2008.11.25 Court Hearing Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who's the gal with the blonde hair on the State's side? Did you hear the shot at Baez's experience with "little cases"? Meow!! Also, is it just me, or does anyone else think the gag order aimed at CA is so they can smack her down if she violates it?

as I understood it the gag order isn't going to apply towards the A's....

is the link still working for you? I've got nothing

I'm in Pgh too insomnia

The snow is WET today!

My girls just got home from school and they were soaked!

I missed the end of the court proceding, some other kid pushed my younger daughter after school so I was dealing with the parents. :confused:

Whew. Can't believe I got through the court proceeding and updating on the other thread without getting time out !!

Looks like we will have to continue hearing from the A's for a while. Judge to rule on gag order later (not today). I hope they show KC a rerun of today's hearing. Then she can see how she is going to be represented going forward..

My three favorite parts....

Baez citing the words of Judge Strickland "I'm going to err on the side of the 1st ammendment everytime", Judge Stickland says..."Did I say that"...laughter heard in courtroom, JB says "yes you did".

Baez stating...I did not release reports of cholorform in the trunk, I did not release reports of chloroform searches on home computer, I did not release reports of hair found in trunk, I did not release reports of post mortem hair band on hair, I did not release reports of Tennessee Body Farm conclusions regarding human decompostion...that came from Prosecution and LE.

At the end when Prosecution asks for temporary gag order...the look on Strickland's face appeared to be one of disbelief that he was even asking...and then states...No, he will rule on gag order tomorrow!!!!!!

I think this hearing went well for the defense and that Judge Stickland will deny complete gag order tomorrow. I think he may put in some stipulations but I don't believe there will be a complete gag order. YAY!

Who's the gal with the blonde hair on the State's side? Did you hear the shot at Baez's experience with "little cases"? Meow!! Also, is it just me, or does anyone else think the gag order aimed at CA is so they can smack her down if she violates it?

She is the Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane-Burdick, I am looking forward to watching her come trial time. I do believe the gag order is geared to CA, sadly the judge said he didn't think he was going to include her in it. Hopefully, he will change his mind before tomorrow. I couldn't believe CA raising her hand in court like she did, she is something else!!!

I think this hearing went well for the defense and that Judge Stickland will deny complete gag order tomorrow. I think he may put in some stipulations but I don't believe there will be a complete gag order. YAY!

Respectfully snipped.

I have to agree with you that the hearing went well for the Defense as a whole. I don't think it helped polish up JB's image, though, as he still came off as very unprofessional. However, as they say in the world of sports, a "W" is a "W" no matter how ugly it may be, and you can't deny that JB is getting the results he wants.

I have a hard time believing the Judge will gag all parties in this case except for the A's and allow them to continue poisoning the jury pool by putting out false information, slamming LE and the FBI. I just don't believe he will do that.

After what he said earlier when I was listening, it is exactly what he could and what he felt he would do as far as the A fam goes IF he rules in favor of the State's request for the gag order.

She is the Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane-Burdick, I am looking forward to watching her come trial time. I do believe the gag order is geared to CA, sadly the judge said he didn't think he was going to include her in it. Hopefully, he will change his mind before tomorrow. I couldn't believe CA raising her hand in court like she did, she is something else!!!

She raised her hand? What, did she wanna go potty? :waitasec:

I can't believe Cindy raised her hand. I cannot believe how inexperienced and how badly Baez speaks. I cannot believe how Baez wants everything done for him for free.

My favorite part was when Baez made a suggestion to the court that next time he'll just go to the sheriff's office or wherever and copy the docs himself. Judge says- that's what Chap. 119 is all about. Hope Baez realizes there is a charge for copies in that case also. Oh....and Baez said he had a team of 40 people ready and staffed to go through the tips. Wonder where they came from and how they are getting paid.

She's great. She speaks really well and comes off strong without sounding like a b%%tch. I'm looking forward to watching her as well.

I got the impression that the gag order request was more specifically aimed at Baez & co. I also got the sense that the sore spot is around their (Baez & co.) discussions about the forensics evidence. Made my hinky meter go off and gets me a bit worried about what they have!

MOO

I can't believe Cindy raised her hand. I cannot believe how inexperienced and how badly Baez speaks. I cannot believe how Baez wants everything done for him for free.

My favorite part was when Baez made a suggestion to the court that next time he'll just go to the sheriff's office or wherever and copy the docs himself. Judge says- that's what Chap. 119 is all about. Hope Baez realizes there is a charge for copies in that case also. Oh....and Baez said he had a team of 40 people ready and staffed to go through the tips. Wonder where they came from and how they are getting paid.
I hope for his sake that their working for free because if he thinks $900.00 is a lot of money, wait till he gets their bill! (Maybe they are working for free? Hmmm...I wonder who they could be...)

MOO

YAY! is right! I do not see where LE and Prosecution can get away with releasing all the information they did -and then decide they want everyone to shut up, so there are not two sides of this case.

My three favorite parts....

Baez citing the words of Judge Strickland "I'm going to err on the side of the 1st ammendment everytime", Judge Stickland says..."Did I say that"...laughter heard in courtroom, JB says "yes you did".

Baez stating...I did not release reports of cholorform in the trunk, I did not release reports of chloroform searches on home computer, I did not release reports of hair found in trunk, I did not release reports of post mortem hair band on hair, I did not release reports of Tennessee Body Farm conclusions regarding human decompostion...that came from Prosecution and LE.

At the end when Prosecution asks for temporary gag order...the look on Strickland's face appeared to be one of disbelief that he was even asking...and then states...No, he will rule on gag order tomorrow!!!!!!

Since it was mentioned, it sounds like the thing that truly bothers Judge Strickland are the defense experts being on NG. Dr. Lee and Kobi might be the ones that force the Judge to put the Gag Order into place. ;)

What were they discussing about Anthony Lazzaro?
When Baez deposed him (AL), it sounds like he often referred to the calendar that he and LE were looking over. Baez wanted a copy of the actual calendar that the detective was working from.

The State is withholding evidence from Baez by playing 3 card monty with the reports and documents. Shameful. This judge is weak, he should be all over the State to produce the documents without Baez having to file Motions to Compel. There is no reason for any attorney to have to continue to file Motions to get requested information to which they are entitled!

How dare them show up with CD's and not turn them over until they are paid another $980 when the last batch of documents for which Baez was charged $1,450, were not responsive to the request! I am appalled that the judge is letting the State play these games.

We don't have it, someone else does.
We just gave it to him before this hearing. (TOO LATE!!)
We haven't seen it.
We can't get it.
You have no jurisdiction over this Your Honor.
We are so busy we just can't get to this yet.
When information comes in, it may take days to get to my desk. WHAT!!!!!!!!!
blah, blah, blah

Why not just give the man the requested documents and act like professionals? Why must the State wait until the judge tells them YET again to turn over documents? What is the point of gamesmanship here?

If I were Baez, I would be screaming!

The State is using stalling tactics - ask yourselves why.

Even the worst of my secretaries can copy 5,000 documents in a few hours. Baez didn't ask for the documents to be formatted to CD's. He just needs copies!!

BS! BS! BS! that they can't copy the calendar. One word: Kinko's!

I am about to go down there and give Baez a hand.

No one is going to convince me that the State does not have copies of photos of the hair slides in their files.

Sleezy prosecutors.

JMHO

That was interesting to watch because GA spoke to her in a very terse tone for quite some time before she did. It looked like he was telling her not to and she didn't ever even acknowledge him and just plowed ahead anyway. I thought that the judge handled it very efficiently. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back