way we keep track of such things. Patty G takes the time to tape and put those up when they are not available on other sites. Knowing how seemingly lazy Baez' team is about doing their own legwork, as we are seeing in these motions, I bet they are great reference material for them. It kinda ticks me off that we could be helping the perp's defense in any way, imo. :furious:

I think Cindy must have thought this was a town hall meeting. Most judges would have ignored her.(or worse told her to be quiet) He must be sceeered of her .lol

I thought the same thing! I was waiting on the Judge to admonish him for talking to himself in court while he was speaking! I thought I was going to fall out of my chair laughing when her hand went up, too.

It makes me wonder how often the defense takes advantage of the way we keep track of such things. Patty G takes the time to tape and put those up when they are not available on other sites. Knowing how seemingly lazy Baez' team is about doing their own legwork, as we are seeing in these motions, I bet they are great reference material for them. It kinda ticks me off that we could be helping the perp's defense in any way, imo. :furious:

But just think ,SS, the SA's office and LE also have access to all Patty's hard work. (thank you Patty) WS may be a great asset to the proscution. :blowkiss:

She raised her hand? What, did she wanna go potty? :waitasec:

I don't think so, the judge did ask if anyone needed a potty break though. She should have waited to go potty, just like everyone else. :)

J/K I can NOT believe she did that! What Gall!

I pray this is NOT the case when this goes to trial. If she stands up whenever someone says her name, she'll be extracted from the room SO fast her head will spin. :crazy:

The snow is WET today!

My girls just got home from school and they were soaked!

I missed the end of the court proceding, some other kid pushed my younger daughter after school so I was dealing with the parents. :confused:

oh no. kids are so mean. It is very wet snow today I hope we don't get too much

But just think ,SS, the SA's office and LE also have access to all Patty's hard work. (thank you Patty) WS may be a great asset to the proscution. :blowkiss:
Yes...thanks! That does make me feel a lot better! :blowkiss: (And again...Thanks, PattyG!)

She is the Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane-Burdick, I am looking forward to watching her come trial time. I do believe the gag order is geared to CA, sadly the judge said he didn't think he was going to include her in it. Hopefully, he will change his mind before tomorrow. I couldn't believe CA raising her hand in court like she did, she is something else!!!
I remember Linda from the bond hearing...she was very good, very strong. I can't wait to see her in action again. I can't see any replays and missed the live feed. What did Cindy say?!?

My three favorite parts....

Baez citing the words of Judge Strickland "I'm going to err on the side of the 1st ammendment everytime", Judge Stickland says..."Did I say that"...laughter heard in courtroom, JB says "yes you did".

Baez stating...I did not release reports of cholorform in the trunk, I did not release reports of chloroform searches on home computer, I did not release reports of hair found in trunk, I did not release reports of post mortem hair band on hair, I did not release reports of Tennessee Body Farm conclusions regarding human decompostion...that came from Prosecution and LE.

At the end when Prosecution asks for temporary gag order...the look on Strickland's face appeared to be one of disbelief that he was even asking...and then states...No, he will rule on gag order tomorrow!!!!!!

I think this hearing went well for the defense and that Judge Stickland will deny complete gag order tomorrow. I think he may put in some stipulations but I don't believe there will be a complete gag order. YAY!
Weren't those documents released as a result of the Orlando Sentinel filing to obtain them under the terms of Florida law?

It would be a stretch to call them "leaks" if they were released in accordance with state law, no?

Weren't those documents released as a result of the Orlando Sentinel filing to obtain them under the terms of Florida law?

It would be a stretch to call them "leaks" if they were released in accordance with state law, no?
Uhm...no...I think those were indeed "leaks". The documents supporting them came out with the Sunshine Law Doc Dump as per requested by OS.

The State is withholding evidence from Baez by playing 3 card monty with the reports and documents. Shameful. This judge is weak, he should be all over the State to produce the documents without Baez having to file Motions to Compel. There is no reason for any attorney to have to continue to file Motions to get requested information to which they are entitled!

JMHO

Snipped for length

As much as I HATE to admit it, you are absolutely right. He should not have to ask more than once, it's a waste of the courts time as well as everyone elses. He is entitled to this info.

I want Casey to fry but I want everything done on the up and up so it sticks. I want NO room for error.

The State is withholding evidence from Baez by playing 3 card monty with the reports and documents. Shameful. This judge is weak, he should be all over the State to produce the documents without Baez having to file Motions to Compel. There is no reason for any attorney to have to continue to file Motions to get requested information to which they are entitled!

How dare them show up with CD's and not turn them over until they are paid another $980 when the last batch of documents for which Baez was charged $1,450, were not responsive to the request! I am appalled that the judge is letting the State play these games.

We don't have it, someone else does.
We just gave it to him before this hearing. (TOO LATE!!)
We haven't seen it.
We can't get it.
You have no jurisdiction over this Your Honor.
We are so busy we just can't get to this yet.
When information comes in, it may take days to get to my desk. WHAT!!!!!!!!!
blah, blah, blah

Why not just give the man the requested documents and act like professionals? Why must the State wait until the judge tells them YET again to turn over documents? What is the point of gamesmanship here?

If I were Baez, I would be screaming!

The State is using stalling tactics - ask yourselves why.

Even the worst of my secretaries can copy 5,000 documents in a few hours. Baez didn't ask for the documents to be formatted to CD's. He just needs copies!!

BS! BS! BS! that they can't copy the calendar. One word: Kinko's!

I am about to go down there and give Baez a hand.

No one is going to convince me that the State does not have copies of photos of the hair slides in their files.

Sleezy prosecutors.

JMHO

:eek::eek::eek:

I think the prosecutors are GREAT! The end of this tale will be in the verdict! Baez wants everything handed to him rather than work for it himself. Judge Strickland has alrady told Baez once that he had to do his own legwork, IIRC.

I do not remember what the answer was when I had asked in the past about the detectives 'work product' as in reference to their timeline not having to be handed over to Baez. Why doesn't Baez do HIS OWN HOMEWORK with the witnesses and create his own timeline? These detectives spent a great many hours on their calendar and should not have to give it to Baez. It is their work product. JMO

There are some great legal minds here that can answer much, much better than me, and I hope they will.

How dare them show up with CD's and not turn them over until they are paid another $980 when the last batch of documents for which Baez was charged $1,450, were not responsive to the request! I am appalled that the judge is letting the State play these games.

We don't have it, someone else does.
We just gave it to him before this hearing. (TOO LATE!!)
We haven't seen it.
We can't get it.
You have no jurisdiction over this Your Honor.
We are so busy we just can't get to this yet.
When information comes in, it may take days to get to my desk. WHAT!!!!!!!!!
blah, blah, blah

Why not just give the man the requested documents and act like professionals? Why must the State wait until the judge tells them YET again to turn over documents? What is the point of gamesmanship here?

If I were Baez, I would be screaming!

The State is using stalling tactics - ask yourselves why.

Even the worst of my secretaries can copy 5,000 documents in a few hours. Baez didn't ask for the documents to be formatted to CD's. He just needs copies!!

BS! BS! BS! that they can't copy the calendar. One word: Kinko's!

I am about to go down there and give Baez a hand.

No one is going to convince me that the State does not have copies of photos of the hair slides in their files.

Sleezy prosecutors.

JMHO
The earlier motions were filed in the Neglect case and not the Murder One case which came down a week later. Baez seemed to believe they would automatically be rolled over into this case and he was mistaken as pointed out by the prosecutor. I think Baez has gotten most of what he has asked for and has been entitled to except what the FBI does not have to provide to him.

Of course, they could copy the calendar, but since when is the defense privileged to private notes of an investigator on the case?

With the doc dumps we have seen the immense amount of paperwork going into this case. There are thousands of pages where those came from which they are going to use and are still investigating. I can see why the delays are taking place since OCSO and the FBI are still actively working it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
username_not_found
Back